PC No Meowmere? ;_;

gii.ibb

Terrarian
I've fought Moon Lord many times already, and haven't gotten the Meowmere. Is it only in Expert Mode? If so, I'm never getting it ;_;

how does he spawn after the first time? I haven't had a chance to play yet. I know you beat the guy at the dungeon and then the pillar things. but after you beat the moon lord once, how does he respawn?? Help?

Meowmere does drop from normal Moon Lord. You're just unlucky. I managed to get 2 so far :D
Well, lucky you.
EDIT:Maybe we can trade sometime? I just died from the Moon Lord and is getting a little tired of fighting the Pillars a bunch of times.

Last edited:
Well, lucky you.
EDIT:Maybe we can trade sometime? I just died from the Moon Lord and is getting a little tired of fighting the Pillars a bunch of times.
Ok then. Trade a Drill Containment Unit for a (perfectly prefixed) Meowmere :cool:

Ok then. Trade a Drill Containment Unit for a (perfectly prefixed) Meowmere :cool:
Eeeeeee.

I'm having extremely bad luck with everything in Terraria, so I won't be able to trade that.

All aboard the grind traaaaain! (By the way, nice legendary MM)

Arrrrrr.

I'm having extremely awesome luck with everything in Terraria, so I will be able to trade that but I won't because I'm gonna TEdit everything in, probably. But anyways...

All aboard the grind traaaaain! (By the way, your legendary MM stinks, my legendary copper sword is better than yours)
Don't worry, I have.... several chests.... full of lunar bars already... just give me ~400 platinum coins for it :cool:

Well, lucky you.
Tip for grinding: If you have a ton of celestial fragments left from grinding, use them at the Ancient Manipulator (the cultist drop) and create a few extra Celestial Sigils. They summon the moon lord, or his approaching ("impending doom") instantly. It saves a ton of time.

I've fought Moon Lord many times already, and haven't gotten the Meowmere. Is it only in Expert Mode? If so, I'm never getting it ;_;
One thing Relogic always fails to fix is... ...RNG.
Terraria has a disgustingly crappy RNG running in the back. It tends to get "stuck" on values. Anything that is rare end up being more rare. Anything that is common ends up being even more common.
Well, I don't know if you ever payed attention, but RNG tends to get stuck on fail for 1% drops and they don't drop until you have killed like ~thousands of the same enemy, then "randomly" the next 5 monster drops the same 1% chance drop, because the RNG got stuck on a drop success and starts to spam the same item like there's no tomorrow.
That's how crappy the RNG engine is.

That Meowmere will drop sooner or later, you just have to defeat the MoonLord like ~hundreds of times. =^-^'=
Maybe we should ask them to fix the damn RNG in the new thread...

Reactions: Nev
Terraria has a disgustingly crappy RNG running in the back. It tends to get "stuck" on values. Anything that is rare end up being more rare. Anything that is common ends up being even more common.
Well, I don't know if you ever payed attention, but RNG tends to get stuck on fail for 1% drops and they don't drop until you have killed like ~thousands of the same enemy, then "randomly" the next 5 monster drops the same 1% chance drop, because the RNG got stuck on a drop success and starts to spam the same item like there's no tomorrow.

That Meowmere will drop sooner or later, you just have to defeat the MoonLord like ~hundreds of times. =^-^'=

I have a feeling this is just extreme confirmation bias

In expert mode nothing really feels too rare.

It usually takes me longer to build a farm than it takes to get the item I am looking for...

Certainly never had to wait 1000 kills for a 1% drop. 200 maybe, but that is probability/statistics for you...

I have a feeling this is just extreme confirmation bias
Well, you didn't play enough Terraria then. Whenever RNG chan turns into tsundere mode, you can kill thousands of the same monster and see nothing. I got 2 Crimson Key Molds before I saw my very first Vitamin. Then a bunch of vitamins dropped.
Not long before that I was farming Dark mummies for like ~1.5 hours. The Megaphone and the Blindfold dropped together. Then the next mummy dropped another Blindfold and they started spamming it like there was no tomorrow. I was like "Duck you, when I have it already, you start spamming it right?" I had no clue about it then how it works.
Then the Fast Clock... ...same happened, except I was farming Pixies and I got a double drop of Fast Clock and Megaphone twice in a row. At that point I was raging that I had to farm for hours to get a damn 1% droprate item that statistically would drop within 10 minutes. Even worse was the game abusing me with spamming every drop I already got. Hell I was furious.
That was the story of my Ankh Shield. I didn't have such bad luck always, but I had it quite often.

Then my mage, I wanted a sniper scope because I had no luck with my ranger in another world and I wanted a Magnet Sphere as well.
My first sniper scope? I killed like ~20 snipers to see nothing drop. You know how rare those are? Quite rare. Then one sniper dropped a Sniper Rifle and a Sniper Scope. Then the next two dropped Snipers, I had like 3 in a row. Not to mention that within a minute I had another Sniper Scope... ...damn, I haven't seen 4 skeleteton snipers within 10 minutes before, then they spawned one after the other for a while.
The RNG went crazy and I was... ...in deeeeep, because those snipers hit hard. xD
My first Magnet Sphere? That's funniest. It's about 0.25-0.33% drop chance from almost everything in the Hardmode Dungeon.
With my mage I was sitting in a moderately excavated area for 3 darn hours. Then a Magnet Sphere dropped. Then 2 other Magnet Spheres dropped within 5 seconds. I was like "Stahp, drop something else damn you already!"

Those things just happen. Ever wondered why does the same 1/3 droprate item drop ~5+ times in a row often from farming a boss? That's why, the RNG is totally broken, it fails being random.

Well, you didn't play enough Terraria then. Whenever RNG chan turns into tsundere mode, you can kill thousands of the same monster and see nothing. I got 2 Crimson Key Molds before I saw my very first Vitamin. Then a bunch of vitamins dropped.
Not long before that I was farming Dark mummies for like ~1.5 hours. The Megaphone and the Blindfold dropped together. Then the next mummy dropped another Blindfold and they started spamming it like there was no tomorrow. I was like "Duck you, when I have it already, you start spamming it right?" I had no clue about it then how it works.
Then the Fast Clock... ...same happened, except I was farming Pixies and I got a double drop of Fast Clock and Megaphone twice in a row. At that point I was raging that I had to farm for hours to get a damn 1% droprate item that statistically would drop within 10 minutes. Even worse was the game abusing me with spamming every drop I already got. Hell I was furious.
That was the story of my Ankh Shield. I didn't have such bad luck always, but I had it quite often.

Then my mage, I wanted a sniper scope because I had no luck with my ranger in another world and I wanted a Magnet Sphere as well.
My first sniper scope? I killed like ~20 snipers to see nothing drop. You know how rare those are? Quite rare. Then one sniper dropped a Sniper Rifle and a Sniper Scope. Then the next two dropped Snipers, I had like 3 in a row. Not to mention that within a minute I had another Sniper Scope... ...damn, I haven't seen 4 skeleteton snipers within 10 minutes before, then they spawned one after the other for a while.
The RNG went crazy and I was... ...in deeeeep, because those snipers hit hard. xD
My first Magnet Sphere? That's funniest. It's about 0.25-0.33% drop chance from almost everything in the Hardmode Dungeon.
With my mage I was sitting in a moderately excavated area for 3 darn hours. Then a Magnet Sphere dropped. Then 2 other Magnet Spheres dropped within 5 seconds. I was like "Stahp, drop something else damn you already!"

Those things just happen. Ever wondered why does the same 1/3 droprate item drop ~5+ times in a row often from farming a boss? That's why, the RNG is totally broken, it fails being random.

Instances like these have never happened to me in my 600 hours. Not in all of the items I've grinded for: Paladin's Hammer, Nazar, Rod of Discord, etc.

Can anyone confirm they are having the same issue as Kardfogu?

Back
Top Bottom