Resolved No sky pylon?

oley03

Terrarian
Hello, not 100% sure if this actually goes here, as I'm fairly new to the site, but anyway, I spent a few hours building and came up with a pretty nifty base, in the space biome. As I move my NPCs in, they all treat it like the generic forest biome, no special dialogues, pylons, or anything. Is this a bug or is space actually not considered a biome to the NPCs?

I attached a photo of the base, just cause. The black at the top of the minimap is the top of the map, not unexplored area.

Attachments

• mah base.png
    mah base.png
    621.2 KB · Views: 3,578
Hello, not 100% sure if this actually goes here, as I'm fairly new to the site, but anyway, I spent a few hours building and came up with a pretty nifty base, in the space biome. As I move my NPCs in, they all treat it like the generic forest biome, no special dialogues, pylons, or anything. Is this a bug or is space actually not considered a biome to the NPCs?

I attached a photo of the base, just cause. The black at the top of the minimap is the top of the map, not unexplored area.
That's correct, there is no sky or space pylon.

Oh, damn, that sucks. Is there ANY reason you might put an NPC in space? extra shop items maybe? is it even registered as an extra biome? I'm really bummed, I spent a while on that base.

there really should be one, tho, because if you already have a forest pylon, you can't buy another one, and even if you can, you can't use/place it, so you can't have a sky base. so there should definitely be a sky pylon

there really should be one, tho, because if you already have a forest pylon, you can't buy another one, and even if you can, you can't use/place it, so you can't have a sky base. so there should definitely be a sky pylon
Well you can use the universal one to replace it

I've already built a way up, so wires and teleporters it is. still it's a shame that the space biome got absolutely no attention during the update. I built this on master mode, and I'm still pre-skeletron, so I can't even do the wires quite yet. It won't be so bad, I've done it before. wont be hard compared to wiring from ocean to ocean, like before.

you can build your glowing mushroom field in spaaaace and use the mushroom pylon.

Or use the forest pylon in the sky.

And use the magic mirror to teleport to your main HQ. Where you'd want a snow or sand pylon probably to get up there.

you can build your glowing mushroom field in spaaaace and use the mushroom pylon.

Or use the forest pylon in the sky.

And use the magic mirror to teleport to your main HQ. Where you'd want a snow or sand pylon probably to get up there.
huh, that's a good idea. Thanks! I might even be able to incorporate that into its design, like a giant glowing mushroom floating island with my base above it. This is gonna be a lot of work tho. What NPC's can I use to get the pylon for the glowing mushroom biome? How do I mark this issue as solved?

Placed my pylons like so and am happy :D (Had to create desert near dungeon manually though and build flying hollow desert in the sky)
Also brought corruption to my world from another.
1591179227628.png

Back
Top Bottom