Console Not much console only players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeykat

Golem
Are you trying to kill console? I don't want this to sound rude, but PC is easier to program than console so it would be likely. Sorry if this sounded rude, it was an actual question, not an insult.

I don't think there is supposed to be a "competition".

If the console playerbase ends up being significantly smaller than the PC one, it is because games like this with popular modding scenes just do better on PC altogether.

Most players know that if you want the best experience when it comes to modding, in-game performance, latest updates, etc, one should go to PC. I am not trying to start a Master PC Race discussion or anything, these are just simple facts.

It isn't that we want to "kill" consoles or the console version or the console version's playerbase, but yet at the same time... I don't expect people to go with an inferior experience unless that is their only option. Console versions of Terraria exist to give people options. Not everybody has a good enough PC to play the PC Version (which these days is requiring a more and more powerful PC especially if you start loading up mods on top of it).

I assume the OP is asking this in the wake of the announcements that console exclusives would be for the most part, going away and he is frustrated and concerned that this will eliminate reason for people to choose the console version, or at least play it somewhat to experience the unique things.

I don't really think it is a good idea to try to give consoles a "leg up" by offering special unique items, bosses, events, etc. You're only alienating your largest playerbase by doing so and you are devoting resources to creating content that the fewest amount of people will ever see.

I hope this helps some. I meant absolutely no offense by this, and I can understand what motivations one might have for raising this sort of concern or frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom