NPCs & Enemies NPC Idea - Monster Hunter

BeMagnificentt

Terrarian
Hey everyone! i made a thread titled " 2 New NPC Ideas" a while ago (like a week actually) and it wasnt going into much detail so im going to split the 2 NPCs into their won seperate thread.

so ive always though the idea of a monster hunter NPC would fit into terraria very well due to the sheer amount of bosses and enemies there are.

The Monster Hunter would move in after these 2 things have been done:

- 20 DIFFERENT enemies have been defeated for the first time in the world.
- 5 Bosses have been defeated in the world ( Lepus and Turkor count towards the total)

when she moves in she will offer a variety of things.

Scarlet
Mary
Diana
Jewel
Aia
Cindy
Jaden
Larissa

" the dungeon is such a nice place "
" hey [ Player Name ] have my remains? "
" i can tell dungeon bones from monster remains"
" i wont ask for slime remains, i dont even wanna know "
" There was an over sized demon eye in the sky last night, i wonder if it was looking for something"

DURING BLOOD MOON

" if you arent talking monsters i dont wanna talk"
" are those remains i see? no. so bye "
" why did i ever move into this dusty house anyway? even my bones make it look cleaner"

WHEN REWARDING PLAYER

" here you can take this, i found it the other day"

The Monster Hunter will provide quests instantly after moving in.
Her quests consist of asking the player to go out and hunt a specific monster and retrieve their remains which drop at a 100% chance only while tasked with collecting their specific remains. you only need to collect one remains for each quest.
when delivering the remains to the monster hunter, she will give a variety of rewards.
Such as potions, crafting ingredients, weapons, and coins.

she will offer 3 types of quests.

Normal quest = " go out and get 1 *monster name* remains
these reward you with weak gear and coins

Tablet Quests = will direct you to kill a powerful miniboss type monster. there is 1 miniboss for each biome (excluding underground biomes with exception of surface gl
owing mushroom) killing the miniboss will drop a tablet, returning it to the monster hunter will allow her to read it and give a description of lore from the biome the monster was found in and a biome exclusive item.

Unique monster quests - given randomly with a small chance, npc gives clues to location of monster and player had 1 in game day to kill monster. this results in high amounts of money and other items. spending high amounts of money to the wizard npc will allow you to see a small area around the monster in real time to give you clues on where it is. monster usually spawns underground and it will only spawn in places that have been explored.

Last edited:
Spending 5 minutes traveling to the ocean biome to kill a shark, then immediately come back doesn't sound very fun. Fishing quests stretch the limits of that questing concept enough as it is.

Spending 5 minutes traveling to the ocean biome to kill a shark, then immediately come back doesn't sound very fun. Fishing quests stretch the limits of that questing concept enough as it is.
i thinking one enemy would be good because there are alot of rare enemies like pinkie

Back
Top Bottom