NPCs & Enemies NPC: The Werewolf

Would a Werewolf NPC be a good addition to Terraria?

• Yes, (Explain)

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • No, (Explain)

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
Love it! As for the items he sells, i think it would probably be better if they made the player stronger when the "werewolf" buff is active rather than making killing werewolves easier. Not only is it more usefull, but seems to make more sense (why would he sell you items that make killing him and his kind easier?). Like, a weapon that deals more damage if the player is a werewolf, or a potion that heals and buffs you if you are currently a werewolf, but damages and debuffs you otherwise... stuff like that.
For that last thing, he already said something about that. Look at Mystery Meat

During the day, he could attack with a... Hmm... I don't know what would fit best for him that would be ranged. But at night, he could attack melee.

And yeah, having Werewolf-buffing items makes a bit more sense, however, would it not make sense for one to protect one's self from other Werewolves in case they attack him?

During the day, he could attack with a... Hmm... I don't know what would fit best for him that would be ranged. But at night, he could attack melee.

And yeah, having Werewolf-buffing items makes a bit more sense, however, would it not make sense for one to protect one's self from other Werewolves in case they attack him?
I can kinda see him wielding a Revolver during the day.

Though the number of anti-werewolf items might be a bit unnecessary in retrospect, seeing as though they aren't very major enemies.
Maybe something else instead?
I love the idea otherwise.

Sorry, misunderstood. Yeah, a normal wolf would be cool, but don't you think it should drop from wolves?

Acredito Que Essa é Uma Boa Ideia Pois Acho Que Se Adicionace-mos Mais Npcs Monstros E Animais Ficaria Mais Divertido Isso Daria Um Caldo Para Rpg No Terraria Afinal Nós Somos Mais Magicos Que Minecraft :)

this is such a cool idea! the only thing i feel is missing is his weapon, but other than that this is very complete and i adore this concept!!!!

I honestly like this idea a lot.

1. he should have some quotes dealing with the Neptune Shell
  2. should the moon band be able to Be combined with other accessories into something like the Celestial shell?

I honestly like this idea a lot.

1. he should have some quotes dealing with the Neptune Shell
  2. should the moon band be able to Be combined with other accessories into something like the Celestial shell?

I hadn't really considered the Neptune Shell because 1: I hadn't really thought it would work thematically with the Werewolf, and 2: The NPCs never really comment on either Werewolf or Merman forms. I'll think on it, at least, though I'm always open to suggestions.

And by Moon Band, I presume you mean the Moon Charm. I honestly think adding the Moon Charm or its components- beyond what already goes into it- would add an unnecessary buff to an already useful accessory. Adding the Moon Charm's bonuses would further skew the Celestial Shell toward the Werewolf aspect of the item, which would potentially make the night-time aspect of the accessory even more powerful.
By design, it's meant to be a 'you can choose one or the other, or have both at the same time' as a sort of tradeoff. To get all of the bonuses, you would have to sacrifice an accessory slot.

I love this idea!! although i may be biased as werewolves are awesome.
I would love to see this guy in game!
heheh.. i'm already imagining interactions between this character and my player character (i just love character interaction)
Also loving the other npc quotes referring to him

Last edited:
I love the Moon Charm, but its limited use kind of makes me a little sad. So, I had this idea where after acquiring a Moon Charm, that a Werewolf NPC would spawn in town, selling Werewolf related items. He would be a friendly NPC, but during the Blood Moon, he becomes verbally hostile, thus being the only male NPC to act aggressively toward the player. He would also have different things to say while the player is wearing the Moon Charm. Part of the appeal for a Werewolf NPC would be something that looks and acts outwardly friendly, but is actually pretty terrifying when you consider the things he does and says. (Kind of like how Terraria itself is.) Item stats based on Terraria Wiki stats. I'm trying to have them be balanced, but do not expect a good balance.

How to Spawn: Have Moon Charm, Moon Shell, or Celestial Shell in inventory. Must have viable housing.
Description: The Werewolf has two forms based on day and night. During the day, they are fair skinned with brown hair, wearing a red vest with a white undershirt and light brown pants with black shoes. His hairstyle is reminiscent of a Werewolf's fur. At night, he looks like a Werewolf, still wearing the clothing he had during the daytime, except the vest is a darker shade of red and his clothing looks a little shabby. He is brown-furred, like the player.

Names: Amadeus, Cain, Conri, Faolan, Fenris, Howl, Lucian, Lupin, Remus, Ulf, Wolfram.

What they sell:
Full Moon: A Boomerang-type weapon that looks like a disc. Damage: 55, Knockback: 7, Velocity: 12, Speed: Very Fast, Use Time: 14, Cost: 2 Gold, Sell: 1 Gold. Notes: Up to two can be stacked, no autofire. Deals .5% extra damage against Werewolves. Tooltip: "An ironic end for Werewolves."
Crescent Moon: A Sword with the same stats as the Palladium Sword. Deals .5% extra damage against Werewolves. Cost: 2 Gold, Sell: 1 Gold. Tooltip: "A Werewolf's least favorite moon phase."
Wolf Fang: Accessory. Looks like a fang tied to a cord. Increases Knockback. Tooltip: "Kind of a disturbing trophy, if you think about it." Cost: 1 Gold. Sell: 50 Silver.
Silver Band: Accessory. Looks like a Band of Regeneration, except with a crescent moon. Increases defense against Werewolves. Tooltip: "Only useful once a month." Cost: 2 Gold. Sell: 1 Gold.
Silver Chain: Accessory. Looks like a Shackle, except silver. Restores HP every time you hit a Werewolf. Tooltip: "The only thing keeping a Werewolf sane." Cost: 1 Gold. Sell: 50 Silver.
Mystery Meat: Consumable. When wearing Moon Charm, grants 10 minute Well Fed buff and 2 minute Regeneration buff. When not wearing Moon Charm, inflicts Poisoned debuff. (Blood Moon only.)

Quotes: General:
"You smell friendly."
"Is it me, or does [Guide] smell like sulfur?"
"Why does [Merchant] keep trying to sell me brushes? Is my hair THAT messy?"
"That [Arms Dealer] scares me. He was looking straight at me while loading his gun with silver bullets."
"Psst! Hey! I know you're like me. I have stuff that helps during nighttime."
"[Dryad] seems to like me. Earlier today, she rubbed my hair. It felt nice."
"[Angler] gave me this thing that tells me what the moon phase is because I gave him a fish. Such a nice kid."
"[Wizard] offered to remove my curse for me. Which is weird, since I don't have a curse."
"Do you have any bones? Why? Er... No reason."
"[Truffle] scares me. It has no mouth, how does it talk?"
"How did you do that? You look amazing in the daylight!" (If Moon Charm is equipped in Vanity Slot.)
"Good enough." (Reference to Farkas in Skyrim.)
Night:
"I guess you know my secret."
"Hey! [Player]! Let's go outside and chase our tails!" (If Player is wearing Moon Charm.)
"[Stylist] is a goddess with that brush. My fur's so shiny now!"
"Awoof? That's Wolf for 'Want to buy something'?"
"[Witch Doctor] isn't Human either, is he? I can't really tell with all of that stuff he's wearing."
"I hid my stash of bones in the Dungeon. When I went back to look for it, it was running around trying to kill me!"
Blood Moon: (Without Moon Charm equipped.)
"Grrrrrr... I smell... Fresh meat."
"It's nights like this... that hunting is plentiful."
"Prrrotect you? I'm saving you... for laterrr."
"Let the Hunt begin."
"AWROOOOO!"
"You smell... Delicious..."
Blood Moon: (With Moon Charm Equipped)
"Shall we hunt?"
"I smell blood, our hunt will be great."
"There are enemies nearby... I'll rip and tear them to pieces."
"Why does [Arms Dealer] keep watching me? I'm not going to eat him. At least, not until we run out of monsters to eat."
Full Moon:
"I'm so full of energy right now, I could run to the Dungeon and back and still feel like running."
"Be careful out there. My brothers and sisters don't like Humans."
"Be careful out there. My brothers and sisters think you're an impostor." (If Player is wearing Moon Charm.)
"I don't fault you for killing my brothers and sisters. Such is the danger of the hunt. Sometimes prey bites back."
"Ever wonder why you never see little pigs? Ever wonder why there's abandoned houses underground?"
"My brothers and sisters... They sing to me. But I won't hunt you. I like you too much."
When a Full Moon and a Blood Moon coincide:
"It's a Full Moon, it's a Blood Moon. It's Moon-Moon!"

Other NPC Quotes: Werewolf specific.
"I heard Werewolves will drop a useful item during the full moon. Where did I hear this? Some strange man who passed through." -Guide after entering Hardmode.
"[Werewolf] likes to sell shed wolf fur to me. I can at least use it to keep cats away from my stock." -Merchant.
"[Werewolf] keeps sniffing my stock. What does he expect, perfume?" -Merchant.
"Who's the fuzzy guy?" -Merchant during a Full Moon.
"Claw marks, bites, wears a lot of silver... [Werewolf] is obviously a Werewolf." -Nurse.
"I feel sorry for [Werewolf]. All of that running around, he gets hurt quite a lot." -Nurse.
"Do you think if I blew up the moon, [Werewolf] would be cured? No? Okay." -Demolitionist.
"[Werewolf]'s nose is pretty strong. He helped me find some sulfur for my dynamite the other day." -Demolitionist.
"[Werewolf] has no sense of color coordination. Yet he calls me barking mad when I offer him some silver dye for his clothes. Rude." -Dye Trader.
"I don't care what everyone thinks. [Werewolf] is as much a force of nature as I am. A younger, more volatile force of nature." -Dryad.
"Thank you for letting [Werewolf] have a home here." -Dryad.
"I don't trust that [Werewolf] character. His wolfish grin is... disturbing." -Arms Dealer.
"I offered [Werewolf] some silver bullets for cheap. I've never seen a man run away from a deal like that." -Arms Dealer, during Blood Moon.
"I understand he's a big fluffball, but [Werewolf] still scares me." -Arms Dealer at night.
"[Werewolf] has such soft and fluffy hair! It's so fun to style it!" -Stylist.
"I saw [Werewolf] buying a brush from [Merchant]. Maybe I could teach him a thing or two about proper hair care." -Stylist.
"[Werewolf] asked me to help him paint the full moon. Why does that sound terrifying to me?" -Painter.
"[Werewolf] gave me a painting of his lunch he had today. After he ate it. Lovely." -Painter.
"You know [Werewolf]? I saw him catch an ironfish with his bare hands. I wonder what else he can catch." -Angler.
"I've always wanted a pet Werewolf. Now [Werewolf]'s here!" -Angler, at night.
"[Werewolf] is an excellent helper. He always fetches my tools for me." -Goblin Tinkerer.
"Is it strange to feel a kindred spirit in [Werewolf]?" -Witch Doctor.
"[Werewolf] asked me what good wolfsbane is. I don't even know what wolfsbane is!" -Witch Doctor.
"I keep getting shed fur from [Werewolf]. Maybe I could make it into a hat?" -Clothier.
"I know all too well what it is like to have a curse. [Werewolf], at least, seems happy with his." -Clothier, at night.
"[Werewolf] asked me how to make an artificial full moon. I'm skilled, but I'm no miracle worker." -Mechanic.
"[Werewolf] is a real party animal, I can tell." -Party Girl.
"One of my favorite parts about [Werewolf]? He can do the Monster Mash." -Party Girl.
"I invited [Werewolf] t' sail wit' me. Never saw a man run fer th' hills 's fast as him." -Pirate.
"Who is this [Werewolf] everyone's talking about?" -Truffle, in reference to the Werewolf's fear of him.
"[Werewolf] asked me if I could make his wolf form permanent. Do I look like a vanity wizard?" -Wizard. Reference to how you can put the Moon Charm in the vanity accessory slot to look like a Werewolf all day.
"Am I the only person who doesn't have an opinion of [Werewolf]? He's just a normal guy." -Steampunker.
"Finally, I am not the only one here who is two things at the same time." -Cyborg.
"[Werewolf] just recently got off my naughty list. Maybe I'll give him some bones for Christmas." -Santa.
"Can you explain to [Werewolf] that dead animals are not viable tax payments?" -Tax Collector.

Misc Notes: (Not NPC Related)
The Wolf Fang, Silver Band, and Silver Chain, alongside the Moon Charm all combine into the Moon Crest, which all have the combined power of the prior items.

ðe accessories seem kinda useless since werewolfs arnt ðat hard to deal with, also could u uze ðe healing accessory to heal infinitely if u trapped urself with a bunch of werewolfs?. anyway we have ðe zoologist who is close enough to ðis ðat ðis probably wont get added

Back
Top Bottom