NPC's and Mobs out of world

QLDTR

Terrarian
Why are the npc's out of the world? PLEASE HELP! I find this really disturbing while playing because I can't tell where my npc's really are.
Desktop 08.11.2017 - 22.18.54.01.png

Could you elaborate? Are you being hit by invisible NPCs? Are there no NPCs spawning at all?
nothing is wrong with invisible npc's or them not spawning. It's just when they spawn and they arent right next to my character they look like they are off the world. An example is I will go down into a cave and then a slime will come down but ill watch it come down and it will be inside the ground. idk if that makes sense but...

nothing is wrong with invisible npc's or them not spawning. It's just when they spawn and they arent right next to my character they look like they are off the world. An example is I will go down into a cave and then a slime will come down but ill watch it come down and it will be inside the ground. idk if that makes sense but...
I'm not sure I understand still.
It makes sense that NPCs are not spawning directly next to your character, since they are programmed to spawn off-screen.
I do not, however, understand the example about the Slime. So, you go down a cave. A slime spawns. Allright, so NPCs do spawn. But instead of the slime behaving naturally, you could say it falls through the ground, never colliding? This is what I can make out of your story.

I'm not sure I understand still.
It makes sense that NPCs are not spawning directly next to your character, since they are programmed to spawn off-screen.
I do not, however, understand the example about the Slime. So, you go down a cave. A slime spawns. Allright, so NPCs do spawn. But instead of the slime behaving naturally, you could say it falls through the ground, never colliding? This is what I can make out of your story.
So- In that picture i'm flying to show you that the npc is off the actual world plane when I move around it. Now if I were to go down a cave and the npc was by the cave entrance the npc would still be standing in the same spot but as I would go down the npc's visual would slightly follow me and when i'm in the cave still able to see the npc it would be in the ground. Idk if i'm making any sense lol.

Sounds like you are zoomed in and you have a mod that is drawing npc manually without taking into account the zoom. I think it's Item Customizer if you have that.

Sounds like you are zoomed in and you have a mod that is drawing npc manually without taking into account the zoom. I think it's Item Customizer if you have that.
In this photo I took when I fly down the slimes visual comes down with me and makes it appear in the ground. If I were to fly up to the slime it would be on the surface but it would be off plane like the first pic so idk why its doing this.
Desktop 08.14.2017 - 18.36.56.01.png

Back
Top Bottom