nurse wont move in

PtrPkrr

Terrarian
i started a new world with a one of my charaters that has full health. so far i have 13 npcs and no nurse. you have to have over 100 heath for the nurse to move in, (which i do) and still she wont move in. can somebody explain to me why?

This may be a stupid question, but do you have an empty house the fulfills the requirements for an NPC?

The three requirements for the nurse are that she needs an empty house(obviously), need health increased with a life crystal, and the merchant needs to be present. If these three are met, my only question as to a potential conflict would be if your character was full health *before* making this world(as in, you "imported" it over). I don't know if this is a possibility, but if you are already full health and can't use a life crystal, maybe her spawning criteria couldn't be met? I'd try using a life crystal on a new character on the world and see if that works, if it is indeed the case. But this is all speculative.

To add to what Vulpes said, NPCs will not spawn while any type of event is happening, or if it is nighttime. Rain counts as an event, so if its raining, no NPCs will spawn. Goblin/Pirate Invasions also nullify the NPC spawning process. I don't know if the Lunar Events count as an event to disable NPC spawning.

oh my god. i didnt even notice my merchant died lol. i dont know how he died but he did. well when he spawned back, the nurse moved in like 15 mins after.

thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom