Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Could use something.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Don't need it.

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

CalebthePianist

Official Terrarian
So, first suggestion, so feel free to put your input and give suggestions and ideas.
The ocean is important, right? It has its own music, background, loot, enemies, and a boss. Shouldn't it have a biome chest and a unique item?
Introducing, the Ocean Biome Chest!
(Sprites by PineLord.)

image.jpg

Unlocked
image.jpg

Key
image.jpg

And now, the item!
image.jpg

Water Staff
Rarity: Yellow
Type: Accessory
Damage: 61
Knockback: 5
Max Stack: 1
Velocity: 15
Tooltip: Creates damaging waves when you enter the water, Summons water imps to fight for you
Sell: 8 gold.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Changed the item to an accessory.

Last edited:
Another mage weapon in the dungeon would unbalance the classes and send us Warriors and Rangers into an uproar. No support.

I agree with Layman9, it would throw the balance of class weapons out of wack. (Yes there are two melee weapons in the dungeon chests, but only one of them can be obtained per world, so it balances out.)

Well melee already has two even though you can't get them in the same world and people might like this idea. You can't say it will cause a large group of people to uproar just because you don't like it.

Well melee already has two even though you can't get them in the same world and people might like this idea. You can't say it will cause a large group of people to uproar just because you don't like it.
I didnt... I said it because its true...

You and one other person are against it. That is definitely all the rangers and warriors that play this game. Also this opens up even more opportunities for other biome chest weapons such as the underworld have a ranged or summon and the desert.

You and one other person are against it. That is definitely all the rangers and warriors that play this game. Also this opens up even more opportunities for other biome chest weapons such as the underworld have a ranged or summon and the desert.
You realize people can say things without assembling a massive petition to back it up? And you are ignoring the pure logic of what I said, instead focusing on an afterthought.

Well your missing part of my logic too which is that other biomes like the underworld and desert can have chests too to balance it out. Also IMO if you have a crimson world the corruption should be added and vice versa to get both in one world. Also this is his first suggestion so I think you could be more nice about no support.

Well your missing part of my logic too which is that other biomes like the underworld and desert can have chests too to balance it out. Also IMO if you have a crimson world the corruption should be added and vice versa to get both in one world. Also this is his first suggestion so I think you could be more nice about no support.
What on earth does how many suggestions he has have to do with the critique!

I don't want to get into an arguement I just thought you could be a bit nicer about saying no support.

A cloud bow would be nice if you want to make one but you don't have too make on as the sky doesn't have a lot of features. IMO for there to be a sky chest the whole sky needs a revamp first. But feel free to make the bow as it is only my opinion.

So, first suggestion, so feel free to put your input and give suggestions and ideas.
The ocean is important, right? It has its own music, background, loot, enemies, and a boss. Shouldn't it have a biome chest and a unique weapon?
Introducing, the Ocean Biome Chest!
(Sprites by PineLord.)

View attachment 69501

Unlocked
View attachment 69502

Key
View attachment 69503

And now, the weapon!
View attachment 69504
Tsunami Staff
Rarity: Yellow
Type: Weapon
Damage: 61 (Magic)
Knockback: 5
Max Stack: 1
Mana: 15
Velocity: 15
Critical Chance: 5%
Use Time: 38 (Very Slow)
Tooltip: Summons a great wave to slam into your enemies
Sell: 8 gold.
Best possible modifier: Mythical

What do you guys think?
I like this, but the people above are right. This would upset the mage/range/melee/summoner balance.

I recommend the ocean chest have something that isn't a traditional weapon in it. Like an accessory that gives the player a cannon mounted on their back, so cannonballs have a hilarious use. Or a classless item that stores up water with right click and lets the player fire compressed steam bursts to launch themselves at high velocity in the opposite direction of their aim. Or a suped-up sand gun which would technically be ranged but just as uselessly so as the piranha gun, and could have different attributes for the kind of sand used (regular projectile for normal sand, high-speed, low damage projectile for crimsand, low-speed, high-damage for ebonsand, piercing or splitting projectiles for pearlsand, perhaps)

I really like the sand gun, I don't care if it's stupid.

You could make this into an accessory that is useful for all classes and that isn't too situational. Such as increasing damage by 20% when at low HP. Or I don't know.

Now, now, everyone hold on for a moment. Not every piece of the puzzle has to be put in at one time. This would throw things off if it was added by its self, but let's think about this for a moment. The original poster is proposing a weapon like this if there is going to be an ocean biome chest. If the developers add a new biome weapon then they'll likely add enough others to balance it out.

I for one don't quite like the idea of an ocean biome weapon because the oceans are tiny and don't have the amount of content to make it exciting long enough for you to stumble upon a key.

I really don't like the idea of a biome weapon being an accessory, I recommend setting it back to being a weapon.

Back
Top Bottom