tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

Yo so basically I've done this multiple times and it still hasn't worked someone please tell me if there is something wrong. Basically I have to separate PC's one at my mum and one at my dads, at my dads for the past week or so I've been playing DBZ terraria with my friends and today I had to go up to my mums so I uploaded both my character and my world onto the cloud at my dads just by clicking the little button ingame, I then traveled up to my mums house and hopped on my pc, I switched the tmod loader to the same version as the one at my dads house, loaded in and saw no character or world, I looked at the migrate section and nothing still. I changed the version back and fourth but no changes, I checked my folders to find nothing. Someone please help, it's difficult enough to play with my friends since there already on the other side of the world but not being to play at all is even worse.

Yo so basically I've done this multiple times and it still hasn't worked someone please tell me if there is something wrong. Basically I have to separate PC's one at my mum and one at my dads, at my dads for the past week or so I've been playing DBZ terraria with my friends and today I had to go up to my mums so I uploaded both my character and my world onto the cloud at my dads just by clicking the little button ingame, I then traveled up to my mums house and hopped on my pc, I switched the tmod loader to the same version as the one at my dads house, loaded in and saw no character or world, I looked at the migrate section and nothing still. I changed the version back and fourth but no changes, I checked my folders to find nothing. Someone please help, it's difficult enough to play with my friends since there already on the other side of the world but not being to play at all is even worse.
If you have a USB drive, I would recommend copying the player and world files onto that instead, it's more reliable and also means you have a backup should something cause the files to be corrupted.

Hello guys, i don't know where to post my issue, so sorry if it's the wrong place.

I launched Tmod (gog) my log showed that mod started and logged but when i got to my workshop -> manage mod, no mod was there, so i tried to install the mods but it says "it or it was already installed, try restarting your instance" and i also tried to look into the mod directory but nothing is there. I got some file to share, the first is the said instance and the second is the next one, when i closed and reopened Tmod.

I'm seeking help because i don't have a clue of what happened and i don't want to unistall it ;-;

Attachments

• 2023-05-24-106.zip
    37.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 2023-05-24-107.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 33
I have Terraria on Steam via family share, how can I play with tmodloader in multiplayer? I googled it and some people are saying on reddit and steam forums/discussions hat you have to download tmodloader manually?

Negative. Unfortunately it seems it is not possible as explained here on the store page.

Tmod itself is not a game, merely an extension of code that allows mods to be compatible with the game. Even if you acquire Tmod without Steam, the game would still be required to patch properly.

To my knowledge, gameshare doesn't act as ownership, and thus will not allow Tmod multiplayer.

Thag being said, take the above with a shovel of salt, as I am no rocket surgeon.

I have Terraria on Steam via family share, how can I play with tmodloader in multiplayer? I googled it and some people are saying on reddit and steam forums/discussions hat you have to download tmodloader manually?
Hi @kubaaa203 I moved your post (and any replies) into this TML help thread (out of the Guides section).

I'm having a problem with RAM usage in TModLoader(Windows 1.4.3). My RAM seems to be capped at 1.7 GB and this is causing my framerate to suffer severely. This is only becoming a problem with the more intense post-moonlord bosses but I can not get more than 10 FPS with a lot going on and the memory refuses to increase to the 4 GB that should be allocated by default. My RAM hovers around 50% of the total according to task manager, so I am confused as to why it cannot use more. I checked the configs just to make sure I couldn't change it there and there appears to be no setting to change the allocated memory.

Also, when I set the program priority to high on task manager it did not help with the performance, so that is why I think it is purely a RAM problem. It uses at max around 10% of my CPU and 6% of my GPU(and it is practically the only thing being used for either), while the memory capped out at ~1730 MB.

Also, this screenshot is from the console right after all of the mods finish initializing. Thanks to anyone who can help out with this :)

yesbutwhy(NULL).png

Does anyone have a good tutorial or explanation for framedtile sheets, like as in what sprite is what across the sheet? And how they need to be ordered to function properly.

Also a second question, is there any chance of an example paint in the example mod, I've been digging around but can't seem to find one.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I can seek help here, but I thought maybe I could give it a try.
I have recently switched to an ultrawide monitor, but TML doesn't display correctly. There is a black area at the edges. Is there any way to fix this?
This is the actual display state.
1695222152658.png

I have identified the cause of the issue. It is a problem with "Lights And Shadow", not a TML error.​

Last edited:
hey, I have a problem where SetDefault in "DisplayName.SetDefault" (im trying to make the display name blue orb) (a custom projectile I'm making called blue orb) is underlined in red and I saw alot of vids and the word was yellow and the mod worked. except for me :( I'm using visual studio and idk why this word just happens to be underlined in red. here's the photo for proof:
pls help and help me fix this please.

Attachments

• image_2023-09-21_200418638.png
    image_2023-09-21_200418638.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 42
I updated Windows last night and now tmodloader won't make it to the main menu, I tried deleting the entire game folder including world and mod data in documents and disabling steam cloud to run a clean full reinstall but the issue persists, I tried uninstalling my dotnet and reinstalled 6.0.9 instead cause someone said that helped but the issue persists, I tried running the tmodload batch files as admin but the issue still persists. Here's the launch logfile and a few others.

Edit: I tried clearing the Steam download cache, issue persists.

Edit #2: Solved... I used individual app volume control in windows 10 settings, after restoring them to windows recommended default the game launches again.

Last edited:
I am trying to make a custom dye, but "GetEffect()" throws an error. Am I missing a using directive and if so, what am I missing?

Code:
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.IO;
using TantumMod.Items.Dyes;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.Graphics.Effects;
using Terraria.Graphics.Shaders;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace TantumMod
{
    public class TantumMod : Mod
    {
        public override void Load()
        {
            if (!Main.dedServ)
            {
                GameShaders.Armor.BindShader(ModContent.ItemType<GY90Dye>(), new ArmorShaderData(new Ref<Effect>(GetEffect("Effects/GY90Dye")), "GY90Pass"));
            }
        }

//I have only included a snippet of the code as the rest is most likely irrelevant (It handles packets for a custom life crystal)

Edit: I figured out that I could just use Assets.Request<Effect>("Effects/GY90Dye", AssetRequestMode.ImmediateLoad).Value) instead and it works

Last edited:
Hello me and my friend recently started a calamity world but randomly his computer just shut down and when he booted it back up calamity wouldn't download and it would say "cloud operation failed" anyone know how to fix?

The game crashed because I was out of ram, then it told me the files were corrupted
I deleted the tmodloader files and then clicked "check file integrity" causing steam to redownload them
I deleted the config.jason and replaced it with the config zip as said in the troubleshooting guide
I could open the game but I couldn't enter one world
I may have deleted something about the world in the process, but how do I know what I deleted?
I spent a long time on the world and I don't know what else to do. Is this a vanilla problem?
I don't have any backups from before the problem started

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom