Console One hit killer

Sunlord

Terrarian
For the longest time, some people have wanted a Instant kill weapon.
It has been an idea that I and some people who play terraria have always wanted. But we always came to the conclusion that it would be too overpowered. So I thought, "how can I make an instant kill weapon less overpowered?" This is the result.

View attachment 236779
May i present The ONE HIT KILLER!

It is a third expert mode only Moonlord item that when equipped enflicts the "one hit" buff and "one hit" debuff.

ONE HIT BUFF:
sets the player's stats/all of the player's weapon stats to the following:
Infinite attack. Allows all weapons to one shot any boss or enemy. What this means is when you have this accessory equiped you can one shot any boss or enemy with any of your weapons.

ONE HIT DEBUFF:
buff tooltip: "with great power comes great dodging"
info: sets the player's stats to the following:
defense: 0
hp: 1/1
what this debuff does is when the one hit killer is equiped in the accessory slot the player's stats will be set to this. This means the player will kill anything in one hit with any weapon but they will also die in one hit, making the one hit killer not overpowered.

NOTES/TIPS: To prevent the possibility of the player just unequiping it before they are killed, the one hit killer cannot be unequiped until the player dies or a full in-game day passes.
This item does not cancel items that have a chance to dodge or block hits such as the solar armor set bonus, the titanium armor set bonus, the black belt, etc. This means the player has a chance to take a hit without taking damage.
For bosses with multiple body parts to them (twins, golem, moonlord, brain of cuthulu, etc) it is recommended to use the last prism or any item that is good for fighting against large groups of enemies so that the player can eliminate the multiple boss parts more quickly.
"With great power comes great dodging"
This weapon is good and balanced in the sense that the player dies in one hit. It is great for a challenge play through.

improvements: I plan to change it to a sword with very low range similar to arkahlis.
Once used, the weapon (in its future sword from) has a cool down in which it cannot be used for a short amount of time. It also cancels any items that would allow the player to survive a hit such as the black belt.

(Sry the one hit killer is just a heart jpg. Idk how to make original sprites. If anyone does know pls tell me. Also, tell me if u support this, and any improvements that can be made)

Last edited:
Well, you could finally kill the Moonlord with a copper shortsword....
Well the item can only be droped by moonlord in expert mode. Plus that would be difficult since you would most likely want a weapon with range so that you are less likely to die for collision damage. Also since the moonlord has multiple body parts (the three eyes and the core) you would problably die before you can kill all of them. Each body part dies in one hit, but you would die pretty fast which is why I said it is reccomended to have a ranged weapon like last prism. Sry for a lot of text.

This is horribly broken, even dying in one hit doesn't balance it, the dungeon guardian could be cheesed and so could every boss. Anyone could easily kill the Moon Lord if each part took only one hit as they could kill it before it can even summon any attacks.

There is no way to balance a one-hit weapon sadly.
See, its actually very hard to no hit the moonlord fight. How about the one hit debuff also lowers the player's movement speed significantly?

Well the item can only be droped by moonlord in expert mode. Plus that would be difficult since you would most likely want a weapon with range so that you are less likely to die for collision damage. Also since the moonlord has multiple body parts (the three eyes and the core) you would problably die before you can kill all of them. Each body part dies in one hit, but you would die pretty fast which is why I said it is reccomended to have a ranged weapon like last prism. Sry for a lot of text.
I'm aware that it is meant an EXM Moonlord drop. However, wings, dashing, and the Rod of Discord exist. You can run loops around Moonlord very easily. You also didn't need to say it twice.
This is horribly broken, even dying in one hit doesn't balance it, the dungeon guardian could be cheesed and so could every boss. Anyone could easily kill the Moon Lord if each part took only one hit as they could kill it before it can even summon any attacks.

There is no way to balance a one-hit weapon sadly.
It's not even a weapon. It's an accessory that makes every weapon a one hitter.
See, its actually very hard to no hit the moonlord fight. Have you beat in him without taking a hit?
You don't need to in order to get the item, though. And afterwards, after you have it, all you need is some form of fast, long-distance damage.

Alright how about this: it is instead a sword similar to t
That's even worse, there are already some very overpowered weapons, and making them one hit would break the game so badly.
How about instead the one hit killer is a sword that has very low range like the fetid Baghnaks? That way there is no way to get longe range

That's even worse, there are already some very overpowered weapons, and making them one hit would break the game so badly.
Exactly. Just get any form of automatic gun and endless bullets, a minion that can attack through blocks, and the world is yours. You don't even need to worry about being hit.

Exactly. Just get any form of automatic gun and endless bullets, a minion that can attack through blocks, and the world is yours. You don't even need to worry about being hit.
I plan to change the one hit killer to a sword with very low range like arkahlis or fetid Baghnaks. That way there is no way to get longe
Maybe if the one hit kill only worked on non-bosses and had a cool down before it could be used again, that seems more fair.
Omg! Yes! Why didn't I think of that?! So it enflicts a debuff called "recharge" or something (debuff tootip: "the weapon needs to recharge") and you cant use the weapon again until the debuff's countdown is finished. Sound cool?

I plan to change the one hit killer to a sword with very low range like arkahlis or fetid Baghnaks. That way there is no way to get longe

Omg! Yes! Why didn't I think of that?! So it enflicts a debuff called "recharge" or something (debuff tootip: "the weapon needs to recharge") and you cant use the weapon again until the debuff's countdown is finished. Sound cool?
I still dislike the idea of a one-hit weapon in general. I will point this out though: this thing 'would' drop from EXM Moonlord, which would make sense in a way. Lock the powerful weapon behind a powerful boss. However, at that point in the game, such a weapon is useless. With a few potions and the proper setup, you can destroy pretty much anything with ease. Even without the potions, there isn't really any non-boss enemy that poses a threat to you.

I still dislike the idea of a one-hit weapon in general. I will point this out though: this thing 'would' drop from EXM Moonlord, which would make sense in a way. Lock the powerful weapon behind a powerful boss. However, at that point in the game, such a weapon is useless. With a few potions and the proper setup, you can destroy pretty much anything with ease.
I do agree with the fact that the weapon would be pointless, but I do also believe this does apply to all moonlord drops (especially celebration)
Also, you cant change your hp or defense cause it will automatically set it back due to the "one hit" debuff. Maybe I might make it so that it cancels out any items that would allow the player to survive a hit like black belt

I do agree with the fact that the weapon would be pointless, but I do also believe this does apply to all moonlord drops (especially celebration)
Also, you cant change your hp or defense cause it will automatically set it back due to the "one hit" debuff. Maybe I might make it so that it cancels out any items that would allow the player to survive a hit like black belt
Let me restate myself real quick: Even without the one-hit, with a few potions and the proper setup, you can destroy pretty much anything with ease.
Even without the potions, there isn't really any non-boss enemy that poses a threat to you. Also, the Moonlord drops aren't nearly as op as a literal one-hitter.

Last edited:
I should have specified what I meant about the potions and setup. Even without the one-hit, with a few potions and the proper setup, you can destroy pretty much anything with ease.
Even without the potions, there isn't really any non-boss enemy that poses a threat to you.
Well lets just say you are in a goblin invasion. U hit a goblin and that kills it. But then the cool down effect happens. Your stuck at 1 hp and you cant use the weapon when there is a lot of enemies around you. There you would probably die since I feel like the cool down is going to be somewhere between 5-10 seconds.

Well lets just say you are in a goblin invasion. U hit a goblin and that kills it. But then the cool down effect happens. Your stuck at 1 hp and you cant use the weapon when there is a lot of enemies around you. There you would probably die since I feel like the cool down is going to be somewhere between 5-10 seconds.
1. RoD exists. 2. Why would I want to use it then? That just makes the thing useless. 3. Why would anyone want to fight the Goblins so late into the game?

Back
Top Bottom