One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason that I know of to be concerned about PC updates. PC will continue to drive the direction of the game as it always has.

What we HOPE to see is a dramatically shorter turnaround on getting new PC content to the other platforms.

I have a few more questions regarding console Terraria, specifically the Switch version. Will the touch screen be supported for handheld play? It would be great for inventory management, and such. Don't remember if the Wii U supported that exactly. Another question I have is that in an earlier Pipeworks stream, they stated that once they *eventually* catch up to PC, that they would consider adding exclusive content. Is this changing now, because of this post?

I have a few more questions regarding console Terraria, specifically the Switch version. Will the touch screen be supported for handheld play? It would be great for inventory management, and such. Don't remember if the Wii U supported that exactly. Another question I have is that in an earlier Pipeworks stream, they stated that once they *eventually* catch up to PC, that they would consider adding exclusive content. Is this changing now, because of this post?
Right now, the focus is getting PS4/XBox1 ready for certification and into the hands of the people waiting for it. Questions about other platforms will be addressed later, including Switch, mobile and PC.

The OP says that some of the current pets might be reconsidered, but other than that, the post is pretty clear about what is happening now. If the dev's thinking abouut that changes in the future, we'll let people know then.

This is a good choice. It'll be nice to finally stop the wars of 'Only noobs play console' and that stuff.
Now my question is: How long will updates from now on take? Lots of people just got soooo tired of waiting for that big 1.3 update :dryadtongue:

Its amazing that alot of things are gona change but for the mobile version im not glad because there are over 1m ways to get terraria android for free its not fair y know i payed for the pc version and the mobile version but when i discoverd that there are many ways to get terraria for free i was like ITS NOT FAIR

Its amazing that alot of things are gona change but for the mobile version im not glad because there are over 1m ways to get terraria android for free its not fair y know i payed for the pc version and the mobile version but when i discoverd that there are many ways to get terraria for free i was like ITS NOT FAIR
Yeah, but getting terraria for free(provided it's not a steam gift sent from a friend who paid for it) rips off our awesome devs.

Hmmm... Mixed feelings on that. Of course the only thing that comes to mind missing is the slime pet. The slime staff one is not really what I call cute... I like the fact it looked quite like the enemies that hop around... And that it was a non-combatant; just a passive companion. Oh well... Hopefully maybe it will be looked at in the future. Going to miss quite a few of the exclusive pets, and ones that I couldn't have gotten from the other platform; I don't own mobile...

I am one to not really care much of ocram, but was nice while it lasted. The rest... assuming the costumes that were exclusive get to traveling merchant I will be fine by that. Other than those two things, the costumes and pets, I welcome the unity.:dryadindifferent:

Nah i'm still around. Alot of late nights at work finally caught up with me, todays my day off so i slept in. Alot of interesting changes coming, but from the wording looks like we should be ready for another delay. Sounds like they don't plan on submitting it until at least the end of september. I wonder why i dont feel any suprise.
It was worrying considering we're close to the end of q3 so I know news is news but seeing as I sense a small delay into q4 it's kinda rediculous that we've been pushed back by 2 quarters. Hopefully though this should not be the case and we can get the update before the end of q3

It was worrying considering we're close to the end of q3 so I know news is news but seeing as I sense a small delay into q4 it's kinda rediculous that we've been pushed back by 2 quarters. Hopefully though this should not be the case and we can get the update before the end of q3
Your saying you hope it will come out in the next couple of weeks, and i HIGHLY doubt that.

I'm very happy that these steps are finally being taken, and that the armor sets won't be completely deleted from the game; however I am disappointed with the decision to remove exclusive pets and weaponry. Could these not be just added as rare drops in areas of the same tier (like the ancient armor sets)? Weapons like the Sharagna fit decently in my opinion and could use a revival.

Thank goodness... So much stuff in the Console version just felt... out of place. The pets were janky, the enemies were unnecessary palette swaps (for a time), and the gear was poorly sprited and underwhelming. And with Moon Lord eventually coming to Console, there's no more need for a half-baked final boss like Ocram. I'm glad Console players can finally get the pure Terraria experience.

I wouldn't be concerned, history has shown that the console and mobile editions are secondary in the eyes of the devs. Pc needs will most likely continue to be first in their eyes.

From the first post it looks like the goal here is really to get the content on the same path and remove inconsistencies. Hopefully we don't see bottlenecking in releases due to third party restrictions.

We're glad you chose to purchase the game and not pirate it. It's quite impossible to remove these illicit sources; we shut one down, 10 more pop up. We don't provide support for pirated versions and aggressively remove links to them from the forum. These versions may contain malware/adware and we advise that no one use them.

The old exclusives were added when - frankly - everyone had thought core development had stopped and 505/Engine wanted to add more to endgame.

Then "something about a new update" happened and the rest is history. Along that road, these additions simply made less and less sense as the actual core game filled in all around and beyond these.

They won't be on PC because they don't fit the vision for the core game and never did. So, if we are to embark on this One Terraria journey, this bandaid had to be ripped off sooner or later.

As for Ocram's visuals, I'll just post what I did back on TO when he was first released for old times sake:

View attachment 183197

I get that it sucks to lose stuff you once had, but these didn't really add much to the game and most stood out like a sore thumb vs the core design.
Can you call this Ted Murphy`s law? If something doesn`t fit, it never will?

You know my feelings on this by now. The lack of information we have recieved up to this point has sorta set us up to expect to be let down again by another delay. The wording on this thread pretty well put a nail in that coffin. They might get it out early q4, but when they finally do announce the delay in an official capacity, set your expectations on a christmas release, that way if they do get it out earlier, you can be pleasantly suprised.

It's becoming an annoying pattern these delays on dlc.
Terraria 1.3
Subnautica
Ark Survival Evolved
Elite Dangerous

I wish the game developers would just keep quiet about things to come instead of throwing their players into a hype and then postponing the goodies countless times.
I understand that quality is most importand and I applaud that but it's the constant "sadly not in time but soon" that's becoming frustrating.
It's not Pipeworks fault alone it's the standard attitude in the game industry of today.

I realy REALY hope Pipeworks will manage to release 1.3 in Q3 and prove me partially wrong.

You know my feelings on this by now. The lack of information we have recieved up to this point has sorta set us up to expect to be let down again by another delay. The wording on this thread pretty well put a nail in that coffin. They might get it out early q4, but when they finally do announce the delay in an official capacity, set your expectations on a christmas release, that way if they do get it out earlier, you can be pleasantly suprised.
Yh i guess I'll have to lower my expectations even more. I never thought the delay would be this bad but it is and that's pretty sad in my opinion but at least we know. Maybe it'll stop me complaining too much before the update comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom