• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

Gletch

Official Terrarian
Whenevr i try to laucnh terarria with my tweaks my PC turns off anyone knows why?
Edit: Fixed the issue but my game crashes whenever i ty to spawn an item or NPC

Last edited:

Blitztein

Terrarian
Whenevr i try to laucnh terarria with my tweaks my PC turns off anyone knows why?
Edit: Fixed the issue but my game crashes whenever i ty to spawn an item or NPC
Make sure that you're doing the command correctly, since it automatically crashes on "dirty inputs". I don't understand what happened to your pc though, but I'm glad to hear that it's ok now.

Slaughter Lord

Terrarian
Regarding the tweak, "Show Chest Names on Chests", the additional hotkey feature to be able to toggle between enabled and disabled; is that only for the when "Show all chest names" is checked? Or is it by chance also meant to toggle even while only 1 or both of the 2 options above is checked ("Show names near player" & "Show names near mouse") ?

Gletch

Official Terrarian
Make sure that you're doing the command correctly, since it automatically crashes on "dirty inputs". I don't understand what happened to your pc though, but I'm glad to hear that it's ok now.
not sure how the command is done properly
can you tell me how to type them? as well the NPC spawner and event one
because i write /item Dirt Block 1 and it crashes maybe im doing something wrong

Blitztein

Terrarian
not sure how the command is done properly
can you tell me how to type them? as well the NPC spawner and event one
because i write /item Dirt Block 1 and it crashes maybe im doing something wrong
Ah I see. For reference, you are supposed to type the command like this (/item <item id> <amount(optional>)) If you don't know where are the instructions located for the command-oriented tweaks, they can be found right next to the tweak when you click on the "view" button, it's highlighted in blue, you can't miss it. What you were doing was to put the item name instead of the item id, which are 2 different things (Example: "Life Crystal" is the item name, but the corresponding item id is "29"). You can look online for a list of item id's for reference.

By typing in something that the tweak is not made to understand (Item id's that doesn't exist, or anything else that doesn't look like an item id), you are doing what the tweak calls as a "dirty input", and thus as the warning says, crashes the game (I hope @TiberiumFusion makes something like a catch statement to mitigate this once he starts making tweaks again).

(Fellow Tweaker Here)

Gletch

Official Terrarian
Ah I see. For reference, you are supposed to type the command like this (/item <item id> <amount(optional>)) If you don't know where are the instructions located for the command-oriented tweaks, they can be found right next to the tweak when you click on the "view" button, it's highlighted in blue, you can't miss it. What you were doing was to put the item name instead of the item id, which are 2 different things (Example: "Life Crystal" is the item name, but the corresponding item id is "29"). You can look online for a list of item id's for reference.

By typing in something that the tweak is not made to understand (Item id's that doesn't exist, or anything else that doesn't look like an item id), you are doing what the tweak calls as a "dirty input", and thus as the warning says, crashes the game (I hope @TiberiumFusion makes something like a catch statement to mitigate this once he starts making tweaks again).

(Fellow Tweaker Here)
i see then, thanks for telling me this now i can abuse my power and probably corrupt my world : D

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Pull requests have to be validated by repo owner or (specifically chosen) collaborators so it shouldn't be a problem, I'm sure that 1 or 2, maybe 3 people could easily verify each plugin made.
Yes - aka a chore for someone to have do. Or maybe a bot could be created to automatically approve all pulls. I really don't like either solution, though. If I do create a plugin sharing service, it will probably be something like pastebin.

Regarding the tweak, "Show Chest Names on Chests", the additional hotkey feature to be able to toggle between enabled and disabled; is that only for the when "Show all chest names" is checked? Or is it by chance also meant to toggle even while only 1 or both of the 2 options above is checked ("Show names near player" & "Show names near mouse") ?
The toggle only toggles the "show all" option. There is no way to toggle the "near player" and "near mouse" options ingame.
The idea is that you can toggle show all when you're trying to find a chest and really need to see all the names at once, but don't normally want all that clutter on your screen.

The Item Spawner and NPC Spawner tweaks are traditional IL patches and unfortunately do not have any input validation due to time constraints. At some point, though, I would like to add some safeguards.
You can easily create your own item or npc spawner plugin and choose whatever kind of command syntax you want. You could add an item name -> item id lookup, for example.

Tiberium, could it be possible to also patch TerrariaServer while patching Terraria ? It's nearly the same assemblies
The layout of both Terraria and TerrariaServer is pretty similar, yes, but Terraria Tweaker 2 is a client patcher by design and has no guarantees of performance if you trick it into patching TerrariaServer. If you really wanted to patch TerrariaServer.exe using TT2's client patches, you could rename TerrariaServer.exe to Terraria.exe, then run TT2.

Gaelyte

Terrarian
Yes - aka a chore for someone to have do. Or maybe a bot could be created to automatically approve all pulls. I really don't like either solution, though. If I do create a plugin sharing service, it will probably be something like pastebin.
The problem I see for now and the "pastebin" solution is that you spend hours, maybe days for complex ones to make a plugin and you don't know if someone will notice it, this doesn't encourage anyone to make plugins

The layout of both Terraria and TerrariaServer is pretty similar, yes, but Terraria Tweaker 2 is a client patcher by design and has no guarantees of performance if you trick it into patching TerrariaServer. If you really wanted to patch TerrariaServer.exe using TT2's client patches, you could rename TerrariaServer.exe to Terraria.exe, then run TT2.
I know it's a client patcher, I was just asking if it was possible to make it so it could also tweak the server (with an update)
(I'm making a plugin that allows the nurse to kill you but it's buggy in multiplayer because the server doesn't handle the special death)

Slaughter Lord

Terrarian
Before posting an issue/bug, you advise to do a reinstall if the issue hasn't already been documented. I'm assuming the tweak lists won't be removed, as they're stored in AppData but just wanted to confirm? Also, if for whatever reason the tweak list files were deleted from AppData, would a backup only need to be dropped back into the folder and would then be read properly by TT2? Or do they have to be built with the program? Thanks

EDIT:
@ TiberiumFusion
Usually no. If you are experiencing a TT2 issue (such a program crash), then yes, a fresh reinstall may help pinpoint or fix the issue. But if it's an issue inside Terraria (i.e. a bug in a tweak), then reinstalling TT2 won't change anything.

%APPDATA%/Terraria Tweaker 2/ is your TT2 "profile" and is not deleted by the uninstaller. You copy, move, rename, etc that folder around, and you can "swap" between profiles by renaming a the chosen profile folder to "Terraria Tweaker 2". For example, if you rename the profile folder to "Terraria Tweaker 2.backup" and launch TT2, a new profile will be generated (new "Terraria Tweaker 2" folder). You will then have two profiles, with the "Terraria Tweaker 2.backup" folder being entirely "dormant" and untouched by TT2.
Thanks for the reply, and yeah i figured it was highly unlikely a reinstall would affect situation (possible bug) i'm experiencing. It is regarding the tweak "Show Chest Names on Chests". Problem is that i cannot get the hotkey setting to work.

I've disabled the 2 upper settings ("Show names near player" & "Show names near mouse"), though not sure that even matters, and also made sure the bottom setting "Show all chest names" was checked. And ofc, the Hotkey Toggle set to "Enable".
I've tried changing the activating hotkey (always without a modifier) and also tried having none of the above settings checked (only the hotkey toggle set to enable). In game, pressing the hotkey never removes the names from all the chests.

Last edited:

Gaelyte

Terrarian
Before posting an issue/bug, you advise to do a reinstall if the issue hasn't already been documented. I'm assuming the tweak lists won't be removed, as they're stored in AppData but just wanted to confirm? Also, if for whatever reason the tweak list files were deleted from AppData, would a backup only need to be dropped back into the folder and would then be read properly by TT2? Or do they have to be built with the program? Thanks
Plugins are built in the program, so you don't have to worry about the roaming folder

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Before posting an issue/bug, you advise to do a reinstall if the issue hasn't already been documented.
Usually no. If you are experiencing a TT2 issue (such a program crash), then yes, a fresh reinstall may help pinpoint or fix the issue. But if it's an issue inside Terraria (i.e. a bug in a tweak), then reinstalling TT2 won't change anything.

Also, if for whatever reason the tweak list files were deleted from AppData, would a backup only need to be dropped back into the folder and would then be read properly by TT2? Or do they have to be built with the program? Thanks
%APPDATA%/Terraria Tweaker 2/ is your TT2 "profile" and is not deleted by the uninstaller. You copy, move, rename, etc that folder around, and you can "swap" between profiles by renaming a the chosen profile folder to "Terraria Tweaker 2". For example, if you rename the profile folder to "Terraria Tweaker 2.backup" and launch TT2, a new profile will be generated (new "Terraria Tweaker 2" folder). You will then have two profiles, with the "Terraria Tweaker 2.backup" folder being entirely "dormant" and untouched by TT2.

Plugins are built in the program, so you don't have to worry about the roaming folder
It's not clear what you mean by this, but your plugins are stored at %APPDATA%/Terraria Tweaker 2/Plugins/ (i.e. inside your Terraria Tweaker 2 profile folder). Deleting or removing your profile folder will thus remove all your plugins from TT2's Plugin Manager.

Gaelyte

Terrarian
It's not clear what you mean by this, but your plugins are stored at %APPDATA%/Terraria Tweaker 2/Plugins/ (i.e. inside your Terraria Tweaker 2 profile folder). Deleting or removing your profile folder will thus remove all your plugins from TT2's Plugin Manager.
I meant Tweaks

Blitztein

Terrarian
@TiberiumFusion

So I have this idea for getting new people to understand the plugin and the Terraria assembly better, and tbh the effort that's gonna be involved probably is too much for your workflow (judging by the plugin wiki with it's tutorials), and maybe even too niche to put that much effort into, so this is more of "Sharing an Idea" rather than a suggestion.

The idea is to have the ability to show users the code behind the Harmony tweaks (if possible, even the traditional/hybrid ones), so that they could further understand Terraria's internals, along with guiding them into making plugins (I'm kind if assuming that this is not too hard because the Harmony tweaks already contain the code that modifies Terraria).

Last edited:

Slaughter Lord

Terrarian
Flashlight plugin:
Left Alt (hold) - flare on cursor
Left Alt + Num pad 0 - toggle torch on player

LoadoutSwap plugin:
Left Alt + W - exchange social slots with armor slots
Thank You! This was the main reason i was planning to learn how to make plugins. Am so pumped you did this. If you think it'd be useful to you, might i suggest making another plugin to enable/disable (via a hotkey) the game setting option that controls whether or not the game pauses when the inventory is opened. I imagine most people just stick to having the setting switched so that the game doesn't pause, but maybe you're not one of those ppl, and also get annoyed from the limitations that having the game paused brings.

deltaone

Terrarian
@TiberiumFusion

there are suggestions for development:

remove "terraria only", make it a universal solution for the .NET platform
simplify the user interface
add a category field to plugins
remake all tweaks as plugins (as additional examples)

Attachments

pigman065

Skeletron
I love how I can use this to balance vanilla a bit more, though I have one gripe.
There's no way to edit armor stats other than Defence, so armors are hard to balance without making them too tanky, etc.
Is this possible to add/is there a plugin for this? I'd love that as a feature.
there are suggestions for development:

remove "terraria only", make it a universal solution for the .NET platform
simplify the user interface
add a category field to plugins
remake all tweaks as plugins (as additional examples)
That would be insanely hard to make, and doing that will make it probably not work with Terraria.

Top Bottom