PC PC is getting controller support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, I'll fire up my Third Party Rock Candy X Box 360 Controller! I prefer mouse and keyboard, but this will provide a unique experience :D

Good afternoon Terrarians!

With the launch of 1.3.1 just around the corner we are pleased to announce a new feature coming to Terraria on PC; Controller support!!!

Controller support will include Ps4/Xbox One presets as well as custom support!

Everyone spam your thanks to @Yoraiz0r for this painful addition to the game and @Lazure for providing the assets!
(Also thanks to all our testers behind the scene!)

qgWAhLN.png
oh wow I can now use my Xbox one controller for terraria pc THIS IS GOING TO HELP IN EXPERT MODE

@Cenx @Lazure @Yoraiz0r --- Thanks for all your hard work and updates to what we can expect with new controller support. I have been using a xbox one controller since early 1.2 days on Terraria for the PC with third party paid utility. I mapped my buttons to match the console version in the utility and it makes game play pretty fluid switching back and forth between the two versions. Thumb stick sensitivity is the only issue that I have had a problem with as with the mouse(mouse sensitivity was much better), but it pretty much mimics the console version. I am super happy that this is implemented natively in the game now. Thanks for the continued support of an already awesome game.

Side note: Hope to see a "creative type mode" as one of the final updates.

Hey gaiz and galz, give us some more spoilers. Or even better - set date of 1.3.1.
There be no date, only generalization of February.
There be no other spoilers I know of, besides controller support.
If they had more spoilers, they give them at later time.
:naughty:

I... don't actually have a controller. (Well a Wiimote is certainly something that'll never work) Pretty cool for people who like playing with a controller, though!

No, that's not what it means. It's controller support for the PC version.

It does NOT mean that any of the console-exclusive content will be coming to the PC version. To the best of my knowledge, that is never going to happen.
I mean that it will be like playing on console on PC.
Not Console to PC.

0/10 no steering wheel support

Nice to see this finally be a thing.. I guess.
I've tried this myself and using a controller was pretty frustrating.. but hopefully you guys do it differently.

Two questions:

Will there be Steam Controller support? Because the thing is a little weird and I hope I don't have to go through trouble getting the game to recognize it as a controller at all.

and... well... DDR pad support? It's like... A must have for all games nowdays, that and the steering wheel.

Two questions:

Will there be Steam Controller support? Because the thing is a little weird and I hope I don't have to go through trouble getting the game to recognize it as a controller at all.

and... well... DDR pad support? It's like... A must have for all games nowdays, that and the steering wheel.

Steam Controller already works fine.... Just not officially supported. Not really sure what official support does, other than show you the right buttons in-game. As a proud owner of one, I can tell you that games usually have no problem recognising it, because it works as a mouse/kb as well as an xbox-like controlller

I know this is far fetched and someone maybe already asked but, Gamecube Controller?
This should be obvious. If you have some kind of adapter for GC-controllers it probably emulates another controller type (most likely the Xbox 360) that's common for PC. So if your GC-adapter work on most PC-games it will most likely work on Terraria as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom