Casual Pet Peeves

I can't stand the MOBA community, everyone thinks there is only 1 strategy and if you don't follow that strategy you are a noob who they need to scream at for the rest of the match.

And people constantly scream at you for being a noob even in non-ranked games, I can understand getting mad at someone because they aren't very good and are causing you to lose and go down in rating, but when you are playing non-ranked matches you should expect to see people that are still learning the game and will suck. And so what if you lose? It's not a ranked match! The only thing winning does is make you feel good, and get a little more XP/money but not that much more.
Whats worse, if they completely disregard everything, then just, do a really stupid build for trolling the other team.
It never works out. Especially if the other team has their :red: together.
More MOBAs need 1v1's. :p

- Hypocrites
- Those people who just assume they're your friend and are rediculously annoying all the time.
- People who just join the conversation you're having with your best friend because you're talking about something they're also aware of.
- People who take a joke you said and repeat it over and over to everyone they meet and act like they invented it.
This is an old comment, but I just... Just speechless. I relate to all of these, my mind just exploded so hard especially with the last one. It's bothered me for SO LONG and I HATE people who do this. It drives me INSANE. No one else agrees with me, though... But... Just... Agreement.

When I go to the store to buy a physical copy and there's no disk "for my convenience". What kind of bull :red: is that? Seriously, I bought a game and it actually said inside that it was for my convenience that I wasn't able to install from a disk. Oh the inconvenience of having to store one disk if I ever want to use that to reinstall from the disk again. Or the inconvenience of having to discard of said disk if that's not going to happen. The horror...

If I'm going to go in person to buy a game it's because I want a disk. If I'm going to get a download code anyway then I'll just buy the game on steam. At least then there's a chance I'll get a discount.

When I go to the store to buy a physical copy and there's no disk "for my convenience". What kind of bull :red: is that? Seriously, I bought a game and it actually said inside that it was for my convenience that I wasn't able to install from a disk. Oh the inconvenience of having to store one disk if I ever want to use that to reinstall from the disk again. Or the inconvenience of having to discard of said disk if that's not going to happen. The horror...

If I'm going to go in person to buy a game it's because I want a disk. If I'm going to get a download code anyway then I'll just buy the game on steam. At least then there's a chance I'll get a discount.
Wait, so if there's no disk and it's just a download code, then how is it a physical copy? Did you literally buy a box from the store that looked like it had a game inside, only to open it at home and find that it just had a piece of paper telling you how to download the game online?

I also share that pet peeve. I was recently contemplating buying a new game, but it is a Steam exclusive and even if you go to the store and buy a physical copy and even if that box contains an actual disk, it still isn't a true physical copy because you can't install directly from the disk, you have to connect to Steam and download/verify the installation. Digital downloads are great and all, but either offer a real physical copy or stop trying to trick people by putting boxes in stores.

I also share that pet peeve. I was recently contemplating buying a new game, but it is a Steam exclusive and even if you go to the store and buy a physical copy and even if that box contains an actual disk, it still isn't a true physical copy because you can't install directly from the disk, you have to connect to Steam and download/verify the installation. Digital downloads are great and all, but either offer a real physical copy or stop trying to trick people by putting boxes in stores.

It's the very reason I refuse to ever buy physical PC games from stores now. Because they'll either not have the disc. Or the disc will require you to activate a code on Steam or another DRM-Client. There's no point to having the physical version if I can't use it again on new computers. I may as well just get a digital version from Steam or GOG. Which I do for all my games nowadays on PC. Sometimes the occasional 3DS games which I will still get the physical version of.

Another small Peeve I have is when fast food places, don't completely fill a large fry container. I'm paying for large fries since I like having a lot of fries, and skimping on them feels like a ripoff.

Wait, so if there's no disk and it's just a download code, then how is it a physical copy? Did you literally buy a box from the store that looked like it had a game inside, only to open it at home and find that it just had a piece of paper telling you how to download the game online?
The only thing was a piece of paper with my code and how to redeem it. Want to know how mad that made me? That was over 2 years ago and I'm still mad about it. Hell I don't even remember which game it was and I'm still mad about it.
Or the disc will require you to activate a code on Steam or another DRM-Client. There's no point to having the physical version if I can't use it again on new computers.
Er...actually I used my Skyrim install disk on my new computer. Using the disk again just requires that you are signed in to your steam account and online. "Just". It still requires you to be online and that's annoying. Still it's faster than some internet signals.

I miss the days where a game was playable right out of the box.

The only thing was a piece of paper with my code and how to redeem it. Want to know how mad that made me? That was over 2 years ago and I'm still mad about it. Hell I don't even remember which game it was and I'm still mad about it.

Er...actually I used my Skyrim install disk on my new computer. Using the disk again just requires that you are signed in to your steam account and online. "Just". It still requires you to be online and that's annoying. Still it's faster than some internet signals.

I miss the days where a game was playable right out of the box.
Wow, that is... beyond stupid. Like, my god, why would they even do that? That's an entire factory line of boxes with the sole purpose of fooling people who think there's a game inside.

This thread is dead for a while. Being somebody who loves to whine, I need to rez this.

Previously I did complain about the idiotic spacing in exam papers. And now there's another thing that annoyed me.
The reading is on a paper, and the questions/answer options are on the other side. It's really :red:ing annoying to flip the paper 3 times to read the questions, find information in the paragraph, flip back and choose the answer. Repeat for the next 10 times since there are usually 10 questions.

Why don't they put both of them on the same side? Add some other random excercises in the middle so they won't need 2 pages. Usually it is: First half of the first side is some random excercises, other half is a paragraph. Second side: first half is the options/questions for the paragraph, next half is another excercise. Seriously, why the :red: don't you put the 1st and the 3rd ex. on one side, and the next page is the reading only? I don't want to flip a paper 20 times in the middle of a test, and I don't want to do it in every :red:ing English test.

The scratching of knives or forks against a plate.
People who constantly do that to get every single atom of food off of their plate for about 20 minutes.
[doublepost=1486404333,1486404138][/doublepost]
There are a lot of annoying things in life; traffic jams, long lines, obnoxious people, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. This thread is the place to post about all those various people, places, and things that just piss you off.

To start things off: People who don't think movies should be judged by their trailers.
Trailers exist for the very purpose of giving people a chance to judge if they want to see the movie or not, to decide if they think the movie is good or not. If you don't make a decision based on the trailer, then the only option is to see the movie and then decide if it is worth the ticket price and by then it is to late because you have already fattened hollywood's wallet. If everyone pays for :red:ty movies, because apparently that is the only acceptable way to form an opinion, then the consumer has given up their voice and hollywood will ignore all the reviews and cries of shenanigans because the dollars in their pocket all ready say everything they need to know.
Trailers are meant to be judged and paying for a movie just to decide if you like it or not is bull:red:.

Note: While discussion is fine, long-winded, in-depth debates are outside the topic of this thread and probably belong in their own thread somewhere. Let's please try to keep this thread friendly, as it is meant to be a place to express frustration and not create more. If someone mentions a thing you like, then just let it go and assume you dislike something that they like. And remember that all the forum rules still apply, so no calling out other members, bigoted speech, or being a general :red: to others in the thread.
People who eat with their mouths open.

Grammar mistakes and spelling mitsakes.

People who think that an animal should be treated like a 2 year old. E.g. dressing up your cat... who the **** does that???????

Back
Top Bottom