Sprites Phasespinner -- An Upgrade to the Phasesaber!

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters

Neoshadow Ω

Steampunker
So!
It personally feels like there should be more use to the Phaseblade as a weapon. The weapon itself
is an interesting one, but we didn't need it later in the game.

I propose a new upgrade, with a new crafting recipe.

The
PHASESPINNER!

Item Sprites:

17324-1509162199.png

Description
Phasespinner would be an end-game, post-moonlord melee weapon with unique attacks and traits.

The Phasespinner would be a very fast sword, capable of the third-fastest Autoswing in the game, with a use time of 4 (Insanely Fast), beating the Fetid Baghnaks and Bladed Glove as the fastest weapons in the game. Its knockback would be 3 (Very Weak). While Autoswinging, the weapon is unique in that it doesn't disappear or reset its position in the player's hand when swung. Instead, it is held up at the angle nearest to the cursor (like when a drill or chainsaw is held) and the sword spins in the player's hand (much like the Sky Dragon's Fury; hence the name, Phasespinner.) Without any modifers, the blades reach about 4 tiles in any direction around the pivoting point (the player's hand).
While using this attack, the user can reflect certain lasers back at the shooter (the Moon Lord's lasers, Retinazer's lasers, and the Destroyer's lasers are not reflected; however, the Destroyer's Probes' lasers and lasers of normal enemies -- such as Gastropods or Ice Elementals -- are reflected). The reflection of the projectile is similar in accuracy to that of the Gatligator, which is a 45 degree angle. As such the reflective ability should not remain as the player's main offense.
The Phasespinner would also have an alternate attack, activated by Right-Clicking. This alternate attack would consist of it being thrown like a boomerang, and following the cursor like the Flying Knife until the button is released.
It has a rarity of red and a sell price of 20 Gold.

Stats
[Red/White/Purple/Yellow/Blue/Green] Phasespinner
80 Damage
4% Critical Strike Chance
Insanely Fast Speed
Very Weak Knockback
'This thing could cut something off if you're not careful...'

Crafting
The Phasespinners would be crafted with:
Phasesaber.gif
(Phasesaber) x2 (Same color, obviously)
Luminite_Bar.png
(Luminite Bar) x15
Crystal_Shard.png
x15

The Phasespinners would be crafted at:
Ancient_Manipulator.png

Ancient Manipulator

References
This item is a reference to the Lightsabers of the Star Wars franchise.
The need for Crystal Shards for crafting reflects the need for a Kyber Crystal to create a Lightsaber in Star Wars.
This item specifically is a reference to the first Inquisitor's Lightsaber from the television series, Star Wars: Rebels. The ability to spin around a circular handle comes from his Lightsaber design.
The ability of the Phasespinner to hover in place with the cursor is reminiscent of the commonly used ability to use the Force to move a Jedi's Lightsaber in the Star Wars franchise.
(Basically, this entire weapon is inspired by Star Wars :p)

Support Banner
17324-1509162475.png
17324-1509162475.png

Code:
Code:
[url="https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/phasespinner-an-upgrade-to-the-phasesaber.63151/#post-1482586"][IMG]https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/pictures/17324-1509162475.png[/IMG][/URL]

Thank you
very much for your time!

Last edited:
Is there any reason in particular as to why you don't like it being Post-Moonlord?
We already have 3 superior items to this post moon lord, those being the Meowmere, Terrarian and the Star Wrath.
The Star Wrath is an over ground DPS monster.
The Meowmere is a CQC god.
The Terrarian rounds this out by having both good range and room clearing abilities.
This...
This has a depressing 60 damage, which is reduced significantly by defense in Hardmode. And swinging really, really fast is the Fetid Baghnakh's thing.
You'd either have to buff it significantly or make this need Ectoplasm instead of Luminite and nerf it accordingly.

This has a depressing 60 damage, which is reduced significantly by defense in Hardmode. And swinging really, really fast is the Fetid Baghnakh's thing.
Um...
Its 60 dmg is to round out its DPS due to its high speed. Have you seen the DPS Fetid Baghnakhs can do?
I'm not trying to be rude by saying this, it's just that this thing would have a slightly lower DPS to balance it with the other Post-ML stuff.
Also, what do you mean by "Fetid Baghnakh's thing"? From what I recall, I'm pretty sure each weapon doesn't need to have its own "thing". If anything, the Bladed Glove is intruding on Baghnakh's thing, because it is essentially just a weaker version of them. The Spinners are basically a longer-ranged Baghnakh, but that doesn't automatically mean it should be changed. I mean, that's basically like saying that the Death Sickle is copying the Ice Sickle's "thing".

I appreciate that you're giving criticism, but I'm trying to explain myself here, and I don't know if I'm getting my point across.

Last edited:
Um...
Its 60 dmg is to round out its DPS due to its high speed. Have you seen the DPS Fetid Baghnakhs can do?
I'm not trying to be rude by saying this, it's just that this thing would have a slightly lower DPS to balance it with the other Post-ML stuff.
Also, what do you mean by "Fetid Baghnakh's thing"? From what I recall, I'm pretty sure each weapon doesn't need to have its own "thing". If anything, the Bladed Glove is intruding on Baghnakh's thing, because it is essentially just a weaker version of them. The Spinners are basically a longer-ranged Baghnakh, but that doesn't automatically mean it should be changed. I mean, that's basically like saying that the Death Sickle is copying the Death Sickle's "thing".

I appreciate that you're giving criticism, but I'm trying to explain myself here, and I don't know if I'm getting my point across.
Wait whoops, didn't read through the whole thing. I thought this was a regular sword, haha.
The suggestion actually looks pretty good now that I read the whole thing. Don't know how it will compete with projectile swords, however...

Wait whoops, didn't read through the whole thing. I thought this was a regular sword, haha.
The suggestion actually looks pretty good now that I read the whole thing.
Oh xD
Sorry about all that.
Thanks.
I updated the OP so now it has the sprites as a regular image instead of a GIF. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Don't know how it will compete with projectile swords, however...
It does have special perks, like the ability to be used as a boomerang and "swing really fast" stuff... also the projectile reflection. All that helps set it apart, I guess?

Last edited:
Oh xD
Sorry about all that.
Thanks.
I updated the OP so now it has the sprites as a regular image instead of a GIF. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

It does have special perks, like the ability to be used as a boomerang and "swing really fast" stuff... also the projectile reflection. All that helps set it apart, I guess?
The boomerang part is cool but the projectile reflection is a bit too much for a craftable item.

The boomerang part is cool but the projectile reflection is a bit too much for a craftable item.
Again, the reflection A) is not very reliable for hitting enemies, and B) Only works for destructible projectiles and laser projectiles.
However, I'm starting to feel like changing the reflection to only work for lasers, and even then only for certain types of lasers.

I find it just a little bit odd that it only takes 1 Phasesaber since it has 2 blades. But maybe thats just me.

And what about the twins' laser shower? Also, its dps are pretty meh for an endgame weapon. It's 600 vs 1500

oh, it deals 60 not 80 damage. So it is a fetid baghnakhs downgrade. For moon lord. rebalance it for 6 use time and 130 damage at least

oh, it deals 60 not 80 damage. So it is a fetid baghnakhs downgrade. For moon lord. rebalance it for 6 use time and 130 damage at least
The idea is that it spins SO FAST that it has super high DPS. Also it can deflect lasers AND it can be thrown.

Back
Top Bottom