Weapons & Equip pillar weapons are too little

Yousef the H

Terrarian
this idea sounds stupid i know, why should we add yet another weapon to the pillars when one of them is good for the other pillars and the other is good for the moonlord (nebula arcanum and nebula blaze for example)
but a third weapon being a balance of both could be fun, or one that has single target/multi target damage but it works differently than the other 2 weapons (THIS WILL BE REALLY REALLY LONG)
and also i saw the stardust whip being added so i thought why would the stardust pillar be alone with 3 weapons, there have to be some other weapons with it!
here are the weapons i thought of :

melee :
for melee, it's between 4 weapon types
a spear, a yoyo, a lance, and a sword... they're all the stuff not included in the pillar weapons
there're already 2 whole swords dropped from moonlord, however i still think it could work

NO SOLAR LANCE I BEG OF YOU

spear :
aside from the generic ore spears, there are only 4 "unique" hardmode spears (including gungnir because shimmer doesn't count hallowed bars as an ore) so adding a new spear would be cool, but if you count daybreak as a spear and not a throw-able melee weapon then i guess making a melee spear wouldn't work well
the closest it'd be to unique for a the spear to be somewhat long (lance length+ at least) and its ability would be to just explode enemies on hit dealing around 2x the base damage and of course it inflicts its own debuff but that debuff does as much damage as the solar eruption.

yoyo :
a general hel-fire like weapon with some good length, yet another burning debuff, and a good hit-rate because it would either need that or a projectile like the terrarian or yet another explosion for the solar line... i feel like this might be too strong.
i see this as the best option as the others options are either too normal or too weird/hard to implement.

sword :
you BETTER name it "fiery great sword" as it would swing slowly but launch a somewhat big and really strong projectile that inflicts DoT which does 100 per tick, that sounds strong but for how the sword will be somewhat slow with high damage the DoT should be rewarding for being able to hit your target (make this a zenith recipe item because why not?).

ranger :
for ranger
the weapons are between these
a shotgun, an ammo-less ranger weapon, (edit : i realised there's another weapon which could be made! a dart-type weapon which is > than an ammo-less ranger weapon also scrapped the idea of a rocket launcher)
seeing as we have the SDMG and the celebration dropping from moonlord i think the best option would be a dart-type weapon

shotgun :
it would have 20-33% less damage with chlorophyte bullets/nanity bullets. why? because i've learnt from my experience of playing modded terraria that shotguns late game with those bullets would absolutely break the game because of how strong they become
it shoots 6 bullets with somewhat accurate firing
its special ability would be that every 7 shots it consumes 6 bullets instead of 1 but does 1.5 damage on that shot.

dart shooting weapon :
THIS is the most likely to be added as it's just like the other as it has its own ammo and has variants throughout the whole game! unlike something like a rocket launcher
every few shots this weapon will shoot a poisonious dart which inflicts the "vortex *something that's a synonym to diminishing*" which deals double the damage of the original dart used, or the effect could be that the player can right click with the weapon, gaining a buff called "*you name it*" which lasts for 10 seconds and grants 10% crit damage, with a cooldown of 60 seconds.

ammo-less weapon :
this weapon would be certainly very unique in its way because ammo-less ranger weapons (the 3 of them or something LOL) are very creative
i think the best bet for this weapon be to have it shoot out a new projectile, this weapon is made for crowd control
this weapon shoots a "vortex" (haha get it?) which sucks in enemies towards it in an area that's around as big as a nebula arcanum and it would deal continues damage sort of like a DoT attack. this weapon is mainly made for ranger to increase the class' crowd control against the pillars as it's pretty mediocre.

mage :
as for mage
it seems like homing is somewhat tied to the pillar weapons so if any of these are added, they will have the ability to home in
our options are between a tome, a staff, and a magic gun

i will be honest, you all are much more creative than i am, and mage is a really creative class with most of its weapons being something different so i will just give what i think, but as for what's added maybe others can point out or you all can find something much more creative or fun

tome :
as for the tome, with a mostly purple-ish color it spawns 5 sharp looking projectlies which have the ability to pierce enemies and deal somewhat low damage with fast speed because this weapon will be THE LAG FEST BOIZ WOOOOOO, jokes aside i think this'll be the most fun weapon to use in a multiplayer game especially because of all the projectiles and colors

staff :
this one's hard, perhaps you could switch its role around with the tome, but!
this weapon spawns a wall like the clinger staff, unlike the other pillar weapons this will be mainly used as a support option to help you squeeze a little bit of damage
the pillar will be somewhat tall and enemies hit by it will recieve the "nebula flare" debuff... a new debuff which does 20 damage per tick

magic gun :
even a year later i still have no idea how a magic gun could be implemented

summoner :
just do smth with summoner, you're adding a stardust whip, whether you'll make it a pillar weapon or a moonlord drop this is just too hard to come up with

Last edited:
1695734901922.png

Stardust fishing rod
Why is nobody asking for fishing rods from the other 3 pillars.

What if there was a Vortex weapon that shoots any type of ammo, whatever is in your top ammo slot?
that sounds like another gun, i think chlorophyte bullet is like, the best ammo in the game pre moon rn
View attachment 429199
Stardust fishing rod
Why is nobody asking for fishing rods from the other 3 pillars.
s-st-stardust fishing rod?
i mean, i guess some kind of rod with more than 100% fishing power (if we use master bait) would be cool
There's 9 whips, I'd hardly call that plenty.
yeah, they are spaced somewhat well, but we need more pre hardmode and post plant ones iwl
probably with nerfs to existing whips

But to what end? Golden Fishing Rod is explicitly designed to be the best.
Maybe there should be a way to change its palette to match the other pillars
I don't really care, it's just that the Golden Fishing Rod having an identical design to Stardust equipment is something I thought was interesting.

Maybe there should be a way to change its palette to match the other pillars
I don't really care, it's just that the Golden Fishing Rod having an identical design to Stardust equipment is something I thought was interesting.
Huh... I suppose it does. Never really thought about it before. But hey, if we're going to spitball fishing rods based on the Pillars, perhaps there could be a function there. Maybe a Luminite fishing rod that always reels in the Quest Fish if you don't have it yet? Would make doing fishing quests in the postgame a breeze.

this thread is pretty old eh?
i will say it needs a bit of a revamp so time to do that!
doubt a lot of this would work but a lot of them are probably gonna be scrapped...

Huh... I suppose it does. Never really thought about it before. But hey, if we're going to spitball fishing rods based on the Pillars, perhaps there could be a function there. Maybe a Luminite fishing rod that always reels in the Quest Fish if you don't have it yet? Would make doing fishing quests in the postgame a breeze.
luminite rod sounds like the perfect excuse to make it fire two lures at once

Back
Top Bottom