Blocks & Decoration Pink slime blocks aren't bouncy enough

MegaMage314 🌳

Living Tree
Like the title says, pink slime blocks suck at bouncing right now. They bounce you up a few feet and nothing else, and that's pretty bad when bouncing is the only thing they're good for. I think their bouncing ability should be buffed to make them more useful and fun to use.

The first thing that needs to be dealt with is how high the blocks can bounce a player. Currently when falling at max speed, you'll bounce up a full 4 blocks, and then you bounce 2 more times before stopping. This is pretty underwhelming, and even holding a portal gun doesn't do much to improve it (you bounce up 30 blocks and bounce 4 more times before stopping with a portal gun). I think this should be improved, bouncing on a pink slime block should conserve most or all of a player's vertical momentum instead of half of it like it does now. If landing on a pink slime block allowed players to bounce up at 90-100% the height of their last bounce, pink slime blocks could have a lot more uses then they do now.

Next, every side of pink slime blocks should be bouncy instead of just the top. Running into the side of a pink slime block should cause you to fly backwards at the same speed, and hitting your head on one should send you plummeting downward. I think this one is pretty self explanatory, so not much needs to be said about it.

Finally, pink slime slopes should correctly redirect a player's momentum. This would probably be the hardest part to implement, but it could also potentially be the best part. The idea is that falling on a sloped block from above would cause you to fly sideways instead of up, running at an upside down slope from the side should send the player down, and so on. This, along with bouncier pink slime blocks that work on all sides could allow for all kinds of creative uses, especially when combined with a portal gun.

This stuff isn't completely necessary, but it might still be cool to have:
  • In order to give the player more control over their bounce, pressing space at the right time could let you jump higher, and holding down could prevent you from bouncing
  • Jumping on a pink slime block could change the player's momentum like the portal gun
  • Pink slime blocks could have a sound effect and animation when bounced on. (Suggested by Snickerbobble)

Last edited:
Yes! I was so excited when I heard Pink Gel made it in and this was one of the reasons, but I was disappointed at how underwhelming these blocks turned out to be. Every change listed here I support! Even the extras in the spoiler!

I found them great to use in arenas before you had access to other fall damage negating stuff but I also found their bounce to be underwhelming. I think they would have much more fun use in adventure maps if they gave more bounce.

Wouldn't mind a bounce sound effect either, and maybe a slight block animation.

This should happen. Pink Slime Blocks are not bouncy enough. It would be very good for adventure maps to make jump pads (like in Quake 3?)
Or just for fun.
And volleyball!

Back
Top Bottom