NPCs & Enemies Pirate invasions are too hard for early Hardmode

[Late] There's just too many ways to deal with or totally neutralize early-Hardmode invasions to justify nerfing them, especially Pirates.

Side Note: In 1.4+, the ways of dealing with them has nearly doubled.

In my latest world they showed up immediately after I defeated the wall. It was a terrible slog of a battle and I only won by cheesing. However, I don’t know about postponing them to post mech, that seems a bit late. Maybe they can start spawning after a piece of adamantium/titanium has been mined in the world?

In my latest world they showed up immediately after I defeated the wall. It was a terrible slog of a battle and I only won by cheesing. However, I don’t know about postponing them to post mech, that seems a bit late. Maybe they can start spawning after a piece of adamantium/titanium has been mined in the world?
Terraria wouldn't be able to know when you mine an ore.

Terraria wouldn't be able to know when you mine an ore.
It can tell when you have silver to spawn a merchant, and when you have dye materials for a dye trader. It should be possible to get it to recognize when you get an ore in your inventory.

That's a different story, they do something else to detect coins, so they can make the coin part of the piggy bank.

surprisingly, about half of my npcs died because the pirate figured out how to climb to the mid-air houses and get inside them

Back
Top Bottom