Blocks & Decoration Placeable lanterns, bottles and buckets

Kapitan

Terrarian
So recently when playing Terraria, I had to build an hellavator, but got an idea to disguise it as a well. While doing so, I wanted to place a rope until some point and place a bucket at the end, until I realized that you cannot do that. So my suggestion is to be able to place buckets, hang bottles and lanterns deco on ropes and be able to place them on the ground. It's a small change, but would give players more opportunity for various builds, like an ocean shore with a buckets on the ground or a nice walk way with hanging lanterns on ropes instead of blocks or platforms.

It's really nice for builders, since lanterns can be placed on platforms now too they should also be placed on rope.

I support this.

Yeah, actually. That would be very neat. I would like to extend that to all "hangable" furniture; signs, chandeliers, banners, etc. But how would it interact with things that are an even number of tiles wide?

I like the idea of lanterns and certain items on the end of ropes.

I'm hoping for some additional functionality, Currently, when you add rope to the top or mid-pint of the rope, it continues extending down from the bottom of the rope.

Imagine if the lantern REMAINED at the bottom of that rope. When you add new lengths of rope above, the lantern moves down. This way your hellivator excavation is illuminated the whole time. If you decide you are done and like where the lantern is, you add the rope below it. The lantern remains in place and doesn't interrupt the "link." You can now still add rope tot he top and it will feed the rope under the lantern w/o moving it.

Hanging a bucket at the end of the rope is interesting, be cause if we use the bubble block/water mechanics that are being fixed in this patch, the bucket can act as a platform with water on it. That means you can drop down your hellevator without fear of fall damage because you landed in the water, and then also acts as a platform your can move and attack through. Props if this also moves down like the lantern above. Then we have a gameplay choice? Buckets or lanterns? If you hang a lantern from a bucket, do they both move? Do you just tinker them into a glowing bucket?

Coding that much functionality for Items specifically designed for pre-hardmode hellevator building is probably ridiculous, though, so if these are just decorations, that's fine, too.

Back
Top Bottom