Plantera; a he or she?

The word flower is a feminine noun in Spanish, the boss is pink (a color associated with femininity), and the last letter "a" indicates femininity in my language as well.

Sure, the flower is hermaphrodite or whatever, but we have so many big manly baddies in the game that it's nice to call one of them a she.

Wait-Plantera shoots Plantera's Spores.
Plantera drops spore sac
Most people refer to it as she
She-girl Fun guy-boy Fungi-it
Plantera is an it confirmed

If Plantera has stamens but no pistil, it's unisexual and male. If it has carpels (or a pistil) but no stamens, it's unisexual and female. If it has both, it's bisexual or hermaphroditic.

Next time you defeat one, try dissecting it so we'll all know.

Until then, I reckon Barbie-package pink means it's female. What a stereotypical criterion! Still…

You're the only one bringing forth these "stereotypical criteria.", plants use colourful foliage all the time to initiate pollination. Maybe Plantera hides away and hornets pollinate, and Plantera bulbs are babies not bloomed yet. Which causes Plantera to enrage and attack you for attacking her babies, hidden away in the jungle where she thought they would be safe. Which could be why Plantera is always close to bulbs when you break them to, because she is looking after her babies.

Also, good rationale. If a plant can be as active as an animal, might as well protect its young too.

Also, good rationale. If a plant can be as active as an animal, might as well protect its young too.
But plantera=carnivorous plant=\=animal
I have never seen a venus flytrap take care of its whatever it does to spawn demons of hell

But plantera=carnivorous plant=\=animal
I have never seen a venus flytrap take care of its whatever it does to spawn demons of hell
Bet you've never seen a giant plant attack people wielding swords that shoot other swords, either. :dryadsmile:

Used to live where they grow, in fact.

Not Plantera, carnivorous plants. The kind I'd see have hermaphroditic flowers, which have both male and female parts.

Wait-Plantera shoots Plantera's Spores.
Plantera drops spore sac
Most people refer to it as she
She-girl Fun guy-boy Fungi-it
Plantera is an it confirmed
But Plantera also shoots seeds. No organism in the real word has both spores and seeds, but seeds are exclusively a plant thing, while both plants and fungus can have spores. So I'm going to go with plant. It's also possible Plantera is actually a composite of plant and something else, as lichen is. If that's true, Plantera could be he, she and it.

She, probably. It ends in "a", which usually means girl (though not all the time). Also the main part of flowers that we see are the female parts, though smaller male parts do exist. So IRL flowers are both male AND female.
Its probably he, because he have sort of stamens on 2nd phase, but Cenx more likely mean girl gender, because name "Plantera" is a play on the title of the former American groove metal band from the 1990's named Pantera, which is Cenx's favorite band.

Attachments

• Plantera_%28Phase_2%29.png
    Plantera_%28Phase_2%29.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 1200px-Amaryllis_stamens_aka.jpg
    1200px-Amaryllis_stamens_aka.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 68
I've heard people say the developers refer to Plantera as a she, although I'm not finding any confirmation of that.

Back
Top Bottom