Mobile Plantera guidance

spacealien

Terrarian
I am having some trouble defeating plantera.

I have an arena in the underground jungle with campfires, heart lanterns, and wood platforms.

I have tried a heartreach potion, 2 iron skin potions, 2 regeneration potions, full chlorophyte armor, mega shark with ichor bullets, wings, terra blade, moon stone (the one that doesn't turn one into a werewolf), lightning boots, warrior/ranger emblem (switched when corresponding weapon is used), warding cobalt shield, regeneration band/philosophers stone (I can't remember the name), myriad greater healing potions, and I believe that is actually all.

Essentially I just drill the bulb and manage to get around plantera enough to get it down 1/4 of its health. Next thing I know a spiked something flies out of nowhere and takes out the remainder of my health which is at this point all the red hearts minus the life fruit hearts that I already lost.

I mean that is A LOT of health gone in one shot in my opinion. I am considering turtle armor as an upgrade but I do not believe there is a better armor upgrade beyond that at this point.

Can anyone please offer me some wisdom with this boss battle? Is there a proven method, armor/weapon set, and arena structuring?

Last edited:
UPDATE: Plantera has been defeated!

Equipment used : Full turtle armor, hurtful chlorophyte shot bow (1000 ichor arrows), one archery potion, one iron skin potion, one regeneration potion, masterful optic staff, angry charm of myths, angry lightning boots, violent avenger emblem (ran out of coins and could not afford a better reforge), Guarding harpy wings, Warding cobalt shield, plenty greater healing potions (I did not use any of them), and I had the demonic terra blade equipped but it did not get used.

Essentially through some research on the wiki I learned of the teleportation trick. I set up large arena in the underground jungle with wood platforms, heart lanterns, and campfires insofar that there was nowhere in the arena without those two buffs. I also created various pools of honey. Two on the upper left and right of the area, two at the very bottom both left and right and then one in front of each teleporter. The teleporters were located just below half the height of the arena directly across from one another.

Below is the teleporter and honey pool on the far right of the arena.

IMG_1254.PNG IMG_1255.PNG

These next two pictures below are the far left teleporter and honey pool

IMG_1249.PNG IMG_1258.PNG

I actually did not use the majority of the arena. I merely used the teleportation technique and then stood in the honey pool while firing the shot bow.

I have defeated Plantera a total of three times now. Be wary when drilling a bulb somewhat far from your arena/teleportation tunnel as Plantera is extremely easy to out run. I accidentally out ran it once. My advice is to just fly a bit, then wait until you see part of it, then fly some more etc.

Also I still have not needed to created more arrows, 1000 ichor arrows was plenty for three kills and I still have 285 left.

UPDATE: Plantera has been defeated!

Equipment used : Full turtle armor, hurtful chlorophyte shot bow (1000 ichor arrows), one archery potion, one iron skin potion, one regeneration potion, masterful optic staff, angry charm of myths, angry lightning boots, violent avenger emblem (ran out of coins and could not afford a better reforge), Guarding harpy wings, Warding cobalt shield, plenty greater healing potions (I did not use any of them), and I had the demonic terra blade equipped but it did not get used.

Essentially through some research on the wiki I learned of the teleportation trick. I set up large arena in the underground jungle with wood platforms, heart lanterns, and campfires insofar that there was nowhere in the arena without those two buffs. I also created various pools of honey. Two on the upper left and right of the area, two at the very bottom both left and right and then one in front of each teleporter. The teleporters were located just below half the height of the arena directly across from one another.

Below is the teleporter and honey pool on the far right of the arena.

View attachment 152670 View attachment 152671

These next two pictures below are the far left teleporter and honey pool

View attachment 152675 View attachment 152677

I actually did not use the majority of the arena. I merely used the teleportation technique and then stood in the honey pool while firing the shot bow.

I have defeated Plantera a total of three times now. Be wary when drilling a bulb somewhat far from your arena/teleportation tunnel as Plantera is extremely easy to out run. I accidentally out ran it once. My advice is to just fly a bit, then wait until you see part of it, then fly some more etc.

Also I still have not needed to created more arrows, 1000 ichor arrows was plenty for three kills and I still have 285 left.
Nice job @spacealien, I like how you're really getting prepared before each fight. Thanks for the update on how you did it.

Honestly that's a bit too overkill for plantera(Yes, OVERKILL.) ,I defeated her with frost armor,420 health, no potions(not even healing ones, get rekt ,I only used an eggnog and a Gingerbeard cookie.) A beam sword with godly prefix on it, fire glove, obsidian shield, cross necklace, frost wings and band of regeneration ,nothing else, not even arena was made.

Basicly what I did, was to hit her, and instantly hide behind some solid blocks, that way she would be burned by the fire and frostburn,while solid blocks blocks all her attacks(first phase).
On the second phase (which I call easy mode),it's ALL about skills, you can no linger hide behind blocks because she can hit you through walls with the tiny claws, so I just go to a large area and put all my effort on focusing my attacks on plantera and not hit the tiny claws because that can kill her faster, now beware that You are ALWAYS away from plantera, because her main body does a tons of damage, ~75 when you have frost armor on.
And there you have it, plantera OWNED.

Note: Dodge the spiky balls AT ALL COST in her first phase, those are the ones that will most likely your death in this battle.
No close contacts should happen in this battle, not in first phase, nor second phase.
Large clear area for first phase is A SUPER HUGE mistakes that most people makes during the first fight, you basicly gave those spiky balls a chance to own your face, so give that idea up until second phase.

I did it with Dragon Armor + True Night's Edge & Greater Healing Potions, and teleporters and I was fine.

Dragon Armor 4 life

Back
Top Bottom