PC Play Through ideas?

Myth

Terrarian
I'm looking to start a play through, and record it, and I'd like to do a series that's not as common, but I don't want to do one that's challenging to the point it's just a massive grind fest.

What are some god play through ideas that involve a certain class and is a lot of fun, but isn't as played as much, ie melee, magic, ranged, summoner, fisher).

Throwables

Whenever I get bored of the normal class playthroughs, I try to pick a class and devide that more, and then use the limit of that.
As example: Ranged has subclasses of guns, bows and rockets(can also count explosives).

Or, maybe even picking only a set amount of guns, like using only pistols. (I don't see anyone doing that, and I see enough pistols lying around through the whole process).

That's what I usually do when I want a new and fresh playthrough, because of this, I made myself a throwable playthrough before throwing weapons were a class. :p

A good one I like to do is:

-Boomerang and Spear Only Challenge
-Yoyo Only Challenge
-Fisherman Only Challenge
-Music Box Challenge (Get all the music boxes!):naughty:
-Hardmode from the start Challenge
I've contemplated doing the Hardmode from the start challenge before but never thought how to start it. Do I just use character and activate hardmode or flip the switch in tedit so i can still progress like normal without corruption/crimson and the hallow spreading?

Why not let Terraria pick your weapons? A dual weapon class. The 2 weapon types you can use are the first weapon dropped from an enemy, and the first weapon you get from a chest. If a enemy drops a yo-yo and you find a wand of sparking in a chest then you can only use yo-yos and magic weapons. Maybe the first one you get is the main one you use. 2nd one can only be used against bosses as a backup weapon.

They're not really build-based, but here are some very weird and random suggestions I came up with on the spot:

- Dwarf Mode: You may only attack using picks and explosives (and rockets in the late-game, I guess, also including explosive bullets and anything >80% explosive). Also, as soon as you can (i.e. once you have wood, sand and iron/lead), craft lots of ale and maintain the Tipsy (de)buff throughout the whole game.

- You must throw your pick away and mine everything with explosives only. (Mix and match with the one above.)

- Boss Rush: All boss battles must pit you against at least 2 bosses simultaneously. In hardmode, only hardmode bosses qualify. (So for example, you must fight the Lunatic Cultist with a mechanical boss (hardmode), not the Eye of Cthulhu (pre-hardmode).)

- (Early-game only challenge) You are not allowed to harvest any wood (any variant, including cactus and pumpkin, and including the wood of underground cabins) until you have eaten a Life Crystal.

- Buckethead: As soon as you acquire the materials, craft a bucket and you must wear it in the head slot (the ACTUAL armor slot, NOT vanity!) for the entire playthrough. (This also prevents you from getting any armor set bonus. ;) )

- All 3 of your armor pieces must be from different armor sets.

- NPCs on Holiday: You may only house NPCs in the ocean biome, and you MUST occupy BOTH oceans (optional: try to split them as evenly as you can). This makes accessing them very inconvenient which could change your playstyle, and possibly makes invasion defense interesting.

- Kingdom in the Sky: Set your spawn point in the house of a floating island (lend him wings to reach it, and give him a bed) and never remove it. (The loot is yours to take.) Gift the island with a rope leading down to the surface. You are not allowed to place any furniture (excepting platforms and campfires) below Space altitude.

- Every time a boss fight ends (whether in victory or failure), you must trash the last weapon you used against it. (You can re-acquire that weapon by grinding for it again if you want.) This includes summon weapons ("last" being the last time you waved the weapon, not the last time the minion/sentry hit the boss).

- Play on Expert Mode. You must keep all your money on your person at all times, i.e. you cannot deposit it anywhere. (Let's see how rich you get by the time you defeat the Moon Lord. >:) )

- (This is really evil) You are not allowed to remove your starting 3 copper tools, as well as any stone, dirt, mud or mudstone (and their respective walls) from your inventory via trashing, dropping, selling, placing or depositing. (Mark those items as "Favourite".) You can remove the stone via crafting, but the dirt and derivatives will slowly clutter up your inventory. Bonus: Make the last blow on every boss with the copper shortsword. (You'd probably want to use a flask for that.)

Have fun.

I recently had an idea for a "dye trader" playthrough where the goal is just to get all the dyes. If that seems too much (which is reasonable, there are a lot of dyes) you could tone the goal down to just get some of the dyes, like the pillar dyes or just the strange dyes. That might count as a grind fest though :p so why not try something with the new event?

Here's one if you're feeling a little masochistic:

Tools-only challenge.
The only weapons you're allowed to use are pickaxes, axes, hammers, and anything else that has the functions of at least one of those three things.
No ranged, no magic, no summons, no throwables, no melees that do not qualify for the above statement. Hope you enjoy getting up-close and personal.

Here's one if you're feeling a little masochistic:

Tools-only challenge.
The only weapons you're allowed to use are pickaxes, axes, hammers, and anything else that has the functions of at least one of those three things.
No ranged, no magic, no summons, no throwables, no melees that do not qualify for the above statement. Hope you enjoy getting up-close and personal.
How are you even going to get past the Eater of Worlds / Brain of Cthulhu, much less the WoF o_o

You could no attacking so you could only use minions, pets, traps, and the cloud weapons (like nimbus rod).

Or a no armor one which would probably be very hard.:hoppinjack:

Back
Top Bottom