Please fix or nerf the Medusa enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medusa is unique enemy in the game. An enemy which brings excitement to a once boring cave system. "Will there be a medusa in here? OH :red:. There was. " as opposed to "Oh great. It's a pigron. Well. Better go stab it i guess. " Even the hoplite is just as grey as the other biters that congeal in the caverns.

Medusa is unique enemy in the game. An enemy which brings excitement to a once boring cave system. "Will there be a medusa in here? OH :red:. There was. " as opposed to "Oh great. It's a pigron. Well. Better go stab it i guess. " Even the hoplite is just as grey as the other biters that congeal in the caverns.
I'm sorry, but the only excitement they bring is....
...none.
They completely ruined the excitement of caving for me, and as far as I can see from this thread and other threads, many others as well. I've actually found myself AVOIDING caves recently because of them. They made once-fun cave farming and exploring into a frustrating rage-fest, and for what? They don't even DROP anything useful.
Useless rage inducing enemy.

SO you think based purely on a scale of interesting that an enemy can ignore the foundations of game balance?

News flash this is not the greek myths we do not have to suffer through the same fate as all those warriors that turned to stone without a chance

Me:
okay i have been farming mimics for 4 hours trying to get a cross necklace.
Oh wow a mimic get ready to get rekt!
-runs towards it-
-turned to stone-
-gets annihilated by mimic and cave bats-
omg

A small range nerf would make me happy because she can freeze you when you can't even see her on the screen.

SO you think based purely on a scale of interesting that an enemy can ignore the foundations of game balance?

News flash this is not the greek myths we do not have to suffer through the same fate as all those warriors that turned to stone without a chance

Yes, based purely on a scale of interesting, I do.

I'm glad I'm not making a video game either. Everyone will want to change it.
God forbid people have disagreements on what makes a game fair and fun, right? :eek:

Regardless of points made on topic thus far, do you REALLY think Medusas are fair to, say, hardcore players?
People are now having to toss a coin whether or not they're gonna die. Do you seriously think that's what makes a game like Terraria fun?

Capture 2015-07-05 17_05_51.png

Speaking of Hallowed Mimics...

I like the medusas. I just gotta be careful and not jump around needlessly in the cavern. I died a bit the first times I met them and was like "Noooo that's not fair!" But now they aren't so bad. I haven't gone to expert-hardmode yet though so I dunno.

You must be lucky or something because I've only seen a few and only one of them stoned me off of something. Spent like 10 minutes digging around in a marble cave. The worst problem was hoplites but I just threw grenades at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom