PS3 Please Remove the Leaderboard Hackers

PvE and gear progression.. What about PvP and all the people who compete for who has the best builds? Don't tell me you haven't heard of those.
I disregard those because PvP in Terraria is a afterthought - It boils down to +dmg +crit stacking and who clicks first wins (cause thine endgame weapons all 1shot or almost 1 shot players).

The best load out is literally [highest tier armor for your class] + [apporiate damage increasing accs for your class + ninja gear(cause that one gives you a chance to actually survive the first hit)] + [Highest tier weapons for your class]. Nice competition indeed.

There's competition in this game you've played with other players right? Best time record on moons, bosses killed, time spent playing, players killed in PvP. Plenty of people would compete over that. Which is why a proper leaderboards is needed to record those things plain and simple

Youre barking up the wrong tree trying to over analyze what I said about PvP. We need a working leaderboards to glorify the dedicated players .

Sorry, but the competitive aspect of a game such as Terraria is so small that I don't feel like, once again, engaging in a "delusions vs reality" discussion.

However, if you focus on leaderboards without considering their reason to be there, then there's one simple truth you should research a bit (come on, just a bit?) on: Hackers will not give up just because of a reset, or security measures, or whatnot. They'll just do it again and again. It's just the trollish nature of hackers, and short of a pinpoint killing spree IRL, there's no way to permanently fix it.

However, since resets discourage something Terraria doesn't need (MLG Pro gamers who only care about having the biggest :red: in the game,) I'd say go ahead, reset those leaderboards, give the fanbase a due cleansing.

I literally have no idea who'd care about statistics like these, short of "Wow, i spend wayyy too much time on this game" (I would know, with ~2000 hours...), "Damnit, rng i want the boss thropy! Its been x kills already...". Ill give you moon times, but i aint seeing any real compretition for these, people showed last level can be reached in a minute or so, using ellaborate machines... and thats about it.

In fact, competing on statistics is, pardon, stupid. Since i use my machine for seeding torrents i could just leave the game running nonstop and soon be #1 unless others do the same. Literally, whats the point.

I can see why you have no idea because you haven't played console to know our player base is small compared to PC. Or if you have then you haven't played enough. Leaderboard resets won't discourage me i guarentee

Bottom line do a reset so it weeds them hackers out as much as possible. Us dedicated players deserve a shout :)

Oh and leaderboard modding is easy anyone can do it whenever but i better not explain how. some of my modder buddies explained it a while ago ;)

Last edited:
You see, i admire your dedication to the game, but how does a leaderboard reflect that?

I could be like not dedicateed at all, build a auto boss grinder, incoporate frozen slime blocks sand then let it just running while i do other stuff and get high on your dedication rankings.
Or i could be reallly dedicated, make art, stories, mods and whatnot for the game but none of it shows in the leaderboard. Wheres my shout out?

I dont need to know that the playerbase on consoles is small (the name 505games tells this by itself, harrharr), i want to know why theres a leaderboard in the first place. Besides, wouldnt more people mean more competition? You kind of shot yourself in the foot here.

Then finally, what @Kyouko Tsukino said remains true, a reset does not solve your problem at all. They reset it, the cheaters run their cheat once again and instantly have maxed stats... meanwhile you lost all your work and have to put tons of hours to even get near the top ranks again. All that potentially could help (until the mods updated, hahaha) there is improving the cheat protection.

Now what really would help would be a dedicated moderator staff for these leaderboards but thats work nobody wants to do for free and nobody wants to pay people for. Especially not 505games.

Last edited:
It won't weed hackers - not true ones. Yes, the teenagers doing it because "hacking" is the new "cool" word in town may give up - or they may want to go back to being "important" and learn proper hacking methods, becoming actual hackers.

So, you may end up with more dedicated hackers than now - since you value competition so much, you should really give this a thought: When something you're good gets harder to do, do you give up, or do you try harder? The actual hackers (who don't use "mods" but actually screw with the code themselves) love a challenge.

And no, I haven't played console "enough" but I can see the fanbase, while smaller, is also a lot louder. Often for the right reason (bugs, bugs and more bugs) but often, for something subjective.

"I won't be discouraged" shows exactly this. Subjectivity. Instead of "calling out" hackers while calling them "modders" too, try to educate yourself on what hacking is, how it works, and why resets will not help at all in getting rid of them. You would have better luck scaring sharks away by throwing raw meat at them.

Well as a small community most of the top rankers knew each other and we used to have friendly competitions. I think if a better security system is installed it will help a ton. Other games have legit leaderboards why can't this one?
Or what 505 could do is a showcase of builds posted for that current month. Make it a new button and when you click it shows everything done that month. Kinda what they already do on this site or in a magazine. That would encourage more playtime

Only for those who are already trying to keep playing a game that has a limited playtime.

Despite popular belief, most Terraria players don't need to be playing the game all the time to like it - nor do they need to show others what they do to feel there's a reason to do it.

It's all a matter of finding other ways to feed one's ego.

Or what 505 could do is a showcase of builds posted for that current month. Make it a new button and when you click it shows everything done that month. Kinda what they already do on this site or in a magazine. That would encourage more playtime
So basically the creation compendium, except integrated into the game somehow?

I start to get the feel that you dont read our posts at all... :rolleyes:
Let me try again. In simple, laymans therms. Perhaps you just dont understand.

A reset does not help... AT ALL.
Updating the secturity helps... until the mods themselfes update. Then its back to sqare one.
What helps, is a moderator team... which nobody wants to do nor pay for without a good reason.

Adding a creation compendium is a good idea, but irrelevant to this discussion, it does not affect the problem at hand in any way, be it prositive or negative.
Unless, of course, you agree with me and mean replacing the leaderboards with it.

As someone who bought this game twice for both ps3 and then ps4. 20 dollars of endless possibilities is well enough to satisfy me.

This game doesn't have "limited playtime" unless you embrace the creative aspect that Terraria offers.

Who is layman?
Oh wait now I understand. You're attacking my grammar, how cute. Well anyone can use good grammar but as you see I'm talking not writing a novel. As long as you UNDERSTAND me, that should be fine. Give me a :red:ing break

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the poster doesn't understand the flaws behind the topic, and attempts to explain it in simple words (which is what "layman's terms" means) are met with unneeded aggressiveness.

Nothing left to discuss except for a flawed logical fallacy bred from lack of understanding of hacking and security. Which has been explained to the OP more than once, in several forms.

Unfortunately, the poster doesn't understand the flaws behind the topic, and attempts to explain it in simple words (which is what "layman's terms" means) are met with unneeded aggressiveness.

Nothing left to discuss except for a flawed logical fallacy bred from lack of understanding of hacking and security. Which has been explained to the OP more than once, in several forms.
Then stop posting if you're getting nowhere. Be mature, be respectful, or go somewhere else.

Oh wait now I understand. You're attacking my grammar, how cute.
Uhmm, no. I havent made any personal attack against you, i just simplified my argument. "In laymans therms" means using easy and short sentences.

Either way, i think we're done here? Or did i missunderstand you with the creation compedium thing?

Ahem, there is nowhere to go with the argument. I don't care about the technical problems. This thread is something I wanted someone at 505, Engine, or wherever to see how broken the leaderboards have become.
If there's a way to fix it, please do so. If not, I made this thread to remind you we actually care.

Oh and your passive aggressive bull:red: is very childish, if you don't like my thread then get off . Either way this is a console discussion thread not a pc thread .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom