Poll: Predict when 1.3 will be released

When do you think 1.3 will be released?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

equazcion

Skeletron Prime
We all have our theories. Make yours known.

You won't win anything for guessing correctly, but the votes are public and non-changeable -- so if you get it right, you'll at least have the proof you need in order to brag that you "knew" :)

Then everyone will worship you. Sort of like this:

Cultist.gif

:):)

PS. Just for the record, this isn't meant to add to the collective "when will it come out" nagging or put pressure on the devs. Just having fun predicting. Personally, though I wait with bated breath, I think they should take as much time as they need.

Last edited:
This thread is a big WIN simply because of that strange .gif LOL...

I don't know, by Janury sounds about right.

I am not even surre how much content I have left to do. I have defeated Golem and got a Corruption chest....
Not all that sure what I am supposed to do after that...

This thread is a big WIN simply because of that strange .gif LOL...

I don't know, by Janury sounds about right.

I am not even surre how mucho content I have left to do. I have defeated Golem and got a Corruption chest....
Not all that sure what I am supposed to do after that...
Build a naughty present.

Considering the amount of content they showed in the spoilers and the need to balance everything and considering they're adding in new mechanics and whatnot, my guess goes towards a february/march release.

Cenx said it was going to be out within a month.
December 28th

I was on my way to perhaps let people know if there is anything better they can be doing right now than this...

But how could you know that? Did she say somewhere on the forums? =O

I was on my way to perhaps let people know if there is anything better they can be doing right now than this...

But how could you know that? Did she say somewhere on the forums? =O

I don't think she said that. I think he might be referring to this:
Cenx said:
The update will be done no sooner than 1 month from now and no longer than 1 year from now. Stop asking. :p

I kinda took this to mean "I don't want to commit to anything, so no comment" :)

Probably around March. I don't think much can be done about that. It's fine though. Lots of content for the wait I'm sure. ^^

I think it'll be by Christmas. I've been around longer than most, and I know when Red's gearing for release. He has a pattern to his spoilers he hasn't broken yet. At the very least, I gave it till new years day, but I think we'll see a Christmas release.

I think it'll be by Christmas. I've been around longer than most, and I know when Red's gearing for release. He has a pattern to his spoilers he hasn't broken yet. At the very least, I gave it till new years day, but I think we'll see a Christmas release.
But Cenx said next year... I doubt that the update is going to come in 6 days.

Holy smokes, some of you peeps are pushy and impatient as hell.

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed with the general attitude on these forums toward Re-Logic staff and the development of Terraria - enthusiasm and excitement is great, but this constant "GIVE US MORE MORE MORE WHY ARE YOU TAKING SO LONG" pestering is crazy. I look at the profile pages for Cenx, Red, Loki and others and see just constant streams of asinine, impatient comments about when X is coming out or why won't they add Y to the game. The forum is filled with threads like these, speculating and obsessing over release dates and content updates and new features, and while that's great in and of itself (yay enthusiasm), there's this real tangible undercurrent of a demanding, almost entitled attitude. Try and settle down and just let them do their jobs.

In this particular case, you've already heard directly from Cenx that 1.3 won't be any earlier than mid/late January - IIRC, she said something like 'no sooner than one month, please stop asking.' So speculating that it'll be out in less than one week is really silly. Obviously it's your own time to waste if you want to make posts like that, but try and understand that you can actually make Re-Logic's (and especially Loki's and the mods') job harder by spreading misinformation like that, even unintentionally. That just encourages more questions and more speculation and more time that Re-Logic staff has to spend addressing rumors and hearsay.

Please, for their sake as well as ours, just relax and try to remember that they have actual jobs to do. From what I've seen the Re-Logic staff is surprisingly open and communicative, and it's great that they take the time to communicate so frequently and informally with their fans, but you can risk taking too much advantage of that if you guys push them for more info, more dates, more everything so frequently. Try and understand that this kind of access to a developer is a privilege, not a right. Use it wisely or you may risk losing it, or stressing out and frustrating the people whose work you enjoy so much.

Disclaimer, if necessary: I'm just another Terraria fan, and I don't speak on behalf of anyone but myself. I just want everyone here to think a bit more about how their behavior in the community can impact the folks at Re-Logic.

Apologies for the diatribe, now back to your regularly scheduled colorful chaos. :)

But Cenx said next year... I doubt that the update is going to come in 6 days.
Unless she was cleverly throwing us off the scent in order to blow our minds on Christmas. She's a devious one, I tell you. Use caution, lest her siren song lure men's souls yet further from sensibility.
Holy smokes, some of you peeps are pushy and impatient as hell.
As I stated in my postscript, this thread is only intended for fans to have some fun guessing. I added that note specifically because of the recent nagging, so that hopefully this wouldn't get lumped in with it.

I'm not asking anyone if they have info about the release date, I'm not asking the developers to tell us the release date, and I'm not complaining that we have no release date yet. Just asking for guesses! Let's all chill and keep it light. I think Re-Logic has been doing a fantastic job, and they can take a month or 6 or a year and I would be fine with that.

As I stated in my postscript, this thread is only intended for fans to have some fun guessing. I added that note specifically because of the recent nagging, so that hopefully this wouldn't get lumped in with it.

I'm not asking anyone if they have info about the release date, I'm not asking the developers to tell us the release date, and I'm not complaining that we have no release date yet.

I understand your intent, but by adding to the number of threads speculating about the release date - an issue that the devs have already asked you to stop asking about - you may be inadvertently encouraging further questioning, speculation, demands and entitled attitudes without realizing it. You can't control what people post in a thread you've started, and you can't control how people read (or misread) those posts and what they do with that (likely incorrect) information elsewhere.

For example, by adding "before Christmas" as a poll option when the lead developer has explicitly told us that it's at least a month away, you're directly contradicting clear, known facts that were generously provided to fans by Re-Logic. People can see something like that and run away with it, misunderstanding that there's actually a chance that 1.3 really will be out in six days, rather than four weeks or longer as we've already been told. (While requesting that we stop bugging them about it.)

I know that you're personally fine with Re-Logic taking as long as they please, but creating a thread to "have fun guessing" seems likely (IMO) to fan the flames of impatience among the userbase, and not everyone is going to respond the same way you are. My post wasn't so much directed at you individually as at the general attitude that seems to permeate these forums.

Or it's just a thread people can take part in. This forum is kinda quiet right now and one more thing to take part in is good. The only reason this thread would be closed is because someone reported it, otherwise the mods would have taken it down by now. So there can't be anything wrong with it until someone gets angry.

My post wasn't so much directed at you individually as at the general attitude that seems to permeate these forums.
Understood. I agree that the demanding attitude some players have exhibited is disappointing. Although, I think it's easy to see a vocal few with negative attitudes as more prominent that it actually is. Most fans here have actually been reasonable, I think. And for those few people being silly, I think a poll like this could redirect some of that into something more lighthearted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom