[Poll] Question for Rangers: what bullets and guns do you prefer to use in the endgame?

Which bullets do you prefer in the endgame?

• Ichor Bullets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Crystal Bullets

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Chlorophyte Bullets

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Exploding Bullets

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Other (explain in your reply)

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix Blaster actually quite easily out-DPSs CAR.

For those that can maintain click-spam anyway.

I actually wasn't trying to imply that Phoenix Blaster wasn't as good, instead just listing out the weapons that works for the mechanicals.

Also, to refer to a question I missed.

Does anyone actually take the time to alternate Ichor Bullets with higher DPS bullets in their inventory to bring down defense before attacking with more damaging bullets?

This is unbelievably annoying to do. You are much better off keeping the Golden Shower with you. Even then, I don't bother, as it is so much easier on the mind to do one task than two. Not saying that it is hard, but it's generally more comforting to go the easiest way.

Chlorophyte. Just because it doesn't compromise the effectiveness of the Uzi, Megashark, Chaingun and if you really MLG the Gatligator with the spread of the bullets.

This is unbelievably annoying to do. You are much better off keeping the Golden Shower with you. Even then, I don't bother, as it is so much easier on the mind to do one task than two. Not saying that it is hard, but it's generally more comforting to go the easiest way.

Indeed. Golden Shower is generally the better way to inflict the ichor debuff appropriately. Ichor bullets are only really great for high single-burst damage numbers. Not only does it use up mana which you as a ranger wouldn't use for anything else, it also pierces quite a number of enemies and fires 3 times per cast, making it more than likely to hit a number of targets for an easy sweep with crystal bullets.

Yarp, dat TacShotty! Works on anything that moves, and twice as quickly on anything that doesn't. For bullets, crystal (or chloro on those targets you just dont want to miss, like DF) is a first choice. My friends hate on crystal bullets and say exploding is far better, but that was before 1.2.4.

Yarp, dat TacShotty! Works on anything that moves, and twice as quickly on anything that doesn't. For bullets, crystal (or chloro on those targets you just dont want to miss, like DF) is a first choice. My friends hate on crystal bullets and say exploding is far better, but that was before 1.2.4.

Exploding might actually have a pull on DPS, but they are very risky to use in boss battles.

After a lot of testing since starting this thread, I decided that crystal bullets are the way to go - the dps with those things is insane as I demonstrated in a few recent videos against multiple HM bosses.

Explosive bullet should harm dps on weapons shooting more than once every 10 frames (such as Megashark) as the bullets count as piercing and so activate invincibility frames, differently from non-piercing bullets. The same happens to meteor bullets. The only exception to the rule is the Candy Corn rifle, altho it pierces and turns on invincibility timers, the timers triggered by it are shorter than most other weapons allowing for it to still deal full dps unless the same Candy Corn hits the same target more than once (due to bouncing).

I use guns just for bosses, cause I don't really like them. I do the alternation between ichor and chlorophyte bullets and use them in my uzi.

Video time! Endgame gear, crystal bullets, and 5 HM bosses, including a very mad Plantera (skip to 2:47 in the vid):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom