Poll - What is the hardest/most frustrating Terraria boss for you?

Hardest/most frustrating Terraria boss

• Total voters

Mx. Redzly

Spazmatism
I made a poll about this many years ago, but I think its a good time to make a new one as Terraria has been updated a lot ever since. Remember to consider difficulty levels (normal, expert, master) when choosing your boss! Event bosses and Mechdusa arent here sadly.

For me, Skeletron is actually the most frustrating boss in expert/master mode. Im never able to dodge either his homing skulls or hands and I need to fight him a lot of times until I beat him, plus the fact that you need to wait a day or two to refight him if you are not on Journey Mode. And so I could also think of Skeletron Prime, but ironically he isnt as frustrating to me during the time I fight him on hard mode as normal Skeletron.

yeah honestly i expected EoL and duke to come out on top
i think majority of empress's votes come from her daylight version tho

Normally, Plantera. It’s hard to find a bulb, build an arena, and then fight her

ForTheWorthy? 100% Skeletron. He’s the current roadblock and I have zero idea on what to do

Def Plantera. FInding the bulb is really annoying, and having to build a new arena/rush to the arena during the fight is really annoying.

Normally, Plantera. It’s hard to find a bulb, build an arena, and then fight her

ForTheWorthy? 100% Skeletron. He’s the current roadblock and I have zero idea on what to do
Are you on Master ftw, classic ftw, or expert ftw?
What class are you, and what accessories?
What do you want to get from Skeletron or from the Dungeon?
What strategies have you tried so far?

in my expert playthrough, the wall of flesh was the hardest boss. it wasnt as bad in my master playthrough, but thats only because i reforged all of my accessories to armored or warding

None of them are hard for me, so I chose the most stressful one, being squid face. I commit blindness with the laser :(

Are you on Master ftw, classic ftw, or expert ftw?
What class are you, and what accessories?
What do you want to get from Skeletron or from the Dungeon?
What strategies have you tried so far?
Expert FTW/Master technically. Right below Legendary mode

Class is Melee, and I have Molten Armor. Accessories I’ve forgot so I’ll need to check in on them soon, but I know I have Dunerider Boots and Band of Regen

I mostly want to get Murasma for Night’s Edge for WoF along with the Phoenix Blaster. My strategy is to run out of the buried dungeon and then fight Skeletron on the sand and 2 layers of platforms but I quickly get stunlocked by his head spin and die. I haven’t played that world for a while but that’s where I ended. I have also not defeated QB on it either for context

Expert FTW/Master technically. Right below Legendary mode

Class is Melee, and I have Molten Armor. Accessories I’ve forgot so I’ll need to check in on them soon, but I know I have Dunerider Boots and Band of Regen

I mostly want to get Murasma for Night’s Edge for WoF along with the Phoenix Blaster. My strategy is to run out of the buried dungeon and then fight Skeletron on the sand and 2 layers of platforms but I quickly get stunlocked by his head spin and die. I haven’t played that world for a while but that’s where I ended. I have also not defeated QB on it either for context
I'd recommend getting at least lightning boots, by combining dunerider boots with rocket boots from goblin tinkerer at a tinkerers workshop(find underground after defeating goblin invasion), then combining with an aglet and anklet id the wind for lightning boots.
Shield of Cthulhu or a grapple to yeet yourself out of the way of spin attack.
General arena buffs (heart lanterns, campfires, a bast statue or 2, sunflowers), general buff potions, (regen, swiftness, ironskin, and if you're very desperate, endurance and inferno)

Moon lord for me. Nowadays I don't find him TOO hard especially since I can keep my distance. It's just refighting him that gets annoying. If I want a full set of endgame armour I have to fight him twice. Always, and I always have to re-do the pillar fights over and over again.

Hardest? Empress of Light

Most frustrating? Plantera.

Both are bullet hell but Empress of Light is at least fun and you can... y'know... see her projectiles? Meanwhile Plantera's seeds are barely visible and the thorn balls seem to just apparate. I think Empress is still harder for a few reasons but nonetheless "hardest" and "most frustrating" aren't the same.

None of the bosses are too difficult, but the hardest boss is probably Moon Lord. Wall of Flesh and Duke Fishron are close, but optimal mobility can save you a lot of trouble with them.

When taking both frustration and difficulty into consideration, Deerclops is the boss I dislike fighting the most, mainly because its invulnerability state limits your avenues of movement.

Back
Top Bottom