Poll - What is the hardest/most frustrating Terraria boss for you?

Hardest/most frustrating Terraria boss

• Total voters
Hardest? Empress of Light

Most frustrating? Plantera.

Both are bullet hell but Empress of Light is at least fun and you can... y'know... see her projectiles? Meanwhile Plantera's seeds are barely visible and the thorn balls seem to just apparate. I think Empress is still harder for a few reasons but nonetheless "hardest" and "most frustrating" aren't the same.
For plantera, just fly around her in a circle during her first phase and you're set. The seeds travel quite slowly so they're easy to dodge if you maintain a kind of rhythm. Second phase might merit the building of an OSOGOF tunnel (oh :red: oh god oh :red:) that stretches up to the surface from deep below, because flying around her becomes so much harder.

For plantera, just fly around her in a circle during her first phase and you're set. The seeds travel quite slowly so they're easy to dodge if you maintain a kind of rhythm. Second phase might merit the building of an OSOGOF tunnel (oh :red: oh god oh :red:) that stretches up to the surface from deep below, because flying around her becomes so much harder.
OSOGOF seems like the obvious way out with Plantera (if she enrages for a few seconds it's not the end of the world) but imo it constitutes as cheesing, and any form of cheese destroys the point of bosses for me.
As for circling I already do that but this woman is a magician, she's not even fast she just appears out of thin air above me. Well no, out of humid, very thick air, this is a jungle

Shout out to the destroyer. An overall easy boss if you are prepared. If you get caught slacking on your hardmode world and are too ill prepared to fight the destroyer then you’re going to be boned on higher difficulties. You could always leave and re-enter the world but why would you do something so lame?

Shout out to the destroyer. An overall easy boss if you are prepared. If you get caught slacking on your hardmode world and are too ill prepared to fight the destroyer then you’re going to be boned on higher difficulties. You could always leave and re-enter the world but why would you do something so lame?
been doing master mode melee and I adored the destroyer fight, you can get by reasonably well just tanking contact damage and lasers but if he hits you head on ONCE, you'll be brought down to 20 health and from then on you're just trying to survive.

deerclopse fort it for the first time on master mode i wasent intending on fighting it it just spawned i was not ready for it those damned shadow hands were the worst

For some reason the last phase of master duke fishron always screws me over. I can no hit day EOL and beat enraged plantera with ease, but when duke fishron goes invisible I just instantly die I don't even put up a fight. I just close my eyes and rest at peace knowing I won't beat his last phase lol.

Attachments

• download (33).jpeg
    download (33).jpeg
    4.2 KB · Views: 17
For some reason the last phase of master duke fishron always screws me over. I can no hit day EOL and beat enraged plantera with ease, but when duke fishron goes invisible I just instantly die I don't even put up a fight. I just close my eyes and rest at peace knowing I won't beat his last phase lol.
True.

idk why people think empress is hard. someone please explain.
I think the problem is that everyone always gets distracted by the flashy light effects rather than paying attention to the hitboxes.
Whereas Duke Fishron's attacks are barely telegraphed at all, with you having to pay absurdly close attention to the visual effects in order to see his attacks coming.

I think the problem is that everyone always gets distracted by the flashy light effects rather than paying attention to the hitboxes.
Whereas Duke Fishron's attacks are barely telegraphed at all, with you having to pay absurdly close attention to the visual effects in order to see his attacks coming.
Yeah that plus cosmic car key being op. also the fact that i play undertale, but that's a little redundant

Regarding the empress vs. duke conversation, the 2 fights tend to suit themselves well to different kinds of movement. Infinite flight works pretty well on empress, but duke's lightning fast movement makes him difficult to dodge with an infinite flight mount (which boasts lower diagonal top speed than wings and cannot dash). Wings offer less precise movement and are likely a bit worse on empress than the precision that infinite flight mounts give.

Duke fishron (prior to the last phase) is very much a mobility check, since with high ascent speed and/or dashes you can easily outpace his dashes. I don't think telegraphs are much of an issue for duke, since he's an incredibly predictable boss (he'll dash a few times, then use an attack, then repeat).

Regarding the last phase, duke actually does have a pattern: he'll dash once, then dash twice, then dash 3 times, then repeat (teleporting in between each set of dashes). You really don't even need to know this pattern that well, since just flying quickly upwards (or falling downwards), with the occasional dash if he gets close, does a decent enough job at dodging the final phase.

idk why people think empress is hard. someone please explain.
Empress isn't people are prob referring to daytimeEOL. Still if you memorize the moves it makes its a peace of cake for experience players
I don't know why, but I have always ate it at the twins.
Same Spaz is too annoying
Try using shield of cuthulu on him right when he dashes. If you time it right (fairly easy)you will take no dmg.

you don't even need experience, just infinite flight mount and some decent wings. you don't even need dodge accessories.
doge accessories dont work :p

I just use soaring insigna with betsy wings and all other focusing on summoner dmg(ex. Pygmy/ scarad)

EOL is just memory, once you get it down she's one of the easier fights even daytime. All of her attacks a warning to them which makes it easy to react to.

without a doubt, king slime is the hardest boss to ever grace the game, I've spent countless hours summoning him hoping to beat him to no avail, I'm scarred.

Back
Top Bottom