Weapons & Equip Post-Golem Spectre Armour

SaltyDog

Golem
As a melee player somewhat switching to mage I noticed that Spectre Armour is pretty weak against Moon Lord and/or Lunatic Cultist, and I also noticed their is no Post-Golem armour, (ex: Beetle Armour), and I just thought it would be nice if we had a mage class armour equal to Beetle Armour

While I do think this is a good idea, I believe you might be underestimating Spectre Armor a little. The mask when combo'd with a very fast weapon like Razorpine is really good, and using the hood with a strong weapon can let you last a decent amount longer.
Always up for new summoner armor though

I think Shroomite and Spectre Armor are fine how they are and don’t really need an upgrade. They both feel powerful enough for the endgame and have different sets for different play styles the same way Beetle Armor does.

However I could see Summoner having a Post-Golem armor. This could be done by adding a new Post-Golem ingredient to Spooky Armor’s recipe, slightly boosting the Armor’s stats, and giving it a new interesting set bonus. A new headpiece called the Spooky Cowl could also be added that specifically boosts minions and the Spooky Helmet could be made to specifically boost Whips. This would add a choice between play styles like with Beetle, Spectre, and Shroomite Armor.

Last edited:
Who said there is no post golem versions for each class? Old One's Army armor is very overlooked by most of the player base. They provide a ridiculous amount of raw stats in exchange for a less class-focused set bonus and, especially in the case of rangers, losing its special set bonus doesn't really practically affects it (since shroomite's set bonus is kind of useless in single player). Their 60% extra minion damage and boost to its respective sentry is also really nice (especially for events where any 5 boosted sentries shred pretty much every grounded enemy in the celestial pillars).
Ironically, the only case where it is somewhat worse than its counterpart is mage, or dark artist's armor. The stats are fine but it just doesn't compete against the unconditional extra damage provided by spectre mask and healing of spectre hood, not to mention that flame burst is also quite weak compared to the other OOA sentries.

I think that it is fine as it is but I can also see where you are coming from. I do think that when you play mage, you will get more DPS on the downside that you get less defense, have a limited amount of mana and must carry mana potions.

Back
Top Bottom