PC Pre - Hardmode -> Am I forgetting anything?

So, I decided to make the move. Last Friday, I finally bought Terraria on PC to have access to all the content available (Thanks @Unit One and @Aurora3500 :))!

At this stage, I have defeated Eye of Cthulhu, King Slime, Queen Bee, Eater of Worlds [Corruption variant], and Skeletron, and am preparing for the WoF - A typical pattern for me as a mobile player.

However, with all the new content, what should I be sure not to miss before transitioning to hardmode? Anything new I need to see or do before WoF?

Thanks!

Main things are, you have more choices to choose from with weapons/accessories. You can get the book of skulls from skeleton if you haven't yet as one thing, it's not an important weapon to have though.

You can also fight the Old One's Army if you've freed the Tavernkeep. It gives you access to some extra goodies for clearing it. And the Army grows stronger throughout hardmode which gives access to even more things. Some are pretty good for summoners.

Otherwise if you haven't found them yet, there are granite& marble biomes throughout the underground. Overall you're probably set to go into Hardmode as you normally do on Mobile. The Underground desert will give you access to new stuff that isn't in the mobile version yet. And the Goblin Army will have new hardmode weapons. The corruption/crimson still behave the same if you want to prepare for their spread. And as long as you have armor you normally get from EoC/EoW the Jungle/Dungeon/Underworld. You are ready :dryadsmile:

Main things are, you have more choices to choose from with weapons/accessories. You can get the book of skulls from skeleton if you haven't yet as one thing, it's not an important weapon to have though.

You can also fight the Old One's Army if you've freed the Tavernkeep. It gives you access to some extra goodies for clearing it. And the Army grows stronger throughout hardmode which gives access to even more things. Some are pretty good for summoners.

Otherwise if you haven't found them yet, there are granite& marble biomes throughout the underground. Overall you're probably set to go into Hardmode as you normally do on Mobile. The Underground desert will give you access to new stuff that isn't in the mobile version yet. And the Goblin Army will have new hardmode weapons. The corruption/crimson still behave the same if you want to prepare for their spread. And as long as you have armor you normally get from EoC/EoW the Jungle/Dungeon/Underworld. You are ready :dryadsmile:
Awesome! I have actually discovered both kinds of mini-biomes and LOVE the Hoplites (Actually have the full set already!).

What is the Old One's Army?

The Old One's Army is actually crossover content that Terraria has with the game Dungeon Defenders 2. After you've defeated the Eater of Worlds (or Brain of Cthulhu) you can find the Tavernkeep NPC anywhere in the world. He'll be sleeping similar to the Angler until you find and wake him. It's entirely optional to look for him and do the event. It does function differently from other events in the game, but just ensuring you know it exists.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new biomes. They can be pretty fun to find.

The Old One's Army is actually crossover content that Terraria has with the game Dungeon Defenders 2. After you've defeated the Eater of Worlds (or Brain of Cthulhu) you can find the Tavernkeep NPC anywhere in the world. He'll be sleeping similar to the Angler until you find and wake him. It's entirely optional to look for him and do the event. It does function differently from other events in the game, but just ensuring you know it exists.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new biomes. They can be pretty fun to find.
Ah, ok. Will definitely give it a try :)

I wouldn't worry too much about what you'll miss or what will happen to your map.
The first map I played on got massively destroyed. I was learning the game and had no idea of the catastrophes that would happen in hard mode.
But the beauty of it is: You can just generate a new map and take what you learned with you! :)

Back
Top Bottom