Weapons & Equip Pre-Hardmode Sickles

Aurora3500

🌳
Staff member
Sickles are a fun to use weapon in Hardmode. They serve as an interesting unique melee weapon and are rare to obtain. Unfortunately there are only 2 Sickles that can only be obtained in Hardmode. This suggestion adds a few Pre-Hardmode Sickles to expand more on the Sickle family similar to how Yoyos have gotten a vast family that are used throughout the game. To give the player even more weapons to choose from to suit their playstyle.

The main difference with Pre-Hardmode Sickles compared to their current hardmode counterparts is that they cannot fire projectiles (Higher Level Pre-Hardmode Sickles will have small additional effects however). The advantage they have over swords is having a longer reach and the hitbox expanding through the whole blade part of the Sickle, but not the handle. This reaches a wider area, the main disadvantage they have to swords is that they are slightly slower overall and do less damage compared to their sword counterparts. They swing just like the Ice Sickle and Death Sickle.

And now here are the Sickles themselves that would fit in with Pre-Hardmode game Progression.

As with my other suggestions, when I use Light Blue Text it applies only to Expert Mode.

Wooden Sickle
Damage: 5 Melee
Knockback: Weak
Critical Chance: 4%
Use time: Average

Crafting Recipe:
12 Wood

At Workbench

EbonNight Sickle
Damage: 14 Melee
Critical Chance: 6%
Use time: Fast

Crafting Recipe:
15 Demonite Bar

At Anvil

Flesh Sickle
Damage: 18 Melee
Use time: Fast

Crafting Recipe:
15 Crimtane Bar

At Anvil

Vine Cutter
Damage: 25
Critical Chance 6%
Effects:
Has a chance to inflict Poisoned Debuff to enemies

Obtained from:
Man Eater (4%, 8%)

Fire Harvester
Damage: 32 Melee
Knockback: Average
Effects:
Leaves a small trail of fire where the weapon was last swung for 2 seconds that does small damage to any enemy that touches it
Has a chance to inflict the On Fire Debuff! to enemies

Crafting Recipe:
25 Hellstone Bar

At Anvil

Let me know what you think of this small family of new weapons.

[Changelog will appear here if it is needed]

I like all of these except the wooden ones. They seem a bit unneeded. Also I really like the name "Vine cutter" and possibly instead of "Fire harvester" i suggest "Soul harvester" like the grim reaper and hell and stuff. Great idea my friend!

This is a cool idea! You can have my support! We need more scythes! And I think Fire Harvester is okay. But maybe Lava Harvester would be better.

Back
Top Bottom