Items Precipitation Monoliths

"Latter, but AFAIK no biome cannot contain rain"
I see. But wait a minute... snow biomes don't get rain, it snows there instead. At least I have never seen rain in a snow biome.
Terraria wiki seem to agree on that point as well. So that's why I was curious whether it triggered snow or actual rain in places like snow biomes.

Edit: I remember it raining on the outskirts of a snow biome once, but that was because my house was located right on top of the border between two biomes.

Last edited:
"Latter, but AFAIK no biome cannot contain rain"
I see. But wait a minute... snow biomes don't get rain, it snows there instead. At least I have never seen rain in a snow biome.
Terraria wiki seem to agree on that point as well. So that's why I was curious whether it triggered snow or actual rain in places like snow biomes.

Edit: I remember it raining on the outskirts of a snow biome once, but that was because my house was located right on top of the border between two biomes.
I treat snow as merely a reskin for rain.

I have a suggestion.

When you go outside while it's raining, and go into the crafting menu with a bottle in your inventory, you can craft rain water. More specifically, Drizzle water (light rain), Rain Water (moderate rain), and Storm Rain (heavy rain). It would take five bottles of each to make the different monoliths.

I have a suggestion.

When you go outside while it's raining, and go into the crafting menu with a bottle in your inventory, you can craft rain water. More specifically, Drizzle water (light rain), Rain Water (moderate rain), and Storm Rain (heavy rain). It would take five bottles of each to make the different monoliths.
That feels very unnecessary; Terraria's item limit is already a big concern as it is, and materials only used for one purpose are generally frowned upon.

Last edited:
That feels very unnecessary; Terraria's item limit is already a big concern as it is, and materials only used for one purpose are generally frowned upon.
Maybe the water could be used for other things. Maybe it could be made into an accessory, which could be Rainstorm in a Bottle, and it would function similarly to Cloud in a Bottle/Sandstorm in a Bottle/Blizzard in a Bottle/etc. It could be used to make a summon weapon, which would give you flying fish (obviously early-game).

Well, yeah, I'm trying to revise it to be better right now. It's just that, since it's rain-themed, there should be multiple new materials that are also rain-themed. There is a new update on the way, and I was just thinking of new ideas.

When it rains, it pours.

dxnySGI.png

Sprites by @EXRibbon
Those look like divining rods. :dryadwink: A man of culture.

Back
Top Bottom