tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

So, there are some small problems with the duelling swords...
whoops.png

The fact that they go clean out of your hand, for instance.

The timing is a little tricky as well. That's partly my fault for sure, but making it a little more forgiving wouldn't hurt. Especially since it's possible to get hit several times before you can swing again even on a successful counter (maybe just have a second or two of invincibility and anything that tries to hit you gets thrown back, whether it's timed well enough for the added effect or not?). Also, the tooltips for each are the same. They all have varied abilities, but that isn't mentioned. It gets a bit confusing, and having to refer to the manual is a bit of a pain. I mean, overall the variety of content and degree to which this mod spices up the game is great, there's just a few things I think could stand to be smoothed out.

So, there are some small problems with the duelling swords...
whoops.png

The fact that they go clean out of your hand, for instance.

The timing is a little tricky as well. That's partly my fault for sure, but making it a little more forgiving wouldn't hurt. Especially since it's possible to get hit several times before you can swing again even on a successful counter (maybe just have a second or two of invincibility and anything that tries to hit you gets thrown back, whether it's timed well enough for the added effect or not?). Also, the tooltips for each are the same. They all have varied abilities, but that isn't mentioned. It gets a bit confusing, and having to refer to the manual is a bit of a pain. I mean, overall the variety of content and degree to which this mod spices up the game is great, there's just a few things I think could stand to be smoothed out.

Glad to have some feedback. The issue with them being disjointed is mostly due to the fact that they all use the same displacement code, even though not all are the same size. You shouldn't find it as much of an issue with the higher-tier ones, but I'll go in and tune the code to make sure none of them go this far away from the body.

It isn't supposed to be easy to counter, and I don't plan to change the default window for it. However, I've already written code for a few bonuses specific to this class of weapons, one of which extends the counter window by 10 frames (currently 25). This and the others are planned as armor set bonuses, but may end up as accessories if armor sets don't happen. You should also be aware that countering a hit already does grant a full second of invincibility (except when reflecting projectiles). I personally feel like this is enough time to avoid pretty much any attack, and it isn't meant to last all the way through a counterattack. If the general feedback is that the weapons are too weak, I'd rather touch them up in other areas than make them too much more forgiving to mistakes.

I suppose tooltips could use an extra line to describe the counterattack. Something like "Counterattacks deal 2x damage" for the Simple Rapier, for example. I don't want them excessively long, though, and the manual is always there if you need details.

True to my word, now that tModLoader is updated with server support, I've begun work on multiplayer. The update I just put up should eliminate syncing issues with prefixes (fingers crossed), which was the biggest issue in multiplayer. There are might still be issues in that area, though, so keep an eye out. There will almost certainly be issues with other things, like the weapons and effects of prefixes not being well synced between clients. I can only test so much of this as the sole client on a server, so I'm relying on feedback and bug reports to pinpoint issues and hopefully fix them.

On a side note, the other significant change is the reduction in coins dropped by prefixed enemies. Previously, each category granted at least a 2x multiplier to value - this has been homogenized to 1.5x for all prefixes and 5x for suffixes. Now that loot is moderately fleshed out, the need for coins as a reward is much less.

I used Cheat Sheet to put on the charge bangle and now I keep getting charge load messages above my head for every ring, even when I don't have them, and even when I deleted the character I used and made a new one.

Hey really cool mod!.

Wanted to ask you if it's gonna keep getting more content? some new bows/arrows would be really nice

Also, does this mod add prefixes to mobs from other mods?

Hey really cool mod!.

Wanted to ask you if it's gonna keep getting more content? some new bows/arrows would be really nice

Also, does this mod add prefixes to mobs from other mods?

I have a pretty good sized chunk of content that's coded, but lacks sprites. I'm currently the only one working for the mod, though @PhoenixBlade has done most of the sprites and may do more in the future. Among that unreleased content is a class of bows, Greatbows, with which you can pull back the string longer to shoot arrows with much higher damage and velocity. Along with those, there are Greatarrows, which can only effectively be fired from Greatbows. These have a variety of fun effects when shot from a fully drawn Greatbow. There are actually a number of both in game already, just not obtainable and all using placeholder sprites. Anyway, I do plan to continue adding content. It's mostly a matter of when I get sprites for what I've coded.

And yes, prefixes should affect all modded enemies as well. The only major exception to that is worm-type enemies, which need a specific exception to get prefixes, and I can't add an exception preemptively for modded NPCs.

My terraria crashes when i combine this mod with tremors and thorium mod. terraria doesnt crash when i only use the other 2 together
Huh... I can't say I've had that issue. I use a slew of mods, those two included, and haven't seen an issue. I'm not sure what the best thing to do. I'm not sure if it's the mod(s) or if it's tModLoader. Hopefully somebody else can comment that knows more than I do, that way I'll know what to do when the situation arises.

nvm it crashed randomly now when i disabled prefix mod. is there a way to alcolate more ram to terraria if its requiring more ram
[doublepost=1464620679,1464620516][/doublepost]can confirm it now crashes when im trying to create a world. it only goes through the 1-100% thingy then it suddenly crashes
[doublepost=1464621098][/doublepost]got this error when creating world after i reinstalled terraria and the mods the first part may be in swedish but it says "an exception of type systems outofmemory occurred"
886bd9edfa.png

if anyone have any idea of what this means please tell me.

nvm it crashed randomly now when i disabled prefix mod. is there a way to alcolate more ram to terraria if its requiring more ram
[doublepost=1464620679,1464620516][/doublepost]can confirm it now crashes when im trying to create a world. it only goes through the 1-100% thingy then it suddenly crashes
[doublepost=1464621098][/doublepost]got this error when creating world after i reinstalled terraria and the mods the first part may be in swedish but it says "an exception of type systems outofmemory occurred"
886bd9edfa.png

if anyone have any idea of what this means please tell me.
This is more of a question for the official help thread or the official tModloader thread, but I'll try to answer it anyway. Your issue is probably not one of lacking RAM, but rather your having a 32-bit OS. Probably. If you have a 64-bit OS, I'm not sure what to tell you. Anyway, read this for a more in-depth explanation. Basically, you have a limited amount of address space, and the more mods you're running the less space you have and the more space you need.

If you have a 64-bit OS, it could be a memory leak in one of Thorium or Tremor, but it probably isn't the case since it crashes as early as world creation.

Um, whats Idol Of The Moon God do exactly? "Over Crit" is not exactly descriptive of what it actually does. Is it +crit damage? If so, how much? x.x

Um, whats Idol Of The Moon God do exactly? "Over Crit" is not exactly descriptive of what it actually does. Is it +crit damage? If so, how much? x.x
I guess that's not explained anywhere, is it? It works like this: when you would crit, you have a 20% chance to further multiply your damage by 2x, turning your 2x damage crit into 4x damage.
Edit: I've updated the description to be more... descriptive. Next update it'll be in there.

I guess that's not explained anywhere, is it? It works like this: when you would crit, you have a 20% chance to further multiply your damage by 2x, turning your 2x damage crit into 4x damage.
Edit: I've updated the description to be more... descriptive. Next update it'll be in there.
so it's the supercrit sniper rifle bonus from sas4, only universal and less intense
noice

I rate this mod 10/10 and give its grade a A+ because i was fighting EoC for the first time on a new world and new person and i got a splitter EoC so when i killed him i got two more :p

So, question; in-game, I can currently take my Fencer's Foil and two Amethyst cards and craft another Fencer's Foil. May I ask what the point of doing this would be?

Back
Top Bottom