tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

So, I came across this page about an unused debuff in Terraria's code. I think it could be interesting to add a "Dazing" prefix for enemies. It seems pretty dang powerful, though.

I also came across a Rare Blood Crawler the other day. I thought you made Spider enemies unable to get the Rare prefix due to them re-rolling prefixes when changing forms? Did you fix the bug, or did you simply forget to add the Blood Crawler to the blacklist? If this is the case, you might have forgotten about "The Possessed" too, which has the same AI. I wouldn't know, I'm not quite there yet in my current playthrough.

Anyway, I'm really loving this mod, especially since you fixed projectiles dealing an absurd amount of damage in Expert Mode. It's much more enjoyable now. Them not spawning in the early-game was a good idea, too.

Leeching needs a GIANT fix, some enemies become nearly invincible with that prefix, maybe make it so their defense doesn't go up?
EDIT: Maybe make it so they steal prefixes from other enemies, or make it so they steal stats from players?
Edit: I see, mostly just posting this because it happened with Thorium's Ragnarok, forcing me to use a cheat item.

Last edited:
So, I came across this page about an unused debuff in Terraria's code. I think it could be interesting to add a "Dazing" prefix for enemies. It seems pretty dang powerful, though.

I also came across a Rare Blood Crawler the other day. I thought you made Spider enemies unable to get the Rare prefix due to them re-rolling prefixes when changing forms? Did you fix the bug, or did you simply forget to add the Blood Crawler to the blacklist? If this is the case, you might have forgotten about "The Possessed" too, which has the same AI. I wouldn't know, I'm not quite there yet in my current playthrough.

Anyway, I'm really loving this mod, especially since you fixed projectiles dealing an absurd amount of damage in Expert Mode. It's much more enjoyable now. Them not spawning in the early-game was a good idea, too.
Looks like I didn't add everything when I thought I had - only jungle creepers and black recluses were being excluded. Thanks for letting me know.
Leeching needs a GIANT fix, some enemies become nearly invincible with that prefix, maybe make it so their defense doesn't go up?
EDIT: Maybe make it so they steal prefixes from other enemies, or make it so they steal stats from players?
The post-Moonlord prefixes are meant to present dangers too great for standard prefixes. The threat of an eventually unstoppable juggernaut is one of those. The drain, especially the defense drain, is slow enough that you should have plenty of time to kill it before it gets out of hand. Running is always an option.

Edit: Has anyone been using this in multiplayer? I updated with tentative support about 10 days back, and haven't got any feedback on it. It's hard for me to test multiplayer issues as the only player on a server, so I'm relying on reports to fix things.

Last edited:
Edit: Has anyone been using this in multiplayer? I updated with tentative support about 10 days back, and haven't got any feedback on it. It's hard for me to test multiplayer issues as the only player on a server, so I'm relying on reports to fix things.
No, sorry. I'll be honest, I don't have people to play multiplayer with. :sigh:

So I wanted to message about a couple strange interactions I've noticed, followed by some funny moments!

Strange Interactions:
Worm mods only affect their heads. I dunno if it's possible to solve that but if it is it'd be really cool to do so. Like, a worm charging at me with a massive head or an invisible (Stealth) head doesn't work too well.
Wall of Flesh has unique attributes per eye and mouth. So you might get a Shadowflame Executioner eyeball and a Miniature mouth and it look totally :red:ed. Skeletron's hands have the same effect.

Funny Moments:
I don't know what the prefix is for the enemies that launch you sideways, but I was trying to clear out a Queen Bee hive and one of them knocked me into the :red:ing larvae and made me break it. Stupid bees.
Also, I had a Launcher Skeletron Hand which was terrifying because every time he slapped me I flew eight thousand feet into the air and was afraid of him despawning. Barely won that fight.

EDIT: By the way, while it wasn't the NEWEST update, I can confirm that this was at least somewhat working in Multiplayer earlier this week. My only bug was that we had a miniature zombie glitching through our floor. We stopped playing since The Grand Thunderbird was bugged in Multiplayer but he's fixed now so we'll eventually try again.

So I wanted to message about a couple strange interactions I've noticed, followed by some funny moments!

Strange Interactions:
Worm mods only affect their heads. I dunno if it's possible to solve that but if it is it'd be really cool to do so. Like, a worm charging at me with a massive head or an invisible (Stealth) head doesn't work too well.
Wall of Flesh has unique attributes per eye and mouth. So you might get a Shadowflame Executioner eyeball and a Miniature mouth and it look totally :red:ed. Skeletron's hands have the same effect.

Funny Moments:
I don't know what the prefix is for the enemies that launch you sideways, but I was trying to clear out a Queen Bee hive and one of them knocked me into the :red:ing larvae and made me break it. Stupid bees.
Also, I had a Launcher Skeletron Hand which was terrifying because every time he slapped me I flew eight thousand feet into the air and was afraid of him despawning. Barely won that fight.

EDIT: By the way, while it wasn't the NEWEST update, I can confirm that this was at least somewhat working in Multiplayer earlier this week. My only bug was that we had a miniature zombie glitching through our floor. We stopped playing since The Grand Thunderbird was bugged in Multiplayer but he's fixed now so we'll eventually try again.
Worms are actually a string of multiple NPCs, so I made sure only the heads could get prefixes to avoid a number of issues. I should probably get in there and exclude the size and stealth prefixes, though.
For WoF and Skeletron, that's intended.

Forceful is the horizontal launching prefix. I recently lowered the speed you're sent flying by Launching, so hopefully you won't need to worry about getting too far from a boss. Sounds like a tough fight, though, especially without featherfall pots or a grappling hook to save yourself.

Glad to hear there weren't any big bugs, but keep me updated.

Worms are actually a string of multiple NPCs, so I made sure only the heads could get prefixes to avoid a number of issues. I should probably get in there and exclude the size and stealth prefixes, though.
For WoF and Skeletron, that's intended.

Forceful is the horizontal launching prefix. I recently lowered the speed you're sent flying by Launching, so hopefully you won't need to worry about getting too far from a boss. Sounds like a tough fight, though, especially without featherfall pots or a grappling hook to save yourself.

Glad to hear there weren't any big bugs, but keep me updated.
Thanks! If it's intended that's perfectly fine. I know Worms are separate NPCs and I personally had no problem with the worm being horrible at Stealthing. xDD It was entertaining. And yeah, it was tough; my grapple hook saved my life multiple times and landing INSIDE of Skeletron's head wasn't exactly fun either.

That reminds me of a close save I pulled off the other day. I got hit by a launching slime, but had no pots, wings, nor grapple. I was pretty boned. But I remembered I had one thing; an Ice Mirror! So, I activated it in mid air...and realized quickly it would not finish its animation in time. However, by sheer chance, I landed back on the slime, and got flung into the air again before I could hit the ground, letting the mirror do its thing and save me. It was amazing!

In my experience with the Launching prefix, I don't take any fall damage when being launched. I assumed this was intentional. Is it?
It's weird; I have this happen sometimes but then sometimes I do take fall damage (case in point, Skeletron fight, at least before I used an item to disable fall damage). But other times, for example fighting Slime God (from Calamity), the Launching prefix did no fall damage. So I'm not sure.

In my experience with the Launching prefix, I don't take any fall damage when being launched. I assumed this was intentional. Is it?
It's weird; I have this happen sometimes but then sometimes I do take fall damage (case in point, Skeletron fight, at least before I used an item to disable fall damage). But other times, for example fighting Slime God (from Calamity), the Launching prefix did no fall damage. So I'm not sure.
I did nothing in particular with fall damage. Unable to test right now, but if I were to guess, the inconsistency is due to the player either being in the air or on the ground when hit.

I did nothing in particular with fall damage. Unable to test right now, but if I were to guess, the inconsistency is due to the player either being in the air or on the ground when hit.
This would make logical sense; floating Skeletron hand that hits me whenever I'm jumping on a slime and trying to avoid him, versus Slime God minions that are running along the ground and bumping me into the air.

@Hiccup251 You might be aware of this but.
This dueling sword has a wrong recipe.
Stinging Epee
2f4cf5d9f9.png

Hey, I've noticed a bug of your mod in Multiplayer, any beam sword (vanilla or modded) doesn't seem to do damage with their projectile. I tested this with multiple mods enabled as well as only yours on both MP and SP, it's only occurring in MP.
8b9ea6c791.jpg

Edit: After further testing I've noticed that no projectiles do damage at all, from guns to grenades to anything that utilizes the Projectile class really. This only occurs in multiplayer.
Edit 2: After further noticing I've considered that it's only mainly the case for Mannequin's. And that Mannequin's don't receive damage from anything at all.

Last edited:
Hey Hiccup im a great fan of your mod and i just want to know if it is normal to basically every enemy is with the Frenzied prefix(Im playing on expert)

V1.0.13b: Basic Multiplayer support added, adjusted value modifier on prefixes (down on average), adjusted position of dueling swords to keep them from disjointing too far from the body, lowered Launching prefix launch velocity.
so,the prefixes are the same for all the players in the server? like a "Zombie with a Dark Prefix (Dark Zombie)" Appears,it will be the same for me and my friends?

Back
Top Bottom