tModLoader Prefixes for Fishing Poles

S-Pladison

Spazmatism
This mod was combined with "Iridium Mod".

1600999131945.png

• v0...
- Was deleted.
• v0.9.3
- Added 3 new prefixes.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to crash when carrying a Fisherman's Pocket Guide, Fish Finder, PDA or Cell Phone in your inventory.

• v0.9.2
- All code has been rewritten from scratch. Now the code is much better than in previous versions.
- All prefixes have been changed.
• v0.9.1
- Added mod icon.
• v0.9
- Added to Mod Browser.

Last edited:
I was fishing one day and thought of this concept so I'm super happy you put it into reality! Would absolutely love to see where this goes, even if it's a simplistic concept!

This is a nice addition to fishing. Me likey. While it is nice, it ain't perfect. I was doing a fisherman playthrough (with this mod and a few other fishing mods), and after i got the "Fisherman's Pocket Guide", i would suddenly crash a few minutes later. This was really bugging me, so i had to get rid of the Pocket Guide.
After reading the crash log, i came to conclusion it was the prefixes that were doing this.
[20:01:41] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalItem.Instance(Item item)
at Terraria.Item.GetGlobalItem[T]()
at PrefixesForFishingPoles.PFFPPlayer.GetFishingLevel(Item fishingRod, Item bait, Int32& fishingLevel) in PrefixesForFishingPoles\PFFPPlayer.cs:line 97
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.GetFishingLevel(Player player, Item fishingRod, Item bait, Int32& fishingLevel)
at Terraria.Player.FishingLevel()
at Terraria.Main.DrawInfoAccs()
at Terraria.Main.<SetupDrawInterfaceLayers>b__1637_24()
at Terraria.UI.LegacyGameInterfaceLayer.DrawSelf()
at Terraria.UI.GameInterfaceLayer.Draw()
at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

[20:01:41] [1/ERROR] [Terraria]: System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
[20:01:41] [1/FATAL] [Terraria]: Main engine crash
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
Anyway, hope this gets fixed, and i hope this mod gets more prefixes.

This is a nice addition to fishing. Me likey. While it is nice, it ain't perfect. I was doing a fisherman playthrough (with this mod and a few other fishing mods), and after i got the "Fisherman's Pocket Guide", i would suddenly crash a few minutes later. This was really bugging me, so i had to get rid of the Pocket Guide.
After reading the crash log, i came to conclusion it was the prefixes that were doing this.
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalItem.Instance(Item item)
at Terraria.Item.GetGlobalItem[T]()
at PrefixesForFishingPoles.PFFPPlayer.GetFishingLevel(Item fishingRod, Item bait, Int32& fishingLevel) in PrefixesForFishingPoles\PFFPPlayer.cs:line 97
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.GetFishingLevel(Player player, Item fishingRod, Item bait, Int32& fishingLevel)
at Terraria.Player.FishingLevel()
at Terraria.Main.DrawInfoAccs()
at Terraria.Main.<SetupDrawInterfaceLayers>b__1637_24()
at Terraria.UI.LegacyGameInterfaceLayer.DrawSelf()
at Terraria.UI.GameInterfaceLayer.Draw()
at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface(GameTime gameTime)

[20:01:41] [1/ERROR] [Terraria]: System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
[20:01:41] [1/FATAL] [Terraria]: Main engine crash
Anyway, hope this gets fixed, and i hope this mod gets more prefixes.

The bug was fixed. Thanks for the help. 😊

Last edited:
Since there is an unlucky modifier, will you make a lucky modifier? BTW I love the idea for this, another good conditional modifier would be maybe for rain?

Back
Top Bottom