[prehardmode] NPC popularity poll

Out of these, who are your favorite NPCs?

• Guide

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Merchant

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Zoologist

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Demolitionist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angler

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Arm Dealer

• Nurse

• Dye Trader

• Golfer

• Painter

• Party Girl

• Dryad

• Witch Doctor

• Old Man

• Stylist

• Mechanic

• Goblin Tinkerer

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Tavernkeep

• Clothier

• Skeleton Merchant

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gunbrella

Terrarian
old man and clothier are separate yes!! i think it makes sense.

anywho, a bit self-explanatory but i'd like to know what npcs you all might be fond of.. just for fun!
you're able to choose 3 npcs at most.
lmk if i forgot any/if the choices are weird!

Unpopular opinion here, but the Angler is my favorite town NPC. I find that his daily fishing quests act as nice breaks from other activities, making the gameplay feel more varied. I like to weave his quests between other Terraria activities such as building or boss fighting.

His rewards are also very good, as having the full set of Fishing Armor, a Angler Tackle Bag and some fishing-related potions alongside the Golden Fishing Rod with some 50% bait power bait makes it trivial to catch large quantities of high-tier potion fish. He also gives good-looking furniture items and the Fin Wings are also very useful at the start of hardmode.

I personally have done at least over 600 fishing quests across all of my playthroughs (I have gotten Supreme Helper Minion 3 times on different accounts/platforms). I think that many people just grind the angler using the bed to skip time, instead of doing it organically while building or progressing with the playthrough in the down-time, which makes them feel bored at the Angler quests.

Mechanic because I’m a wiring guy, and goblin tinkerer because he sells the Tinkerer’s Workshop which is arguably the most important item in the entire game

My favorite is the Dye Trader, though that may be a bit unfair, since few other NPCs have such a major system locked entirely behind them. The Vanities in this game can get wild, and I don't think I'd enjoy the game if I didn't get to express myself with them.

My next favorite is the merchant. I use him for Torches, Glowsticks, Piggy Banks, Safes, and he's usually my go-to for selling things to make money.

Unpopular opinion here, but the Angler is my favorite town NPC. I find that his daily fishing quests act as nice breaks from other activities, making the gameplay feel more varied. I like to weave his quests between other Terraria activities such as building or boss fighting.

His rewards are also very good, as having the full set of Fishing Armor, a Angler Tackle Bag and some fishing-related potions alongside the Golden Fishing Rod with some 50% bait power bait makes it trivial to catch large quantities of high-tier potion fish. He also gives good-looking furniture items and the Fin Wings are also very useful at the start of hardmode.

I personally have done at least over 600 fishing quests across all of my playthroughs (I have gotten Supreme Helper Minion 3 times on different accounts/platforms). I think that many people just grind the angler using the bed to skip time, instead of doing it organically while building or progressing with the playthrough in the down-time, which makes them feel bored at the Angler quests.
YEAHHH i love angler and i love fishing in literally every game i play. terraria def has one of my fav fishing systems of all time cuz' it's so simple yet so thoroughly fun and rewarding in a way that i just haven't seen before. definitely an unpopular opinion because.. yes he is a foul lil' tyke but i love his quests + fin wings so he gets a free pass™
and for those who favor combat fishing during a blood moon is really cool too!! ok!!

Back
Top Bottom