tModLoader Pumpking's Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sprites of the souls (wight, plight, twilight, daylight, etc.) definitely need to be sprites, so they look like GIFs. You know the new sprites of the souls of light and night. Just saying.

Does this mod still buff all existing vanilla enemies in the world at some point during the game's progression (aside from vanilla-hardmode's transition)?

If so, I was curious if there's been any consideration to remove that at any point, or make an alternate version of the mod that doesn't do this. After playing through this mod a while back, progression didn't feel right to me with all mobs getting much, much stronger in the late game (as opposed to only affecting the new bosses). Obviously getting rid of this ramp in difficulty would cause some new balancing issues with the mod itself-- I'm mainly asking out of curiosity, as I don't see any mention about this 'feature' in the mod virtually anywhere. I thoroughly enjoyed everything else the mod incorporates.

I could be incredibly misinformed here and the massive ramp in difficultly wasn't even being caused by this mod -- I've only recently seen others complaining that Pumpking's Mod does this.

Well to simply answer that question, here's the thing; mobs that are for this mod are set to Hardmode, Post Plantera.
I've yet to issue @Pumpking about the mobs appearing like that with the sudden exponential difficulty increase during hardmode...

Does this mod still buff all existing vanilla enemies in the world at some point during the game's progression (aside from vanilla-hardmode's transition)?

If so, I was curious if there's been any consideration to remove that at any point, or make an alternate version of the mod that doesn't do this. After playing through this mod a while back, progression didn't feel right to me with all mobs getting much, much stronger in the late game (as opposed to only affecting the new bosses). Obviously getting rid of this ramp in difficulty would cause some new balancing issues with the mod itself-- I'm mainly asking out of curiosity, as I don't see any mention about this 'feature' in the mod virtually anywhere. I thoroughly enjoyed everything else the mod incorporates.

I could be incredibly misinformed here and the massive ramp in difficultly wasn't even being caused by this mod -- I've only recently seen others complaining that Pumpking's Mod does this.

This is really weird. I hadn't noticed things doing ridiculous damage until after defeating Pumpking's Horseman. I fought him 6 times to grind for souls and I don't remember seeing a chat msg saying anything would get more difficult but that had to be what did it.

It's not even consistent either. Things like Zombies, Underground enemies, Mummies that kind of stuff does CRAZY damage now, but things like slimes, flying fish, and even Angry Nimbus' still only do like 1 damage to me.

I'm not really sure what's going on but I have been 1-shot by Blood Jellies and Pigron so far. Blood Jelly did 525 damage in 1 shot to me and Pigron did like 490 or something, and this is in Beetle Armor, all Warding Accessories (93 Defense!). A regular run of the mill zombie (i think it was "heavy zombie") did 354 damage to me in 1 shot, then a nimbus hit me for 1 damage. Makes no sense and I want it to go back to the way it was. Is there anything i can edit in the world or character file that will fix this?

Edit: oh yeah and things seem to be dropping a lot more money now too. A regular blue slime drops 45 silver and something like a Turtle in the jungle drops 3 gold, Pirate Captains are dropping 1 Platinum 20 Gold or something crazy like that and they don't do any increased damage, just have 30k HP. I don't care about money, that is a terrible trade off to make the game way less fun. And It isn't even indicated to the player in game, or on the details page of the mod. I will be very sad if this has ruined this character.

Edit2: I did go and kill Pumpking's Horseman again, but only saw "Pumpking's Horseman has been defeated" message. I don't know if its a one time message like when killing wall of flesh though. Everything is super weird now, I never know if something is going to do 400+ damage or just regular. Everything seems to be dropping crazy amounts of money though. One pirate invasion, only HP buffs so it wasn't even hard to clear and I got 13 Platinum. Ice golems and pirate captains doing 65 damage and dropping platinum coins and regular zombies and jellyfish doing 350+ damage and dropping a few gold. This "late game balancing" seems a bit off.

Last edited:
I have the same problem ... i wear nebula armor with full warding reforged acsessories and mobs in the dungeon oneshot me and the moonlord has like 800k hp what makes it impossible to kill him with items from this mod ... had to install calamity to be able to do it :D i dont know what you did but its this mod for sure ... i disabled this mod and then everything was ok again. the moment i enabled it again it was the same ... . Please fix this :D And i am not a bad player i did kill the moonlord with a hardcore character on expert in the vanilla terraria

Edit: I did try out the balancing item you can get with cheat sheet and all was okay again i killed the pumpkings horseman afterwards and still all okay. Then i left the game and reloaded Terraria and all enemies are broken again ... wandering eye 150 dmg ...

Edit2: Did some more testing and it seems as if its impossible to fix this permanetly: every time i start Terraria the enemies are broken and i have to use the balance item over and over again

Last edited:
What does Terramite look like?
I have a bunch of mods that add more ores so finding it is kind of difficult. I have beaten the Moon Lord

I have the same problem ... i wear nebula armor with full warding reforged acsessories and mobs in the dungeon oneshot me and the moonlord has like 800k hp what makes it impossible to kill him with items from this mod ... had to install calamity to be able to do it :D i dont know what you did but its this mod for sure ... i disabled this mod and then everything was ok again. the moment i enabled it again it was the same ... . Please fix this :D And i am not a bad player i did kill the moonlord with a hardcore character on expert in the vanilla terraria

Edit: I did try out the balancing item you can get with cheat sheet and all was okay again i killed the pumpkings horseman afterwards and still all okay. Then i left the game and reloaded Terraria and all enemies are broken again ... wandering eye 150 dmg ...

Edit2: Did some more testing and it seems as if its impossible to fix this permanetly: every time i start Terraria the enemies are broken and i have to use the balance item over and over again

That is depressing to hear. I don't feel like I am a bad player either, Ive beaten the game many times on expert, but taking damage at some point is inevitable and getting one shot is just not fun. Either there should be a warning on the description of the Pumpking's Horseman item description, if that is what did it (which it has to be in my mind at least) or better yet, let people know that in the description of the mod. Or you shouldn't be able to fight Pumpking's Horseman before moon lord. I'll look into the solution you posted though thanks for that

i have a nice idea! can you plz add this to your mod, then you have some nice starter armor added to the mod!
upload_2016-11-2_11-15-58.png
-the pumpthrower- 15 magic dmg. (shoots seeds at enemy) made with 50
Pumpkin.png

----------------------------------------------------------
upload_2016-11-2_11-16-28.png
- pumpking throwing knife - 12 throwing dmg. made with 10
Throwing_Knife.png
Pumpkin.png

upload_2016-11-2_11-18-35.png
- pumking bow (not the best sprite ever) - 19 dmg. made with 50
Pumpkin.png

-----------------------------------------------------------
upload_2016-11-2_11-20-20.png
-pumpking sword (much knockback) 20 dmg. made with 60
Pumpkin.png

-------------------------------------------------------------
upload_2016-11-2_11-22-30.png
-magic pumpking armor (+20 mana) rope made with 60
Pumpkin.png
helmet is the normal helmet

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-2_11-8-39.png
    upload_2016-11-2_11-8-39.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 133
  • upload_2016-11-2_11-19-36.png
    upload_2016-11-2_11-19-36.png
    376 bytes · Views: 136
i have a nice idea! can you plz add this to your mod, then you have some nice starter armor added to the mod!
View attachment 146368 -the pumpthrower- 15 magic dmg. (shoots seeds at enemy) made with 50
Pumpkin.png

View attachment 146369- pumpking throwing knife - 12 throwing dmg. made with 10
Throwing_Knife.png
Pumpkin.png

View attachment 146370- pumking bow (not the best sprite ever) - 19 dmg. made with 50
Pumpkin.png

-----------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 146372-pumpking sword (much knockback) 20 dmg. made with 60
Pumpkin.png

-------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 146373-magic pumpking armor (+20 mana) rope made with 60
Pumpkin.png
helmet is the normal helmet
Really like the idea of this, because you know, "Pumpking". But sadly this mod only uses endgame or post-Moon Lord items. :/

yea.... youre right :(
Great job on the sprites! And don't let the above user's comments discourage you -- that person has literally nothing to do with this mod's development, and thus are in no position to be giving that advice. Wait until somebody knowledgeable on the team mentions your work before giving up.

And if Pumpking Mod can't use your sprites, I'm sure another mod would be happy to incorporate them. :happy:

Last edited:
Great job on the sprites! And don't let the above user's comments discourage you -- that person has literally nothing to do with this mod's development, and thus are in no position to be giving that advice. Wait until somebody knowledgeable on the team mentions your work before giving up.

And if Pumpking Mod can't use your sprites, I'm sure another mod would be happy to incorporate them. :happy:

:0 mmmm...was thinking of the same..

Personally I think he should be buffed, but then people complain about him being too hard! But I think I should make him harder to match the difficulty of the coming bosses...

yeah maybe just nerf the weapons instead of buffing the terra lord? balancing it. my arena was honestly my base. I killed about a quarter of my npcs. in the end i downloaded another world and use cheat sheet to get an arena since I tried making one. I had NO idea what I was doing. the ONLY exception to my motto "Up Close And Personal" is the terra lords range drop since its one of the only homing weapons from the terra lord.
[doublepost=1478513787,1478513486][/doublepost]
That is depressing to hear. I don't feel like I am a bad player either, Ive beaten the game many times on expert, but taking damage at some point is inevitable and getting one shot is just not fun. Either there should be a warning on the description of the Pumpking's Horseman item description, if that is what did it (which it has to be in my mind at least) or better yet, let people know that in the description of the mod. Or you shouldn't be able to fight Pumpking's Horseman before moon lord. I'll look into the solution you posted though thanks for that

that's why I always use damage reducing accessories.

that's why I always use damage reducing accessories.

I usually have warding on all my accessories, but at that point in my playthrough i hadn't acquired a frozen turtle shell or paladins shield. Also it was a crimson world so no worm scarf for me. My entire point is that you should not be able to activate the post moon lord balancing of enemies right after you beat duke fishron, if that is how the mod is intended to be designed, im not really sure and i dont have time to read though 70 pages of this thread to find out since the author leaves so little information in the OP.

I did start a new playthough though and by the time i get back to where i was in the old one, ill make a backup of my char/world and do some testing to see exactly what it is that triggers the balancing to occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom