PvP is broken now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaoThePotato

Skeletron Prime
Honestly, the Lunar Flare does insane damage and wallhacks, you can't even dodge Last Prism in an open space.
Meowmere is deadly in corridors and the like, Star Wrath is a weapon of mass murder where the sky is exposed, Solar Flare is basically the Flairon and Death Sickle's love child, the Daybreak has insane DoT and high damage per hit.
S.D.M.G. is just OP in all respects, and the wide variety of bullets allows for very versatile use, and the Celebration's AoE is :red:ing insane.

Need I say more?
In any case, with only 500HP and the amount of defense that the endgame armors give you, I don't expect anyone to survive long in PvP battles.
Obviously, the game's not balanced around PvP and I love that aspect, but do you think these weapons will be banned on TShock servers once it's updated for 1.3?

Yeah, they'll probably be banned.

If I was a server owner, I'd try to make a mod to nerf damage. It'd change the damage dealt to players to be a very small fraction of what enemies take; a quarter or less. (It could be less significant for weapons that don't have such high base damage. Custom tailoring on a per-weapon basis would take a while, but it'd be the best.)

If it got dropped to say, one tenth, there'd be enough time for actual PVP. A single stuck Daybreak spear will only deal 2.5 DPS, and the spear itself, assuming a lot of damage buffs might deal 25. If the damage gets nerfed low enough, all the ridiculous 1.3 effects should stop being so overwhelming and people will have some leeway with their options. Right now it's just a battle of who clicks first.

A single stuck Daybreak spear will only deal 2.5 DPS, and the spear itself, assuming a lot of damage buffs might deal 25.

Minor, minor point, but I believe Daybreak's DoT debuff doesn't work in PVP. The rest of your points are well in line.

You mean it wasn't already? PVP in this game is just a side thing for the sake of having it

Titanium Armor, Paladin's Hammer, Snowman Rocket III, and Holy Arrow Tsunami spam was already bad enough to where you shouldn't take PVP seriously, if you wanted to do it "seriously" then you'd want to just run a pre hardmode server with designated rulesets and SSC enabled

Maybe the defense buff from Expert mode will make Expert worlds with no spawns the "new" PVP setup (especially with Worm Scarf and 6th accessory slot) but we're basically just literal gods at this point so I don't see how it's changed much at all

anti-grief plugins on custom servers will just freeze you for cutting grass with our huge area weapons now anyway

Before pvp would ever be balanced, there would have to be a complete game mode created for it. That's the only way you can balance pvp without :red:ting up the actual game. PVP mode maybe.

Honestly PvP has been broken since molten was introduced. Aka it was never not broken.
Also Daybreak's DoT does not work in PvP and Lunar Flare deals crappy damage (crappy in terms of end-game weapons as the others can pretty much instantly kill) as most of its DPS comes from the fact it pierces at the speed of light (which it cannot on PvP due to the set invincibility frames).

PVP is an afterthought and has always been unbalanced. Modifying weapons that are given to you close to/after endgame just because they break something that was always broken? Let's not do that. Terraria is, at its core, a single player game, and weapons should not be balanced around minor elements.

The simplest way to fix it would be to remove it. I know that won't happen, though. That's a pity.

PVP is an afterthought and has always been unbalanced. Modifying weapons that are given to you close to/after endgame just because they break something that was always broken? Let's not do that. Terraria is, at its core, a single player game, and weapons should not be balanced around minor elements.

The simplest way to fix it would be to remove it. I know that won't happen, though. That's a pity.

Terraria's PVP is basically a Just-for-fun thing and is not competive. Terraria is a exploration game not a Team Fortress 2 or whatever other pvp oriented game i can think of. and i perfer the game to say true to that Exploration aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom