tModLoader Quality Recipes

Ardosos

Terrarian
Compatible with Terraria v1.3.4.4 and tModLoader v0.9.0.1

This mod aims to re-create the quality of life mod by user Infinte Power. As Infinite Power has been offline for a while and the mod is outdated, I assume development on it has stopped. As his mod cannot be decompiled, I have instead created one "from scratch" meant to effectively be the same mod. Content includes crafting recipes for vanilla items, new accessories that are combinations of existing items, and a crafting station that allows ores to be converted to their equivalent alternate ore (so lead ore to iron, tin to copper, etc).

• Lava Waders and Frostspark Boots combine to make Elemental Boots
    yHg7FRn.png
  • Elemental Boots and Gravity Globe combine to make Atomic Boots
    yxMEJjU.png
  • Sweetheart Necklace and Star Veil combine to make Sweet Star Veil
    naiVFlQ.png
  • Frog Leg and Horseshoe combine to make Frogshoe
    4evx7uF.png
  • Fart in a Balloon, Honey Balloon, and Sharkron Balloon combine to make Bunch of Balloons
    vDJk4ar.png
  • Bundle of Balloons and Bunch of Balloons combine to make Cloud of Balloons
    JCtod1B.png
  • Cloud of Balloons and Frogshoe combine to make Cloud of Frogshoe Balloons
    xJJUci1.png
  • Mana Flower and Celestial Magnet combine to make Celestial Flower
    Ludmrj7.png
  • Charm of Myths and Mana Regeneration Band combine to make Lifeforce Bracelet
    v09o85f.png

• Night Vision Helmet and (20) Spelunker Potions combine to make Caving Gear
    ky3pzpL.png
  • Caving Gear and Mining Helmet combine to make Mining Gear
    5YFxZvb.png
  • Goggles, (20) Hunter Potions, and (20) Dangersense potions combine to make Safety Goggles
    9oXybqJ.png
  • Safety Goggles and Mining Gear combine to make Utility Helmet
    JZk05A7.png

• Extractinator and Alchemy Table combine to make Alteration Station
    BqXUo3P.png

• Celestial Magnet = 10 Mana Crystal and 5 Gold/Platinum Bar
  • Heart Statue = Life Crystal and 50 Stone Block
  • Star Statue = Mana Crystal and 50 Stone Block
  • King/Queen Statue = Gold/Platinum Crown and 50 Stone Block
  • Cobalt Shield = 10 Cobalt Bar
  • Moon Lord Drops (now including portal gun) = 30 Luminite Bar
  • Sextant = 15 Gold/Platinum Bar, 5 Lens
  • Weather Radio = 8 Gold/Platinum Bar, 15 Iron/Lead Bar, 15 Cloud Block, 15 Snow Block
  • Fisherman's Guide = Book, Armored Cavefish, Specular Fish, Neon Tetra, Bass, Trout, Atlantic Cod
  • Water Walking Boots = 25 Coral, 10 Waterleaf, 6 Shark Fin
  • Lava Charm = 10 Hellstone Bar, 5 Fireblossom
  • Rally = 1 Wooden Yoyo, 10 Iron/Lead Bar, 20 Stone Block
  • Cascade = 1 Rally, 10 Hellstone Bar
  • Aglet = 5 silk
  • Anklet of the Wind = 1 Aglet 8 Vine, 3 Jungle Spore
  • Band of Starpower = 1 Mana Crystal, 5 Iron/Lead Bar
  • Band of Regeneration = 1 Life Crystal, 5 Iron/Lead Bar
  • Hermes Boots = 10 Gold/Platinum Bar, 35 Silk, 15 Feather
  • Cloud in a Bottle = 1 Bottle, 150 Cloud Block, 50 Rain Cloud Block
  • Blizzard in a Bottle = 1 Bottle, 150 Snow Block, 50 Ice Block
  • Sandstorm in a Bottle = 1 Bottle, 150 Sand Block, 50 Cactus
  • Endless Water Bucket = 1 Water Bucket, 30 Pixie Dust, 10 Soul of Light
  • Super Absorbant Sponge = 1 Furnace, 30 Cursed Flame/Ichor, 10 Soul of Night
  • Flower Boots = 1 Nature's Gift, 5 Jungle Spores, 5 Jungle Grass Seeds
  • Ice Skates = 25 Snow Block, 25 Ice Block, 1 Iron/Lead Bar
  • High Test Fishing Line = 5 White String
  • Angler Earring = 1 Iron/Lead Bar, 10 Coral
  • Tackle Box = 5 Iron/Lead Bar, 20 wood
  • Lucky Horseshoe = 10 Iron/Lead Bar, 25 Fallen Star
  • Shiny Red Balloon = 1 White String, 10 Fallen Star, 20 Silk
  • DPS Meter = 10 Meteorite Bar, 25 Wire
  • Lifeform Analyzer = 6 Lens, 5 Pink Gel, 4 Gold/Platinum Bar
  • Stopwatch = Gold/Platinum Watch, 25 Wire, 1 Gray Pressure Plate
  • Paint Sprayer = 1 Paintbrush, 8 Iron/Lead Bar, 10 Wire
  • Brick Layer = 100 Gray Brick, 50 Crimstone/Ebonstone Block, 25 Red Brick, 8 Iron/Lead Bar, 10 Wire
  • Portable Cement Mixer = 80 Silt Block, 80 Sand Block, 8 Iron/Lead Bar, 10 Wire
  • Extendo Grip = 1 Grappling Hook, 12 Iron/Lead Bar, 10 Wire
  • Presserator = 25 Actuator, 1 Gray Pressure Plate, 50 Wire
  • Katana = 8 Iron/Lead Bar, 1 Shadow Scale/Tissue Sample
  • Revolver = 1 Illegal Gun Parts, 1 Handgun
  • Gatligator = 1 Illegal Gun Parts, 6 Cobalt/Palladium Bar
  • Pulse Bow = 8 Shroomite Bar, 10 Beetle Husk

• Sprites are low quality
  • Accessories added by this mod are not visible on the player when equipped
  • Headgear added by this mod does not move with the player properly
  • Recipes aren't balanced very well
  • Mod not tested for multiplayer compatibility
  • Atomic Boots don't include the flower boots effect like in the original mod - I have no idea how to properly recreate the effect

Download

I don't know what the etiquette is for copying someone else's mod idea. If anyone knows how to get in touch with Infinite Power, please hit me up either on here or via steam.

• v0.1 - Initial Release
  • v0.2 - Recipes for travelling merchant items added, uploaded to mod browser

Last edited:
I just noticed the corruption recipe for super absorbant sponge uses cursed flames, as in the spell tome, instead of cursed flames the item. I'll fix it in the next release.

ill be honest, i missed having the QoL mod, so this is a breath of fresh air to me, also despite just being resprites of most things i enjoy the look of the sprites.

@Ardosos
Thank you for recreating the mod. Could you consider adding an accessory that mixes the warrior/avenger emblem, the yoyo glove, and the yoyo the string? Or the Eye of the Golem and/or feral claws + the yoyo accessories that I mentioned before?

Also would be nice to make the items that are sold by the traveling and skeleton merchant craftable as well.

Last edited:
@Ardosos
Thank you for recreating the mod. Could you consider adding an accessory that mixes the warrior/avenger emblem, the yoyo glove, and the yoyo the string? Or the Eye of the Golem and/or feral claws + the yoyo accessories that I mentioned before?

Also would be nice to make the items that are sold by the traveling and skeleton merchant craftable as well.

The problem with adding new items is that I can't do sprites very well, and I don't know how to make them appear on the player when equipped. If anyone can make sprites better than mine, by all means feel free.

As for the travelling merchant, I can add recipes for things like the informational accessories, if I can think of something that feels "balanced". But I think that things like the katana, items that would give a real head start if acquired early, are better left up to luck. I'm definitely open to suggestions, though.

@Ardosos

If you feel the katana or any other items shouldn't be gotten early game then you can put ingredients in the recipe that make it available later.

by appear on the player you mean like for example when the player has the shiny red ballon it will show the char with a balloon near it ingame? If that's the case I wouldn't worry for that as it's purely aesthetic. if I have to take a guess youll need to create an other file and sprite for it to show. If you have doubts try asking on the discord tmodloader channel.

For the sprites try sending pm's to spriters most of them will be willing to lend you a hand.

i dont know how this will look ingame but if you go to the Quality of Life modand right click the sprites you are able to get the desirable sprites from it. I know this may seem like a rude thing to do but the sprites are too good for them to go to waste. Not sure if this will work but it's worth a shot

Attachments

• CTHuiu4.png
    CTHuiu4.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 256
Doesn't seem to be. Been waiting for it to show up there meself.
Download it from the first post and paste the tmod file inside my documents/my games/terraria/modloader/mods
[doublepost=1482458968,1482458831][/doublepost]
i dont know how this will look ingame but if you go to the Quality of Life modand right click the sprites you are able to get the desirable sprites from it. I know this may seem like a rude thing to do but the sprites are too good for them to go to waste. Not sure if this will work but it's worth a shot
He can get the sprites right from the post just right click on the image and then use the save as function but it would be to much ripping off in my opinion.

Download it from the first post and paste the tmod file inside my documents/my games/terraria/modloader/mods
[doublepost=1482458968,1482458831][/doublepost]
He can get the sprites right from the post just right click on the image and then use the save as function but it would be to much ripping off in my opinion.

I know it is but to me if he give the credit of the sprite to INFINITE POWER, it doesnt seem that bad to me. Some of the sprites work too well just to waste

As far as I know my mod is open source so if the sprites really bothered you, you could put it through tmodreader, replace the sprites, and then rebuild it. I don't think just taking infinite power's sprites would be a good idea.

As for the mod browser, I should have mentioned that this is my very first mod so I don't really know what I'm doing.

As far as I know my mod is open source so if the sprites really bothered you, you could put it through tmodreader, replace the sprites, and then rebuild it. I don't think just taking infinite power's sprites would be a good idea.

As for the mod browser, I should have mentioned that this is my very first mod so I don't really know what I'm doing.
for a first time its quite good, even with it being just essentially a updated version of the original QoL mod, one thing i would love to see added are some recipes for the building accessories the traveling merchant can sell:

(the wires for all recipes are to not make it available too early, and so the traveling merchant can still have a chance of selling it beforehand).

Paint sprayer: 1 Paintbrush, 8 Iron/lead bars, 10 wires.

Brick layer: 100 Gray bricks, 50 Ebonstone/Flesh blocks, 25 Red bricks, 8 iron/lead bars, 10 wires.

Portable Cement mixer: 80 Silt, 80 Sand blocks, 8 Iron/Lead bars, 10 Wires.

Extendo grip: 1 Grappling hook, 12 Iron/Lead bars, 10 Wires.

P.S. i totally didnt have to look up the traveling merchants items to remember what the accessories were...

Last edited:
So I had a bit of a thought over today. The combined banners that QOL did were kinda nifty, allowing you full defense over various banner beasties, however, there's a slight flaw I think: Primarially, the size. For something that stacks multiple banner powers together, 1x3 seems... tiny, if uniform to other banner sizes. If you combined the banners, I'd suggest making them a bit bigger (at least 3x3 to match boss trophies), giving more room for some more creative/higher quality banner sprites as well as somewhat balancing them with the amount of bonus they give.

My suggestions for starter recipes for this -

Green Slime/Blue Slime/Purple Slime/Yellow Slime - Slime Rain Banner

Goblin Peon/Goblin Thief/Goblin Warrior/Goblin Archer/Goblin Sorcerer - Goblin Army Banner

Demon Eye/Zombie/Drippler/Blood Zombie - Waning Blood Moon Banner
Possessed Armor/Wandering Eye/Wraith/Clown(Optional?) - Waxing Blood Moon Banner

Waning Blood Moon Banner/Waxing Blood Moon Banner - Full Blood Moon Banner

Deckhand/Deadeye/Corsair/Crossbower/Captain/Parrot - Pirate Crew Banner

Drakomire Rider/Selenian//Corite/Sroller/Crawltipede/Drakomire - Solar Pillar Banner
Vortexian/Alien Queen/Alien Hornet/Alien Larva/Storm Diver - Vortex Pillar Banner
Nebula Floater/Brain Sucker/Predictor/Evolution Beast - Nebula Pillar Banner
Star Cell/Flow Invader/Twinkle Popper/Milkyway Weaver/Stargazer - Stardust Pillar Banner

Solar Pillar Banner/Vortex Pillar Banner/Nebula Pillar Banner/Stardust Pillar Banner - Lunar Cult Banner

That's a good start but hey, could really go the same for Frost/Pumpkin Moons, Frost Legion, and Solar Eclipse.

So I had a bit of a thought over today. The combined banners that QOL did were kinda nifty, allowing you full defense over various banner beasties, however, there's a slight flaw I think: Primarially, the size. For something that stacks multiple banner powers together, 1x3 seems... tiny, if uniform to other banner sizes. If you combined the banners, I'd suggest making them a bit bigger (at least 3x3 to match boss trophies), giving more room for some more creative/higher quality banner sprites as well as somewhat balancing them with the amount of bonus they give.

My suggestions for starter recipes for this -

Green Slime/Blue Slime/Purple Slime/Yellow Slime - Slime Rain Banner

Goblin Peon/Goblin Thief/Goblin Warrior/Goblin Archer/Goblin Sorcerer - Goblin Army Banner

Demon Eye/Zombie/Drippler/Blood Zombie - Waning Blood Moon Banner
Possessed Armor/Wandering Eye/Wraith/Clown(Optional?) - Waxing Blood Moon Banner

Waning Blood Moon Banner/Waxing Blood Moon Banner - Full Blood Moon Banner

Deckhand/Deadeye/Corsair/Crossbower/Captain/Parrot - Pirate Crew Banner

Drakomire Rider/Selenian//Corite/Sroller/Crawltipede/Drakomire - Solar Pillar Banner
Vortexian/Alien Queen/Alien Hornet/Alien Larva/Storm Diver - Vortex Pillar Banner
Nebula Floater/Brain Sucker/Predictor/Evolution Beast - Nebula Pillar Banner
Star Cell/Flow Invader/Twinkle Popper/Milkyway Weaver/Stargazer - Stardust Pillar Banner

Solar Pillar Banner/Vortex Pillar Banner/Nebula Pillar Banner/Stardust Pillar Banner - Lunar Cult Banner

That's a good start but hey, could really go the same for Frost/Pumpkin Moons, Frost Legion, and Solar Eclipse.
I got to disagree with the 3x3 one since there are just so many banners and making the combination this big would defy the purpose of these compact banners. But I absolutely agree that having the banners again would be amazing!

Back
Top Bottom