PC Quick question about the underground desert.

Curak

Terrarian
Hey guys, i'm trying to avoid spoilers so please keep that in mind.

Question: Can i still get the new content if my under ground desert is corrupted?

I'm in hard-mode and i know there is some new content in the underground desert, but i've been waiting to explore it with a friend of mine. My problem is my corruption is overtaking the desert, but id like to build some stuff in our town. However if i'm on our server it keeps spreading. I tried some counter measure but its not really working.

Last edited:
This depends on what weapon you want. For the onyx blaster a corrupt desert won't make any difference. However for the sky fracture you'll need a hallowed desert to get light mummies.

This depends on what weapon you want. For the onyx blaster a corrupt desert won't make any difference. However for the sky fracture you'll need a hallowed desert to get light mummies.

Thanks for the reply! We have both of those from above ground deserts, though we had to make our own hallowed one. I was curious about the Underground Desert?

You mean the pocket mirror? It shouldn't be a problem, I believe regular desert mobs spawn in corrupt deserts.

I'm not sure what your referring too, since i've been avoiding reading about whats in there.

The patch notes and teasers had new sets of armor and weapons and such in the Underground desert, and like i've said i haven't explored it yet. Most of the monsters seem to become a different variant (i.e. ghouls, lamias, etc) when the desert becomes corrupted/hallowed.

Prior to the patches the only items that dropped were two vanity hats, one from corrupted lamias and one from hallowed i believe.

I'm just wondering if ill miss out on stuff if i let it go corrupted, like the old vanity hats.

There are a few items which are biome dependent.

Light/Dark Shards and Light/Dark Souls are required for some items, so you will need at least some Hallow desert and some Corrupt/Crimson desert somewhere for the shards, and of course, souls from anywhere underground in the world.

Desert Spirits only spawn in Corrupt/Crimson deserts, and they drop new items, so you will need one of those somewhere (which you do).

Each variant of the desert (pure, crimson, corrupt, and hallow) has a different Sand Shark variant, each of which drops its own banner. So if you are a banner collector, you will need one of each, or at least the ability to Clentaminate them for a while.

Back
Top Bottom