A quick and easy tool for creating Xact Wave Banks for use in games like Terraria. No installations required! Also comes with extraction capabilities.
Now with 99% more Terraria 1.4 track names support!
As of Terraria 1.4, the Title screen track is now split into an Intro and Main parts (numbers 50 and 51).
The Intro plays for a fixed length of time until the Main track begin playing. The Intro track will not loop. Meaning you will be met with silence until the fixed time has passed.
See this guide created by StarXStone for more information on Terraria Wave Banks.
(The file size limit no longer seems to apply)
Tests have shown that the program used to compile the Wave Banks (XactBld3), will support any wave file with audio data totalling just under 256MB (About 25 minutes duration when using a sample rate of 44.1Hz). The biggest wave bank I've been able to create with it was 358MB and Terraria happily accepted it.
~ Create Wave Banks from wave or other audio files for use in games like Terraria ~
~ Lists track names next to each entry to help choose how to order ~
~ Load and save wave file lists for later use ~
~ Extract Wave Banks to facilitate modification ~
~ No hassle, no installations required ~
~ Support for listing of Terraria 1.4 track names ~
.NET Framework 4.5.2 | Windows 7 or later
(Main standalone executable)
(Sample file to customize names displayed in QuickWaveBank)
~ Previous downloads can be found at the bottom of the page ~
Wiki | Credits | Image Album | Source Code
- Extracting correctly exports tracks again.
- Update to Terraria 1.4 track list.
- Some changes in some existing track names to avoid confusion.
- Fixed build failures caused by special characters in file names and paths.
- Audio tracks will now always be converted on build to avoid more build failures caused by unsupported audio formats. (temporary fix)
- To customize track names displayed in QuickWaveBank: Create a text file Documents/My Games/Terraria/QuickWaveBank_TrackNames.txt, with ordered track names (one per line). This nearly unheard of functionality has existing for awhile, but has been poorly advertised. The old text filename before this update was TrackList.txt, which is... not the clearest name when "Track Lists" is already used by QuickWaveBank to describe loading and saving.
- Possibly fixed a crash caused by not being able to locate Terraria's content directory.
- Minor UI changes.
- Build Console now builds when you build QuickWaveBank. (Source code fix)
- Updated BuildConsole to use correct temporary directory.
- Build no longer fails if you haven't run previous versions of the program.
- Formatting characters no longer restrict paths.
- Now copies files with formatting characters in their paths to a
temporary path where there are no formatting characters.
- Double clicking a track now plays or pauses it.
- Fixed cancel not canceling Converting process during build.
- Title "file modified" asterisk now updates properly when saving.
- Now packaged with the full version of FFmpeg, which drastically increased the file size of the executable. I gave up trying to build my own compact version. Building for Windows is a nightmare.
- Numerous non-wave audio formats are now supported and even a few video formats.
- Asks to convert non-wave formats upon adding to the list. Asks again to overwrite if the file already exists.
- Options to auto-convert or auto overwrite, or instead not ask to convert at all and keep the format.
- Files not converted upon addition will be converted at build-time.
- Can now drag in audio files from places other than Explorer like iTunes.
- Wave Lists renamed to Track Lists.
- Can now properly cancel extract process.
- Canceling build no longer causes problems with future builds.
- Build Console will now show itself when an error occurs.
The first release of Quick Wave Bank. Comes with all of the essentials for making basic Wave Banks without advanced settings.