Casual Random Chitchat Thread

Hi there @anejat I moved your post (and any replies) into this Random Chit Chat thread. A thread for “tell me what you’re thinking right now” isn’t really a legitimate topic for a discussion. The Off Topic section is for discussions that aren’t related to Terraria, not a place for random chat. But this thread that we‘re in now IS a proper place for chat, so I moved your post into here.

Or, alternatively your post could’ve gone on your own profile (which is here: anejat). I’m not able to move things onto your profile, so that’s why I moved it into the chitchat thread. :)

Hi there @anejat I moved your post (and any replies) into this Random Chit Chat thread. A thread for “tell me what you’re thinking right now” isn’t really a legitimate topic for a discussion. The Off Topic section is for discussions that aren’t related to Terraria, not a place for random chat. But this thread that we‘re in now IS a proper place for chat, so I moved your post into here.

Or, alternatively your post could’ve gone on your own profile (which is here: anejat). I’m not able to move things onto your profile, so that’s why I moved it into the chitchat thread. :)
Thanks, I didn't see that! :merchanthappy:

And I'm here to question the stupidity of the english language again. This time, specific location names.
  1. Why the :red: do people pronounce Connecticut as Connetiket when it's clearly spelled connecti-cut?
  2. What the :red: Arkansas?

And I'm here to question the stupidity of the english language again. This time, specific location names.
  1. Why the :red: do people pronounce Connecticut as Connetiket when it's clearly spelled connecti-cut?
  2. What the :red: Arkansas?
buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo is grammatically correct

Well, according to Wikipedia (Copied directly):
The sentence employs three distinct meanings of the word buffalo:

• as an attributive noun (acting as an adjective) to refer to a specific place named Buffalo, the city of Buffalo, New York, being the most notable;
  • as the verb to buffalo, meaning (in American English[1]) "to bully, harass, or intimidate" or "to baffle"; and
  • as a noun to refer to the animal the buffalo (often called bison outside of North America). The plural is also buffalo.

A semantically equivalent form preserving the original word order is: "Buffalo bison that other Buffalo bison bully also bully Buffalo bison."

• as an attributive noun (acting as an adjective) to refer to a specific place named Buffalo, the city of Buffalo, New York, being the most notable;
  • as the verb to buffalo, meaning (in American English[1]) "to bully, harass, or intimidate" or "to baffle"; and
  • as a noun to refer to the animal the buffalo (often called bison outside of North America). The plural is also buffalo.

A semantically equivalent form preserving the original word order is: "Buffalo bison that other Buffalo bison bully also bully Buffalo bison."
I love breaking PPLS minds with these
also btw this was my 1k like I gave out

How did this even start?

And now I'm here to complain about the name of a bird species.
The red-winged blackbird
Sure the males are, well, black birds with red wings. And then the females are... just brown.

And now I'm here to complain about the name of a bird species.
The red-winged blackbird
Sure the males are, well, black birds with red wings. And then the females are, well they're just brown.
I feel like "Red-Winged Blackbird that is sometimes Brown" would just be too hard to pronounce every time

Back
Top Bottom