Mobile Random crashes

The True Destroyer

The Destroyer
Your Terraria Device
iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
Mobile OS
iOS 13.5.1
I can't provide much information on this issue, unfortunately, but I do believe it is a rather important problem anyway.

Sometimes, my game will just randomly crash. I can't find a reason, and it doesn't seem to be influenced by any factors of the game itself (e.g. world, character, etc.) and it doesn't seem to have a specific time either, it just happens. The app just closes itself randomly and all unsaved progress from that session is lost.

That's pretty much all the info I can get, but I hope there's a fix for this because it's quite annoying.

Last edited:
I can't provide much information on this issue, unfortunately, but I do believe it is a rather important problem anyway.

Sometimes, my game will just randomly crash. I can't find a reason, and it doesn't seem to be influenced by any factors of the game itself (e.g. world, character, etc.) and it doesn't seem to have a specific time either, it just happens. The app just closes itself randomly and all unsaved progress from that session is lost.

That's pretty much all the info I can get, but I hope there's a fix for this because it's quite annoying.
Hi there @The True Destroyer, thanks for sharing this. :)

If the crashes are random and don’t seem to be influenced by any factors of the game, it can be hard to tell if this is even a bug.

Have you tried adjusting some settings and see if that helps the issue. Make sure you have all other apps closed when you play, playing on small sized worlds will perform best, turn all graphics settings to low, screen effects to off, and if it still needs some help, try turning backgrounds off as well.

Are you playing on a low end device? If so make sure to turn off the background and set the graphic settings to low like unit said, your device could be the one causing this.

Ok, I've tried turning down every graphics setting. The crashes are rather strange in that sometimes they happen very frequently, but most of the time it's ok and it rarely crashes at all. But yeah, whenever it does crash it's just random. I play on small worlds, too. I haven't had another crash since reporting this, but it's happened before as well - it just seems to crash a lot a few certain days and then runs fine without another care in the world.

Changed from critical to high because it's still playable, it just has these infrequent and very crashy days.

Ok, I've tried turning down every graphics setting. The crashes are rather strange in that sometimes they happen very frequently, but most of the time it's ok and it rarely crashes at all. But yeah, whenever it does crash it's just random. I play on small worlds, too. I haven't had another crash since reporting this, but it's happened before as well - it just seems to crash a lot a few certain days and then runs fine without another care in the world.

Changed from critical to high because it's still playable, it just has these infrequent and very crashy days.
Interesting, from what you describe I think that has something to do with your device considering that you aren’t doing anything specific to warrant the crash.

Back
Top Bottom