Random generation broken?

Hey guys, I think my Terraria world gen is not random. I probably will not be able to prove it, but: I created like 24 worlds in a row to test this and every single one of them has Crimson, Iron, Copper, Tungsten, Platinum, Palladium, Mythril and Titanium. No alterations. I really want to see some corruption and other ores too but it never comes! Ever since I updated to 1.3.0.1 i've never seen alterations. Has anyone had this issue? What should I do?

Am I just stupid and hardmode ores are not random but bound to corrupt biome alt? Isnt chance of crimson spawning 50%?!

Hey guys, I think my Terraria world gen is not random. I probably will not be able to prove it, but: I created like 24 worlds in a row to test this and every single one of them has Crimson, Iron, Copper, Tungsten, Platinum, Palladium, Mythril and Titanium. No alterations. I really want to see some corruption and other ores too but it never comes! Ever since I updated to 1.3.0.1 i've never seen alterations. Has anyone had this issue? What should I do?

Am I just stupid and hardmode ores are not random but bound to corrupt biome alt? Isnt chance of crimson spawning 50%?!

Well, when we get really technical, world gen isn't random because (most) PCs can't do anything random because they still have to generate the values from something, which is usually a seed. 24 worlds with exactly the same ores and biome is so statistically improbable that I think that the seed is where the problem lies.

Are the different world you spawn exactly the same or do they just have the same ores? I'm pretty sure it's the last one, but just checking.

Well, I've checked the game files, and ores and crimson are all chosen by generating either a 0 or a 1 and acting upon the result.
Code:
if (WorldGen.genRand.Next(2) == 0)
{
copper = 166;
WorldGen.copperBar = 703;
WorldGen.CopperTierOre = 166;
}
I don't know enough about these things to understand how you keep getting the same value for 8 independent randomisations twenty four times (which, to put it in a figure, is a chance of about 1 in 6.3 times 10 to the power of 57), so I'm sorry to say I can't help you any further with this.

Back
Top Bottom