TCF Suggestion Ratings

Ale✘

Terrarian
I wanted to suggest adding ratings for example: Creative, Informative, Friendly etc... But i think the important one i suggested is "Informative" if people rate staffs/members posts as "Informative" it would rise up as one of the more Informative posts. Ofcourse though i don't want the new ones to not be seen. I think the solution to that would be to add a button somewhere saying "Show the top rated posts" or if you already clicked it it would say "Show new posts"

I know there is a problem in adding ratings though... People would just give them to their friends just because. Well! For a post to be called "Informative" i think it should be ATLEAST 3 of the same ratings.

Tell me if you agree or disagree. Maybe even tell me what would be the issues in this.
Anyways thanks for reading it through!

Nowadays people prefer to use the 'like' button in cases when they find a post 'informative' or 'friendly', or just because they like it.

Kinda self-explanatory, if you have a post that contains informative information, and others will like it, then they'll likely like it because it's been informative. Not because it's funny of creative. so the use of seperate buttons for that feels a bit unnecesary.

That said, there is already a filter button in the sub-forums where you can filter out the threads with the most likes on the first post.

Nowadays people prefer to use the 'like' button in cases when they find a post 'informative' or 'friendly', or just because they like it.

I have to agree with this. The like button is just far easier and people seem to like it more. In addition to the already existent filter option, There's rarely ever a time where informative posts are hard to find. That being said, I think the idea is pretty neat in concept, but not very practical. Still, thanks for the suggestion!

Kinda self-explanatory, if you have a post that contains informative information, and others will like it, then they'll likely like it because it's been informative. Not because it's funny of creative. so the use of seperate buttons for that feels a bit unnecesary.

That said, there is already a filter button in the sub-forums where you can filter out the threads with the most likes on the first post.

I have to agree with this. The like button is just far easier and people seem to like it more. In addition to the already existent filter option, There's rarely ever a time where informative posts are hard to find. That being said, I think the idea is pretty neat in concept, but not very practical. Still, thanks for the suggestion!
Thanks for making it clear to me that there is a filter option! The main point even was for the top rated posts.

In case you want to figure out where to find it. It's located in sub forums like PC General Talk
Then scroll all the way down to see 'Thread Display Options'

upload_2017-11-4_17-19-37.png

Here you can select certain stats like 'amounts of times viewed', 'thread creation time' and 'first message likes', where the latter would be the most relevant to you.

Back
Top Bottom