tModLoader Recipe Browser

Discussion in 'Released' started by jopojelly, Sep 30, 2017.

1. jopojelly

jopojelly Retinazer

I'm pretty sure the announce button on the item checklist mod does that.

2. Melly the WM

Melly the WM Official Terrarian

for some reason bestiary does not want to work in my favor. i click on the enemies but nothing happens. i go to see what items can drop from enemies but nothing happens. i've changed nothing in the recipe browser but i don't know what to do.

anyone know a solution to the problem?

3. Caytwell

Caytwell Terrarian

Getting this issue too; I uploaded my LootCache.json after deleting it and letting it rebuild over here [ https://pastebin.com/raw/DfD49TUY ] - when rebuilding it sat on "Terraria" for a long time then took about a quarter second for each of the rest of the mods. Like dedelac, the only things listed in mine are a few of the Calamity lore tidbits. I cross-referenced our mods list [ https://pastebin.com/raw/VWjaumD5 ] here, removing the differences (with version differences noted though I doubt it matters). If you remove the mods he said he still had when it was "working as intended" later, you get this list [ https://pastebin.com/raw/i4tDMN4A ].

4. KittyKitCatCat

KittyKitCatCat Skeletron Prime

I use the recipe browser to balance recipes (i often forget what they are as well) while playtesting my mod. I often build and reload... The drops from enemies do not update. Not a big issue i can just check the code but that might be a problem.

5. jopojelly

jopojelly Retinazer

Well, this is by design. Unless you update the build.txt version, it won't waste load time recalculating drops. For modders, this means a little extra work, but maybe just make a bat file that deletes the lootcache.json file that you can quickly click on. (easier than changing build versions.)

6. imkSushi

imkSushi Spazmatism

Alternatively, you could make it so that there is a setting that enables/disables recalculating drop rates each time you reload.

7. KittyKitCatCat

Well yeah, makes sense acually. Now that i think about it id rather not have to wait it to redo all the drop caches.

8. the64thbittripper

the64thbittripper Official Terrarian

Is anyone else having an incredibly long time for rebuilding the loot cache? It's been sitting on Terraria for a while now so far.

9. KittyKitCatCat

Well i mean, it does have to load every code of a drop from the whole game. It cant be quick. Another reason might be that ur pc aint that good.

10. EdwardT

EdwardT Terrarian

): I set the hotkey and i clicked on it and it didn't work :confused:
    Oh i just did something wrong opss....

11. Sorry for bad English.

I have a problem I can't see which enemies drop which items in blue bar on the right side.
    Can anyone help me?

Attached Files:

• qwe.png
      qwe.png
      File size:
      258.5 KB
      Views:
  12. jopojelly

jopojelly Retinazer

If you ever have trouble with the loot, deleting "\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\Cache\LootCache.json" and reloading so it builds again should help.

13. Thank you! Now I can see monster in blue bar.

14. DontEatSocks

DontEatSocks Spazmatism

Found A bad bug: I have many large content mods (I'd rather not get into detail, but i'm not using tremor) and i am playing with a friend and whenever i put a crimtane bar in the recipe browser, the game crashes after about 10 secounds. This happens both is single and multiplayer. Except when it happens in Multiplayer, I can no longer join my friends game and it gets stuck at "retrieving world information". Then when my friend leaves to re-host the server, it gets stuck at "retrieving world info" aswell. He can load it in singleplayer, but no longer host it. This happened 3 times, and we lost 3 world to it.

This is also around the time when we get Magic Storage's storage system up. So I will post this on that forum aswell.

https://imgur.com/a/xYRl9

15. jopojelly

jopojelly Retinazer

Well, placing crimtane works for me, so you'll have to to do this:

[​IMG]

Blazingfireflies likes this.
  16. Twichlove999

Twichlove999 Eye of Cthulhu

what about some sort of way to scroll to see enemy drops if it drops many items?

17. jopojelly

jopojelly Retinazer

scroll wheel

18. Twichlove999

wait. now if i click an enemy in the bestiary nothing shows up

but what i meant was drops from an enemy in a bestiary

19. jopojelly

jopojelly Retinazer

same thing, scroll wheel.

20. Twichlove999

hmm. i never saw a scroll wheel in the bestiary, will see though.