tModLoader Reduced Grinding

First of all, thanks for the great mod, much appreciated!
I also have a request. Could you add Coralstone Blocks from the angler quest rewards to the list? There's only a 1% chance to get any at all, so you never have enough to actually do something with them. :/

Also, as I updated the mod today, I didn't delete the old configuration file, but when I compared my old backup with the new one, I noticed that all my changes were still there, as well as the new lines. Convenient, but you already said it shouldn't do that.

First of all, thanks for the great mod, much appreciated!
I also have a request. Could you add Coralstone Blocks from the angler quest rewards to the list? There's only a 1% chance to get any at all, so you never have enough to actually do something with them. :/

Also, as I updated the mod today, I didn't delete the old configuration file, but when I compared my old backup with the new one, I noticed that all my changes were still there, as well as the new lines. Convenient, but you already said it shouldn't do that.
I updated it and added configurations for Coralstone Blocks.

EDIT: I misread your post at first, but I tried it for myself and I see what you mean. It didn't use to do that. They must of made it that way in one TModLoader updates. I'm really glad it's like that, it was really inconvenient having to use a text comparison tool.

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch for the update!
Time for a coralstone house :cool:

EDIT: Well, this is awkward. Just like with any other item, the angler gives out exactly one coralstone block (usually it's 50-150, I think). So, is it possible to change that accordingly? A flat 200 or so would be fine, too, and much appreciated.

Last edited:
I updated the coding and made it so the rolls for each fish catching chance is shuffled, but sometimes a fish will outside the rolls will be caught. I'm trying to get help for it on discord, but in case anyone here can help, I'm posting the code for it here (for testing purposes Golden Carp and Blue Jellyfish have a 100% chance; it's not like this in the published mod): https://gist.github.com/dragon3025/b03907ea5f4ca361f53cfbf528cb5bcc

EDIT: I'm considering if possible, making it so that fish obtained by my mod's rolls for them are caught along with the default fish, instead a the default fish being replaced by a sucessful roll for a fish. I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on this.

EDIT: Okay, I updated the fish changing mechanics:

These are chances to change what your caught fish will be. You still have to fish in the correct locations. The chance to change the catch will then be multiplied by your fishing power divided by 195. You can reach 195 by have the best fishing gear while fishing at dawn or dusk. If you set a configuration to 195.0 then it will be at least 100% now matter how low your fishing power is.

If power is at least 50, then it will have a 10% chance of trying to change to a crate (20% if using a Crate Potion).

When trying to change into a crate, it will go down the list from rarest to least rarest crates until it either changes the catch or runs out of crate changing chances, which it will then try changing the catch into a fish.

When trying to change the catch into a fish, It will randomly select chances to change a fish, and it will do this a number of times equal to how many different fish changing configurations there are, but will stop if it changes a catch.

Last edited:
hey i have to ask, what decimal placement is the config file using? like what is 1% or 100% im guessing 0.01 is 1% and 1.00 is 100%

I assume this hasn't been asked since I ctrl + f'd every page of the topic, so could you please add configuration for Bananarangs? Not even a War Potion + Battle Potion was enough to get a single one to drop.

((Thank you very much for making this mod btw!))

Last edited:
I assume this hasn't been asked since I ctrl + f'd every page of the topic, so could you please add configuration for Bananarangs? Not even a War Potion + Battle Potion was enough to get a single one to drop.

I get them pretty often during blood moons.

Updated it and added configuration for Bananarang drop rate.

Wondering if there's a config for the Staff of Regrowth? ^_^
Nice mod by the way!

No, but updated it and added it. It's a jungle chest item, so like the other jungle chest items I made it an item that the Witch Doctor Sells.

First of all... good job with this mod.:D

I have the suggestion that you could add the Mimic's drops to the configuration. I need to get a Flesh Knuckles, a Flying Knife and a Putrid Scent... and those ***** dont drop it. Is very stressful.:sigh:

First of all... good job with this mod.:D

I have the suggestion that you could add the Mimic's drops to the configuration. I need to get a Flesh Knuckles, a Flying Knife and a Putrid Scent... and those ***** dont drop it. Is very stressful.:sigh:
I haven't updated the Big Mimic's yet, but I updated it and added configurations for mimics. I just realized you wanted Big Mimic configurations, so I'm working on that right now. Until then, you can craft Key of Light and Key of Night to spawn in the Big Mimics.

EDIT: Okay, I updated and added Big Mimic configurations.

Last edited:
1st mod that I downloaded, because i don't have all day for farm, thanks a lot.

Can you add these item?

Mechanic:
add Dart Traps affter Skeletron defeated
add Geyser after Wall of Flesh defeated
add Jungle Temple traps(Super Dart trap, Spear Trap, Spiky Ball Trap, Flame Trap) after Golem defeated
Merchant( i think this npc most suitable, but it's all up to you):
Natural Chests which can not be crafted (Gold, Shadow, Ivy, Ice, Living Wood, Water, Web Covered, Lihzahrd, Jungles, Corruption, Crimson, Hallowed, Frozen)

Also need Fish(item) witch summon penguin and can be found in Ice Chest which had only 4% change;
Items from Pyramid(Flying Carpet, Sandstrom in a Bottle, Pharaoh's Mask, Pharaoh's Robe), because it's rare structure.
Add remaining items from Traveling Merchant to configuration.

Can you add these item?

Mechanic:
add Jungle Temple traps(Super Dart trap, Spear Trap, Spiky Ball Trap, Flame Trap) after Golem defeated
Natural Chests which can not be crafted (Gold, Shadow, Ivy, Ice, Living Wood, Water, Web Covered, Lihzahrd, Jungles, Corruption, Crimson, Hallowed, Frozen)

Also need Fish(item) witch summon penguin and can be found in Ice Chest which had only 4% change;
Items from Pyramid(Flying Carpet, Sandstrom in a Bottle, Pharaoh's Mask, Pharaoh's Robe), because it's rare structure.
These are nice ideas. Alright I'll work on these.

I can't craft the added recipes at all. Tried the war potion recipe at alchemy station and arkhalis recipe at all the crafting stations and none of them worked. Had all the necessary ingredients too.

Can you add these item?

Mechanic:

I updated and added everything, except for the Traveling Merchant which I'm still going to work on.
I can't craft the added recipes at all. Tried the war potion recipe at alchemy station and arkhalis recipe at all the crafting stations and none of them worked. Had all the necessary ingredients too.
I'll look into this. Until then, try placing ingredients into the Guide NPC slot to see if the recipe shows up. There's also a mod that shows recipes, it's either HERO's Mod and/or Cheat Sheet.

Back
Top Bottom