tModLoader Reduced Grinding

The new merchant sales cause his items to go off the page (you can't buy them at all).
This is probably because he's overloaded with items. You probably have other mods adding to the merchants items. The new naturally generated chest feature really floods his selling space. I just thought of a solution, I could give him a few slots (maybe 4) which randomly chooses between those chest. That way if there's a chest you want, you just open and close until it appears.

Maybe an NPC to combat that?

Or make it part of the traveling merchant's list? (like, 13% chance of any chest, no limit to number of types)

This is probably because he's overloaded with items. You probably have other mods adding to the merchants items. The new naturally generated chest feature really floods his selling space. I just thought of a solution, I could give him a few slots (maybe 4) which randomly chooses between those chest. That way if there's a chest you want, you just open and close until it appears.
It'd probably be best to either
A. Do that
B. Add them to the traveling merchant
C. Add a new NPC that just sells stuff like these.

i know this is too much to ask, but can you make it so that when the merchant is in a diffrent biome(i.e snow, sky, desert) it will have the diffrent something in a bottle, im doing a skyblock mod challange with this mod and i like how i can get the sandstorm in a bottle with the merchant, but at the same time i also want the blizzerd in a bottle to make the bunch of bloons accessory. this is just a request, you dont need to do it, but i hope you can consider this idea...

Okay, I made a new town NPC called the Chest seller. I just recolored the Merchant. I don't really need this, but if someone would like to, they can post a new sprite for him here. This is the sprite and head images I used (EDIT: The spite image is to the left of the head, it's just very thin): ChestSeller.png ChestSeller_Head.png

i know this is too much to ask, but can you make it so that when the merchant is in a diffrent biome(i.e snow, sky, desert) it will have the diffrent something in a bottle, im doing a skyblock mod challange with this mod and i like how i can get the sandstorm in a bottle with the merchant, but at the same time i also want the blizzerd in a bottle to make the bunch of bloons accessory. this is just a request, you dont need to do it, but i hope you can consider this idea...
Alright, but first I need to finish the rest of the Traveling Merchant items.

Last edited:
Okay, I made a new town NPC called the Chest seller. I just recolored the Merchant. I don't really need this, but if someone would like to, they can post a new sprite for him here. This is the sprite and head images I used (EDIT: The spite image is to the left of the head, it's just very thin): View attachment 166729 View attachment 166730

Alright, but first I need to finish the rest of the Traveling Merchant items.

I think it better to give a config line to each chest and set it default:false, that anyone who want's these chest can set to true, and then others item set to false that they not overfill list.
And what are you thinking about that?

I think it better to give a config line to each chest and set it default:false, that anyone who want's these chest can set to true, and then others item set to false that they not overfill list.
And what are you thinking about that?
I thought about doing that, but I didn't because if someone turned all the Chests off, then the Chest Seller would have a blank shop. I just thought of a solution though, I'll have the chest seller sell regular chests while giving configurations for all of the others.

EDIT: Okay, I gave a default chest to the chest seller, and made the rest configurable.

Last edited:
I thought about doing that, but I didn't because if someone turned all the Chests off, then the Chest Seller would have a blank shop. I just thought of a solution though, I'll have the chest seller sell regular chests while giving configurations for all of the others.

EDIT: Okay, I gave a default chest to the chest seller, and made the rest configurable.
I had in mind that, chest will sell merchant, because build one more house take place. :confused:

Could you increase drop rate for bloody machete from one in 2000 for those playing throwing with fargos that would be a huge help

Could you increase drop rate for bloody machete from one in 2000 for those playing throwing with fargos that would be a huge help
Yes, but first there is a few request I still need to work on, and tmodloader needs to update to the newest version of Terraria.

Is there any potion only version ?
I really like more mobs, but i want to grind for it

EDIT:
If you're okay with it, i think it's a nice addition to have potion of mobs spawn rate like Event rate.

With costly recipe Bottle + 50 gold + (insert ingredients) and lasts for 10 minutes.
For example: There's 25 mob spawned per 10 second, so 1500 mobs effectively. A mob drops 3-10 silver in expert, 6.5 silver on average.
6.5 * 1500 = 97.5 gold expected. 47.5 gold profit (not including rare items or rare mob)

Last edited:
Is there any potion only version ?
I really like more mobs, but i want to grind for it

EDIT:
If you're okay with it, i think it's a nice addition to have potion of mobs spawn rate like Event rate.

With costly recipe Bottle + 50 gold + (insert ingredients) and lasts for 10 minutes.
For example: There's 25 mob spawned per 10 second, so 1500 mobs effectively. A mob drops 3-10 silver in expert, 6.5 silver on average.
6.5 * 1500 = 97.5 gold expected. 47.5 gold profit (not including rare items or rare mob)
You can turn all of the configuration settings to false or 0 (depending on the type of configuration). The potion boost the spawn rates of all mobs, whether it's from an event or not. There's configurations that allow you to decide how much the potion cost.

You can turn all of the configuration settings to false or 0 (depending on the type of configuration). The potion boost the spawn rates of all mobs, whether it's from an event or not. There's configurations that allow you to decide how much the potion cost.
wow that't pretty good. Thanks <3

Back
Top Bottom