[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Turtle Armor and a few endgame vanilla items fend off Armageddon Slime?
The Armageddon Slime is ridiculously easy, so turtle armour should be fine
It does a lot of damage though, so don't just stand in it or you might die (This should be obvious :p)

Last edited:
Did I read correctly? Crystal edge can be used twice? Is that possible with any other equips?
It's possible with ALL equips. Not gonna say how to do it here because it's a bug, (Red's bug, not Blah's), but it's been around for quite a while and takes all of 3 seconds to do.
Would Turtle Armor and a few endgame vanilla items fend off Armageddon Slime?
You can just stand behind a wall with one block open and shoot the Armageddon Slime. IT isn't the reason you need to be prepared, Super Hardmode is VERY difficult in the beginning. Entering the SHM dungeon without SHM gear is suicide, and mobs everywhere get stronger. (I think the amount they are boosted still varies with your strength, but this might have been removed).

I have a few questions/comments,
  • ANY GUN THAT FIRES AT 'INSANELY FAST' OR BETTER FIRES TWO BULLETS EVERY TIME
  • THE CRYSTAL EDGE LETS YOU GET A 90 DMG MEGASHARK/CRYSTAL STORM RIGHT AFTER A FEW DESTROYER KILLS (You can equip it twice, and the megashark does 38 with an average ranger setup). THIS PLUS THE TWO PROJECTILE BUG IS EXTREMELY BROKEN
  • Just my opinion, but the late game lacks structure. It's unclear how to get the first oblivion ore for an instantanium pick (me and my friend ended up farming juggernauts). Only later did we learn about the pyroclastic tier which we completely skipped.

A Ranged play-through seems too easy, I'll give you some credit there. Honestly, if you know what to look for, progression through hardmode is way too easy. Personally, I could've done without the crystal edges, they are a little too easy to craft for what they give you. I got one really early along with an Uzi and Chaos Crystal, that's it, hardmode was done after that. (There was a free Avenger Emblem in the Solar Shrine chest, so that cut some time down as well)

Some of the new items that drop off of static mobs, combined with strategic use of Luck potion made that progression very very easy. But I will say this: I played the very early stages of Avalon and things are much much more difficult to craft now than they were before.
Back then if you wanted top tier armor you didn't really have to go out of your way, you already had the mats in your chests just by playing and you had about 15% of the variety you do now.

As for the Oblivion ore, you can get the amount you need for the pick by mining the brand new ore that appears that you've never seen before that's visible in the dark and rainbow colored after SHM begins.
(Seems like hardmode ends after you kill Golem. Would've been nice if you needed special mats from each event and Fishron to advance, just to drag things out a bit more and throw some relevance onto them. Even the Solar Eclipse has some relevance.)

Last edited:
A Ranged play-through seems too easy, I'll give you some credit there. Honestly, if you know what to look for, progression through hardmode is way too easy. Personally, I could've done without the crystal edges, they are a little too easy to craft for what they give you. I got one really early along with an Uzi and Chaos Crystal, that's it, hardmode was done after that. (There was a free Avenger Emblem in the Solar Shrine chest, so that cut some time down as well)

Some of the new items that drop off of static mobs, combined with strategic use of Luck potion made that progression very very easy. But I will say this: I played the very early stages of Avalon and things are much much more difficult to craft now than they were before.
Back then if you wanted top tier armor you didn't really have to go out of your way, you already had the mats in your chests just by playing and you had about 15% of the variety you do now.
My biggest personal issue with the endgame was the absurd amount of chlorophyte you need (nearly 200 bars per person), and the fact that you need oblivion ore to get the instantanium pick to mine oblivion ore, which led to some confusion. And the fact that MANY weapons and such late game seem... thrown in, almost like they were just made to justify the existance of each of the endgame bars. At the point you get them, there are better swords /bows/picks you can get easier (Hell, IIRC the ferozium pick has a lower/identical mining power to the drax, which is pre SHM!), and they seem too weak for their tier. It seems a bit unnecessary to make a sword and such for every single one of the many ores that are ALL pretty much the same tier (Caesium, Oblivion, Hydrolyth, Solarium, and Ferozium)

Also the crystal edges are actually more OP with mages, because the energy revolver hits for over 70 with an average mage setup, with even one crystal edge that is doing 95 dmg and firing faster than a megashark

The bosses dropped so much ore that I just killed them for it, much faster.

I see what you mean about things not balancing and leveling out across tiers, it seems as if though the entire mod's direction had to be changed and re-worked mid development, because in a way it did. They didn't need to do that dark matter biome or add minion capability, maybe just one high end minion set.
I feel like the Avalon devs were aiming for variety and fun over difficulty and progression which I don't mind really. Besides, if we want difficulty we can just make Mediumcore or Hardcore characters (pfft, yeah right) :)

OK i just fought Oblivion, however when i killed the first form (the eye that shoots cursed flames) oblivion did not reborn after that, so I wasted 1 summoning item...
Is this a bug?

Btw Berserker Armor and Inertia boots are so OP, well the armor is not great against anything in the underground jungle, there's its like I have no Defence...

OK i just fought Oblivion, however when i killed the first form (the eye that shoots cursed flames) oblivion did not reborn after that, so I wasted 1 summoning item...
Is this a bug?

Btw Berserker Armor and Inertia boots are so OP, well the armor is not great against anything in the underground jungle, there's its like I have no Defence...

Yes it is a bug.

Ok im done wasting eyes of Oblivion, either i need some kind of vampire teeth, or I won't stop wasting Eyes of Oblivion to then watch as I rush away and he gets like 1 meter out of my view then he disapeers
Im thinking of getting maybe the North Pole to help
And yes I have Palladins hammer and vampire KNIVES, but i want to get life steal on melee

Last edited:
Ok im done wasting eyes of Oblivion, either i need some kind of vampire teeth, or I won't stop wasting Eyes of Oblivion to then watch as I rush away and he gets like 1 meter out of my view then he disapeers
Im thinking of getting maybe the North Pole to help
And yes I have Palladins hammer and vampire KNIVES, but i want to get life steal on melee

There are no vampire teeth :p

Try to use your melee weapons to kill the laser first. Also use the terra blade, or the flairon.

If you have to go Mage. The awakened rose armor, provides damage and life steal and is an easy first oblivion kill.

Ah I see, I have been trying to use only modded melee items for my main weopons, maybe I should use vanilla weopons -_-

Yeah, some of the modded ranged weapons are powerful enough, but the vanilla weapons are used in crafting some of the modded weapons. Like the razorblade typhoon spell for the terraspin spell.
The terrablade is also used in the elemental Excalibur, the best sword in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom