tModLoader Reset Mode - Cycle worlds one after the other

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by hamstar, Feb 23, 2018.

1. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

[​IMG]
    Reset Mode

v1.1.3.4

Note: Requires Mod Helpers and Time Limit. Made to also make use of Rewards (optional).

For having met my first patreon goal, here's a mod request I've implemented based on this idea. In a nutshell, once the mode is activated, a timer is set for the current world, causing it to auto-exit and become unplayable thereafter. Once a new world is loaded, all players that join it will be reset (all items, max life, max mana, etc. set to starting amounts). The only recourse for preserving player progress between resets is by way of accrued Progress Points (via. Rewards mod).

Source code now available. API now available (now featuring Mod.Call() bindings).

Installation

Requires tModLoader (0.10). Copy the above .tmod file to your 'Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods' folder to play.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  2. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    Will the Terrarian and FiveSix78 like this.
  3. 6000j

6000j Official Terrarian

Looks neat. I'll have to try this out sometume

hamstar likes this.
  4. Cheeseboy157

Cheeseboy157 Spazmatism

This is a really cool concept! I'm going to try it and get as much replayability out of it. Maybe get a character to 100+ hours ;)

hamstar likes this.
  5. Will the Terrarian

Will the Terrarian Terrarian

You know how to set a homepage?

6. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

For the mod? Is it not currently set?

7. Will the Terrarian

No, it is. I was wondering how, I have a mod.icon and that’s it

8. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

It's a field in built.txt.

Will the Terrarian likes this.
  9. Will the Terrarian

Ah, so it’s just homepage = <link>???

10. Jofairden

Jofairden The Destroyer

hamstar and Will the Terrarian like this.
  11. ShuVi

ShuVi Steampunker

I actually have a question... i started a run, which i aborted midways. planned on starting a new one, deleted the old world, created a new character, and created a new world (with start with base mod active, same as the world before). the moment i enter the world, the message "World not valid for Reset Mode. Exiting..." pops up and drops me. i had the option "AutoStartSession" on true for a little bit aswell, but deactivated it and created another world after that.

any solution to fix that?

Edit: apparently it resolved itself after some meddling around and using another character (which didnt work before oddly enough)

hamstar likes this.
  12. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

This mod's determined to be buggy, despite a lot of effort on my part. I think a big part of that is the player id issue I recently found an alternative to, which I'll attempt to implement. Player progress might get lost, though.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    FiveSix78 and ShuVi like this.